Windows 10: cannot view video. sound ok, black box where video should show

Discus and support cannot view video. sound ok, black box where video should show in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; cannot view video. sound ok, black box where video should show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by walkers090170, Oct 13, 2018.

1. cannot view video. sound ok, black box where video should show

cannot view video. sound ok, black box where video should show

:)

walkers090170, Oct 13, 2018

2. video black

when i open a video it has sound but the picture is black and if you hold the cursor arrow over the time line it shows the picture in a small box

LONNYMERCER, Oct 13, 2018
  3. rwsadd Win User
    Viewing video in facebook and youtube

Hi everyone.
    I've recently started having problems viewing videos in facebook and some on you tube although sound is ok, tried uninstalling flash and re-installing to no avail (running chrome browser).
    In edge browser videos can be viewed but sound varies between none to strange noises, don't know if this is a win10 issue or browser issue or what else.
    All settings are correct and everything was ok up to a couple of weeks ago, when I first scroll window down video appears momentarily with start arrow ready until video is fully in window then large black and grey rectangular areas appear over video (varying sizes) which are still there if full screen is selected.
    I've included picture of typical video on facebook.
    If anyone can advise I'd be very grateful.
    Richard

rwsadd, Oct 13, 2018
  4. arovbukay Win User

5800 video playback is 'black'

does anyone know if this is being looked into? this is my second handset, the first had the issue with sound breaking up whilst on phone calls......and now this with the video showing up as a black screen (it does actually record, just doesnt show up on
    screen, same with viewing saved videos or downloading from iPlayer)

arovbukay, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot view video. sound ok, black box where video should show - Similar Threads - cannot view video

2. Why when inserting a video in PowerPoint it shows like a black box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when inserting a video in PowerPoint it shows like a black box?: When inserting a video in PowerPoint, it shows like a black box. I have Windows 10 Microsoft® PowerPoint® for Microsoft 365 MSO Version 2306 Build 16.0.16529.20100 32-bit. I can play the video, but I have to add a picture on top of the black box and use animation to exit...
  3. Why when inserting a video in PowerPoint it shows like a black box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why when inserting a video in PowerPoint it shows like a black box?: When inserting a video in PowerPoint, it shows like a black box. I have Windows 10 Microsoft® PowerPoint® for Microsoft 365 MSO Version 2306 Build 16.0.16529.20100 32-bit. I can play the video, but I have to add a picture on top of the black box and use animation to exit...
  4. Cannot View Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot View Video: Hello. I just created a video using the video editing software called Davinci Resolve 16. I exported it into a USB and then attempted to view the video in the Movies and TV app on my laptop (Dell XPS 15). The video began, but a couple seconds in, it stopped, saying it could...
  5. Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White: I am getting all pictures, video and any thing that is on e-mail , you tube or any pictures on news feeds. like a flim nagitive the blacks are white and the whites are black. not any art work ***Modify title from: Picures***...
  6. viewing video on Windows

viewing video on Windows: I use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser on windows 10. Recently I have not been able to view video content. What I see seems to be a very large magnification of the video making it unviewable. Can someone help me solve this problem?...
  7. Video viewing

Video viewing: When I view a video the picture zooms in to a part of the screen and therefore I cannot see the entire picture. How do I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-viewing/966a66de-6b62-45f7-b04a-f615001fd1fa
  8. No Sound On Inital View Of Online Videos

in Browsers and Email
    No Sound On Inital View Of Online Videos: Alright, I'm not sure if this is a Firefox or a Windows issue, but when I attempt to watch online videos, whether it be Facebook, YouTube or Twitter, the video plays but there's no sound. I have to restart the video in order to hear the sound. It hasn't always been that way...
  9. Paused Videos Not Showing in Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Paused Videos Not Showing in Task View: When I pause a video (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) to look up something on a different page then go to Task View to return to my video it is not there. How do I return to my video after going elsewhere. I am using a dual monitor set up. TIA. 114374
  10. VLC not showing thumbnails view of Video File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC not showing thumbnails view of Video File: VLC is not showing thumbnails view of video files. My Video files are generally flv. I have not checked whether it is showing thumbnails for other type of video files or not. 44934