Windows 10: Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard

Discus and support Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried the things that were suggested in this thread but I still can't wake the PC using the keyboard. Win10 is the latest 20H2, mouse/keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by benedict, Jan 6, 2021.

1. benedict Win User

Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard

I tried the things that were suggested in this thread but I still can't wake the PC using the keyboard.
    Win10 is the latest 20H2, mouse/keyboard connected using wired USB directly (no bluetooth or hub).
    The bios setting for power management is "OS" which greys out the bios settings.

Fast startup is disabled. Balanced power setting with hybrid sleep enabled and hibernate off, wake timers enabled.

Output from "powercfg /devicequery wake_armed" shows wake from keyboard is enabled.
    HID Keyboard Device
    HID Keyboard Device (001)
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller #2
    HID Keyboard Device (003)

Any ideas?

:)

benedict, Jan 6, 2021

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 6, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard

Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard

1. Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard - Similar Threads - Cannot wake sleep

2. Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep: HiI just downloaded latest Windows 11 Pro, installed, activated and updated it on PC.To make sure nothing is going to wake up the computer from sleep I opened Device Manager and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer" for:-Keyboards-Mouse-Ethernet ConnectionAfter...
  3. Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep: HiI just downloaded latest Windows 11 Pro, installed, activated and updated it on PC.To make sure nothing is going to wake up the computer from sleep I opened Device Manager and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer" for:-Keyboards-Mouse-Ethernet ConnectionAfter...
  4. Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep: O woe is me! I cannot get this ASUS Keyboard nor this beautiful Logitech MX Master2S mouse to stop waking up the laptop out of a nice long nap. It's totally disturbing and bringing great anxiety. I have unchecked both the Mouse and Keyboard in Device Manager where it gives...
  5. Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep

Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep: O woe is me! I cannot get this ASUS Keyboard nor this beautiful Logitech MX Master2S mouse to stop waking up the laptop out of a nice long nap. It's totally disturbing and bringing great anxiety. I have unchecked both the Mouse and Keyboard in Device Manager where it gives...
  6. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  7. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  8. Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse: OS: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made: -Under device manager i made sure...
  9. Keyboard inconsistent behavior upon wake from sleep using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard inconsistent behavior upon wake from sleep using it: Symptoms PC will not wake up using keyboard. Keyboard flashes upon key press in sleep. Keyboard starts lighting upon key press in sleep. This occurs only if PC is in sleep for a longer time. Details As far as I remember on my previous PC was quite common that PC did...
  10. cannot wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot wake from sleep: Not sure if this has any bearing on your specific situation......but since the spectre/meltdown exploit, mobo manufacturers have developed a new bios for this. But you have to create a support ticket (especially with Gigabyte) and request the udated bios. They're not...