Windows 10: Cannot wakeup from sleep without login - PRO

Discus and support Cannot wakeup from sleep without login - PRO in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know the ability to remove the lockscreen has been disabled, but I also no longer am unable to wake from sleep without using a password, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cereberus, Aug 3, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Cannot wakeup from sleep without login - PRO

I know the ability to remove the lockscreen has been disabled, but I also no longer am unable to wake from sleep without using a password, even though I can autologin. The option to remove it has gone!

Is this just me?

Have gone back to a local account without a password - still need to click login screen but less annoying that having to enter a password each time.

:)

cereberus, Aug 3, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Changing password back to a 4 digit pin

If you like to login to windows with a PIN, make sure you have the PIN set.

If you want to return to windows from Sleep without entering the pin;

Control Panel / Power Options .. in the left margin, 'Choose what the power buttons do'

Then you should see a link to 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' and below that a ways.... two bullet items to require password on wakeup or not to require password on wakeup.

'Mike P, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 having sleep problems on 3 out of 4 machines upgraded

I upgraded 4 machines in my home network last week to Windows 10. 3 of them will not sleep/wakeup correctly.

1 BRIX 47770R - Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro, no problems.

2 Surface Pro 3 (in docking station) - Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Goes to sleep fine, refuses to wakeup. Have to power down power up.

3 Sony VAIO Laptop - Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Goes to sleep, refuses to wakeup. Also refuses to power down, have to unplug from power, unplug battery, plug back in before I can power4 up.

4 Customized PC, ASUS motherboard, Intel i7-4700, AMD 290 (?) video card, upgraded from Windows 7 Pro, performs a restart when the sleep operation is triggered.

All of these were working perfectly before the upgrade

I'd very much like some advice/help on this. I'm particularly pissed about the Surface Pro 3 not working.

TomTiddler167, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Cannot wakeup from sleep without login - PRO

1. Cannot wakeup from sleep without login - PRO - Similar Threads - Cannot wakeup sleep

2. BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep: Hi I've had this problem for a few months. I've tried to fix it myself to no avail. I'd appreciate any help in fixing the problem.This problem started when I upgraded my storage on my desktop. I had to create a system image in order to copy it to the new NVM.e SSD device....
  3. BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep: Hi I've had this problem for a few months. I've tried to fix it myself to no avail. I'd appreciate any help in fixing the problem.This problem started when I upgraded my storage on my desktop. I had to create a system image in order to copy it to the new NVM.e SSD device....
  4. Pc fail to wakeup from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc fail to wakeup from sleep: The "sleep" don't work on the system.It goes to sleep but when it comes back something is wrong and the system resets and restarts normally, but I lost everything I was doing !!!I'm with windows 20h2 v2, until a few days ago it worked.How can I solve? Of course windows is...
  5. Pc fail to wakeup from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc fail to wakeup from sleep: The "sleep" don't work on the system.It goes to sleep but when it comes back something is wrong and the system resets and restarts normally, but I lost everything I was doing !!!I'm with windows 20h2 v2, until a few days ago it worked.How can I solve? Of course windows is...
  6. Pc fail to wakeup from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10: Spontaneous wakeup from sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Spontaneous wakeup from sleep: Our Windows 10 64bit desktop computer has the File Backup setting OFF.Nevertheless when we leave the computer on SLEEP it spontaneously wakes up at about 03:00 and stays on interminably.If we put it back to sleep, it stays in that condition for the next day. Any ideas?...
  8. Pc fail to wakeup from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc fail to wakeup from sleep: The "sleep" don't work on the system. It goes to sleep but when it comes back something is wrong and the system resets and restarts normally, but I lost everything I was doing !!! I'm with windows 20h2 v2, until a few days ago it worked. How can I solve? ( Of course...
  9. Login problem on wakeup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login problem on wakeup: My ASUS/Win10 laptop wakes up from sleep normally about 3 times out of 4...but the rest of the time it gets as far as displaying the password text box, with blinking cursor, and then refuses to accept keystrokes. The only way to get it up is to command a restart, either from...
  10. Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation: Tried hard reset. Still getting single blinking light after several tries. What else can I try? How do I know if the battery is charging? Thanks 73683