Windows 10: Cannot write to Registry

Discus and support Cannot write to Registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a program that needs to make entries in HKCU Software VB and VBA Program Settings. It is unable to. I am the Administrator. How can I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 9gwcycn, Jan 29, 2020.

1. 9gwcycn Win User

Cannot write to Registry

I have a program that needs to make entries in HKCU Software VB and VBA Program Settings.

It is unable to.

I am the Administrator.

How can I get access to the Registry?

Thanks,

Murray

:)

9gwcycn, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Rusty04 Win User

Cannot write to Registry

Installer unable to write to registry

I'm trying to install an older version of MYOB accounting software, which I was previously able to install on Win7 Pro by running the installer in Windows XP (SP3) compatibility mode, using an account with administrator privileges.

I'm running Win10 Pro 64b with UAC turned off, using an account with administrator rights, running the installer in XP SP3 mode with administrator rights & I get the following error.

Cannot write to Registry [​IMG]

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Rusty04, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Cannot write to Registry

1. Cannot write to Registry - Similar Threads - Cannot write Registry

2. Cannot create value or key, Error writing to the registry

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot create value or key, Error writing to the registry: [IMG]When some Windows users tried creating value or key in Registry Editor, they failed due to lack of permission or misconfiguration. This issue is mainly caused when the user doesn’t have permission to access or perform actions on the folder under which they are trying to...
  3. Cannot write to specified directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write to specified directory: Using Photoshop Elements I have always uploaded pictures to c:users-name-pictures. However, the last time I set this location in the photo downloader I got the message "cannot write to specified directory"Whilst I have full ownership of this folder I notice the attributes...
  4. How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?: So changing registry strings is a pretty common tool around here and something ive done pretty comfortably for a long time. Messing with registry permissions goes above my head and is quite a bit more risky. AFAIK with my limited knowledge ACL's and the like is quite a bit...
  5. Cannot access registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access registry: I am not able to run cmd as administrator, a pop up titled 'Network Error' shows up with the following statement : 'Windows cannot access C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe' 'Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify...
  6. "registry" process permanently writes to disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "registry" process permanently writes to disk: I noticed for some time, that I have a process called "Registry" in Task Manager which randomly uses 0.1-1% CPU usage. I dont have this process running on my Desktop or tablet, just my laptop. I opened MS Process Monitor, filtered the name and disk usage and this showed up:...
  7. Cannot write in notepad..

Cannot write in notepad..: I cannot write anything in the Notepad.. how to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-write-in-notepad/f65ce1ef-50c1-4e8a-9e78-b884398040bb
  8. Installer unable to write to registry

Installer unable to write to registry: I'm trying to install an older version of MYOB accounting software, which I was previously able to install on Win7 Pro by running the installer in Windows XP (SP3) compatibility mode, using an account with administrator privileges. I'm running Win10 Pro 64b with UAC...
  9. Cant Edit or Write to Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant Edit or Write to Registry: I have been working with windows 10 X64 PRO for a little bit now. I can still not figure out why my scripts (.vbs) or .exe that I push to or use on my domain machines will not edit or create keys in the registry. The only way i can do it is to full kill UAC then reboot then...
  10. Cannot edit registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot edit registry: Hello. I can't edit anything in the registry. I searched on a solution and all I could find was people saying to change the permissions, which I have done, but it still won't let me edit anything, the same error message pops up as before. Can anyone help please? 103715