Windows 10: Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

Discus and support Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I created a Blu-Ray image in ISO format. I then attempted to burn it to a Blu-Ray disk. First, I tried using a BD-RE and when I got an incompatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PDWhite, Jun 13, 2020.

1. PDWhite Win User

Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

I created a Blu-Ray image in ISO format. I then attempted to burn it to a Blu-Ray disk. First, I tried using a BD-RE and when I got an incompatible media error, I tried a standard BD-R. - The ISO size was well within the capacity of the disks I was attempting to write them to. - Oddly enough, I tried to with a smaller DVD ISO image to DVD media in the same drive, and no problem - it worked.

So I assumed that the Bly-Ray burner had gone bad and order another one, which I just finished installing. Unfortunately, that made no difference.

I tried reinstalling all the associated device drivers, but no luck.

Does anyone have some idea what is happening or not happening here? Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks,

PDWhite

:)

PDWhite, Jun 13, 2020
  2. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Optical drives Blu Ray

Hi,

Did you get any error message when trying to use Blu-ray disc? Have you tried running your PC on a safe mode? Furthermore, it would be best that you contact your manufacturer for any recommendation of Blu-ray drives. This is to make sure that the Blu-ray
    drives will be compatible with your device.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

Nero2016 doesn't recognize my Blu ray drive as being able to burn Blu-rays

Nero is correct in what it says, that drive, the Matshita BD-CMB UJ160, cannot write to Blu-ray discs, it can only read them... It can write to DVD and CD media. Asus support is also correct, the drive is "Blu-Ray compatible", meaning it can read Blu-Ray discs but not write to them. This is a common type of optical drive in modern laptops, hence the name "combo", it is a combo DVD-R/RW read/writer and a Blu-Ray reader.

If you look at the write capabilities, they are all "No" for Blu-ray (BD).  It can read Blu-ray, however. You are doing nothing wrong, your computer and Nero are working properly, it is just not capable of what you are trying to do.

acejavelin, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

1. Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive. - Similar Threads - Cannot Write Blu

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.: I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685 I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine. The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's but not Blu-Ray disks. I put a BR in the drive, close the drive and the drive pops open with an "Insert disk in drive" pop up...
  5. Blu Ray Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray Software: My DVD/CD player/recorder is acting up so decided to get a new one for my pc. Price for an 'ordinary' one 48x DVD/CD Write/Re write etc etc is 17.99. But if I want a blu ray one its 79.99 cheapest. But when I read the reviews, that buyers are annoyed because they have to buy...
  6. Burning Blu Ray

Burning Blu Ray: Hi, I was just wondering if in windows 10 you have to buy an external Blu Ray writer to be able to burn videos to a blank Blu ray disc? I have read this article https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-burn-cds-dvds-blu-ray-discs-windows/ and many others and am...
  7. blu-ray drive inop.

blu-ray drive inop.: My blu-ray/cd/dvd drive no longer works since update from windows vista to windows 10 (on sony vaio vgc-lv1s desktop pc). The drive is Matshita BD-MLT UJ-225S USB DEVICE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-drive-inop/bc21d943-0c1e-4347-b5aa-21d047ade0e7
  8. Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software: Does anyone know if ther3e is any Microsoft software that will run a Blu-ray disk? My computer will run regular DVD's but not the Blu-ray disks. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...
  9. DVD blu ray drive

DVD blu ray drive: 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW This is disgustingly slow when picking up CD,s dvds, and then asking me what I want to do with it. When I click on setup.exe for example, it takes about 30-40 seconds to 'wind up' and run. It must be the drivers. Its not win 10,...
  10. blu ray problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    blu ray problem: Every time the latest build is installed my blu-ray (films) player stops working, I get an on screen message in cyber link saying my Graphics card is incompatible. After restoring build 16199 all is o/k again. Tried latest Drivers from AMD.I have tried BD addvisor everything...