Windows 10: Cannot View Video

Discus and support Cannot View Video in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I just created a video using the video editing software called Davinci Resolve 16. I exported it into a USB and then attempted to view the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelMorin1, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Cannot View Video

Hello. I just created a video using the video editing software called Davinci Resolve 16. I exported it into a USB and then attempted to view the video in the Movies and TV app on my laptop (Dell XPS 15). The video began, but a couple seconds in, it stopped, saying it could not play. It said if the problem continued to retry, so I did, but the video still would not continue to play. It also had this code, "0x800701b1". I do not know what to do. If you could help that would be great.

Thank You.

:)

MichaelMorin1, Sep 2, 2019

2. Unable to view or download videos from websites

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

• Did you make any specific hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular website?
    Internet Explorer 11 comes with the latest version of flash player pre-installed. So, the issue may rest with the particular page having compatibility issues with the Internet Explorer or there may be an issue with the flash
    player configuration settings in Internet Explorer. Hence, I would suggest you to try the following diagnostic steps to get started in the correct direction and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try opening the page in the compatibility view and check if you are able to view the video.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11If Method 1 does not resolve the issue, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Try the additional steps provided in the following link.

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Method 3:

As slightly mentioned in the Method 2, make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Tap or click the Tools button
    • In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.
    • Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled.
    • Shockwave Active X Control
    • Shockwave Flash Object
    • Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • Windows Media Player
    Having done the above steps, check if the websites are functioning properly.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Can't view videos on Windows 10 that worked on Windows 7

Hi,

If your computer is having problems playing videos using Windows Media Player, we suggest running the troubleshooter on control panel that can help check and solve issues that you encounter with it. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Type in "Troubleshooting" on the Search Control Panel, then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all under the Control Panel Home.
    • Click Windows Media Player Settings and follow the instruction needed.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Cannot View Video

AMD HD6520G Video problems with viewing videos in edge with windows 10

Hi Raygun,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Video playback.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Video playback
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Video playback troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to check whether you have enabled the flash player in the EDGE browser. IF you have not enabled the Flash player, follow the below steps and check fi it helps.

• Open Edge browser, select
      More options
      (…) (At top right corner) from the address bar, choose
      Settings.

• Click on View Advanced settings at the bottom.

• Turn on Adobe flash player.
    You may try to clear the cache and browsing history in EDGE browser by referring to the below article and check if it helps.

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Method 3:

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers and check if it helps. Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Cannot View Video

1. Cannot View Video - Similar Threads - Cannot View Video

2. Viewing videos and photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing videos and photos: Hi, I have never had a problem with viewing video clips or photos on my pc, until today! Most of the photos are .png or .jpeg and the video clips are .mov I took these on my iphone and transferred them on to my pc, but now half the photos won't open some of them were sent to...
  3. Viewing videos and photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing videos and photos: Hi, I have never had a problem with viewing video clips or photos on my pc, until today! Most of the photos are .png or .jpeg and the video clips are .mov I took these on my iphone and transferred them on to my pc, but now half the photos won't open some of them were sent to...
  4. Unable to view videos or post.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to view videos or post.: When I use my mouse and click on videos to play they just spin. And when I click to advance to another page it does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-videos-or-post/005c5b2c-7eba-442b-9ebc-20efe796b236"
  5. Viewing my Videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing my Videos: Two things I'm concerned with. One: I cannot input in the comment bar in my GAMES, Two: At my PBS website I could not view the videos as usual. background: I was using myKindleHD for almost 3years then I got this HP Laptop repaired and started to use it recently with no...
  6. viewing video on Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    viewing video on Windows: I use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser on windows 10. Recently I have not been able to view video content. What I see seems to be a very large magnification of the video making it unviewable. Can someone help me solve this problem?...
  7. Video viewing

Video viewing: When I view a video the picture zooms in to a part of the screen and therefore I cannot see the entire picture. How do I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-viewing/966a66de-6b62-45f7-b04a-f615001fd1fa
  8. cannot view video. sound ok, black box where video should show

cannot view video. sound ok, black box where video should show: cannot view video. sound ok, black box where video should show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-view-video-sound-ok-black-box-where-video/cb285c9f-479c-4bd3-ae42-9fa9cf21f37d
  9. Can't view videos on facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Can't view videos on facebook: I can view videos on youtube perfectly fine. However, when I try to view a video on facebook it tells me I need to install Adobe Flash Player. When I click on "Install Adobe" it redirects me to a page that says I already have windows 10 and flash player is integrated into...
  10. Viewing video in facebook and youtube

in Browsers and Email
    Viewing video in facebook and youtube: Hi everyone. I've recently started having problems viewing videos in facebook and some on you tube although sound is ok, tried uninstalling flash and re-installing to no avail (running chrome browser). In edge browser videos can be viewed but sound varies between none to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant play 0x800701b1

2. cant play video windows error 0x800701b1