Windows 10: Cannot work this install key out

Discus and support Cannot work this install key out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have bought my grandson a refurbished laptop that was originally 7 Pro and the sticker with the key is inside the battery compartment. Now that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ICIT2LOL, Oct 18, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Cannot work this install key out

I have bought my grandson a refurbished laptop that was originally 7 Pro and the sticker with the key is inside the battery compartment.
    Now that it has Windows 10 Pro on I asked the seller for the key in case it needs ever to be reinstalled and he has said that the 7 key on the sticker is the key to install 10 Pro.

However I checked with Showkey and it has an entirely different key showing up see pic and I am wondering what the * means alongside the product key so what does the Default key message mean and which key do I use if the machine ever has to be reinstalled with 10 Pro??

:)

ICIT2LOL, Oct 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 18, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot work this install key out - Similar Threads - Cannot install key

2. Re-installed Windows and it cannot find the activation key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-installed Windows and it cannot find the activation key.: I just reseted windows on my latpop and it seems it cannot find the windows key to activate it.It was purchased in 2015 with a Windows 7 license and an option to upgrade to Windows 10. It has worked well since.I did not make any hardware change or anything like that.I ran the...
  3. Re-installed Windows and it cannot find the activation key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installed Windows and it cannot find the activation key.: I just reseted windows on my latpop and it seems it cannot find the windows key to activate it.It was purchased in 2015 with a Windows 7 license and an option to upgrade to Windows 10. It has worked well since.I did not make any hardware change or anything like that.I ran the...
  4. cannot find my product key and windows installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot find my product key and windows installing: i cannot find my windows product key in order history and the install button as before ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-my-product-key-and-windows-installing/757fc757-7402-4f25-a96d-9dd987eb32ad
  5. cannot find my product key and windows installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find my product key and windows installing: i cannot find my windows product key in order history and the install button as before ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-my-product-key-and-windows-installing/757fc757-7402-4f25-a96d-9dd987eb32ad
  6. cannot find my product key and windows installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Both Shift Keys Won't Work Out of Nowehere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both Shift Keys Won't Work Out of Nowehere: Hello! I have tried restarting, updating, cleaning the keyboard, holding down the shift keys, turning off sticky keys, turning on sticky keys and turning them off again, unistalling the keyboard, reinstalling the keyboard, performing a virus scan, crying, screaming, praying,...
  8. Media keys stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media keys stopped working out of nowhere: Out of nowhere my media keys shifted from a normal play/pause key press to a fixed shift+fn+play/pause key press. I normally only had to click on the play/pause button for it to work but it doesn't anymore. After reading several articles about disabling google play music...
  9. Security key cannot be installed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security key cannot be installed: Am trying to install a security key on my microsoft account and receive the message Your browser or operating system do not support this. Am using Edge and Windows 10 version 1809 which Microsoft itself says should be used.Have successfully installed the keys with Google and...
  10. Cannot view product key on clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot view product key on clean install: Ok, the more I read the more confused I get. Here's my problem: Have a computer with OEM Windows 7, been on there a few years. It's becoming somewhat goofy and decided to do a clean install of Windows 10. So, bought an OEM cd of 10 from Amazon ( home version). Came today....