Windows 10: Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional

Discus and support Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am stumped as to why I have not problem creating a .bat file to copy files from my harddrive to my personal OneDrive, but I cannot do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jciszek, Dec 28, 2019.

1. jciszek Win User

Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional

Hi everyone,

I am stumped as to why I have not problem creating a .bat file to copy files from my harddrive to my personal OneDrive, but I cannot do the same to my OneDrive Professional. The following works for putting the file in a test folder in OneDrive Personal...

xcopy "C:\test.docx" C:\Users\User\OneDrive\test

But the following does not work...

xcopy "C:\test.docx" C:\Users\User\OneDrive - [***hidden***]\test

I thought it might be due to difference in security on the folder, but they look identical.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

:)

jciszek, Dec 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 28, 2019
  3. jmt20 Win User
    XCopy not working on Win10

Hi,

There is a thread on this topic but it doesn't show a resolution.

Has something changed where xcopy doesn't work on Win10?

I am looking to copy files and I can't get even the simpliest .bat file to work. Copying 1 file to another folder on the C directory.

@EchoOff xcopy C:\files\test.bat C:\files-to\

Any suggestions are appreciated!

thanks,

joan

jmt20, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional

Batch and Xcopy

Try moving /E and /Y to after the paths...

@xcopy "C:\Users\PVTCaboose1337\Documents\School" "M:/School" /E /Y

It must always be:

xcopy source destination [options]

FordGT90Concept, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional

1. Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional - Similar Threads - Cannot xcopy OneDrive

2. Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional: The following works for putting the file in a test folder in OneDrive Personal...xcopy "C:\test.docx" C:\Users\User\OneDrive\testBut the following does not work...xcopy "C:\test.docx" C:\Users\User\OneDrive - [***hidden***]\testI thought it might be due to difference in...
  3. Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional: The following works for putting the file in a test folder in OneDrive Personal...xcopy "C:\test.docx" C:\Users\User\OneDrive\testBut the following does not work...xcopy "C:\test.docx" C:\Users\User\OneDrive - [***hidden***]\testI thought it might be due to difference in...
  4. Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. xcopy not working

xcopy not working: What am I doing wrong here?I want to copy c:\users\public all data into c:\users\xyz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working/961e4487-9041-4ea5-8ff8-fe9720b54449
  6. xcopy not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xcopy not working: What am I doing wrong here?I want to copy c:\users\public all data into c:\users\xyz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working/961e4487-9041-4ea5-8ff8-fe9720b54449
  7. xcopy not working

8. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive: My topic is the xcopy command. Like every year at the end of the year, I want to copy my empty folder structure for next year. The command for 2020 to 2021 that I successfully used was as follows: "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2020" "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2021" /T...
  9. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive: My topic is the xcopy command. Like every year at the end of the year, I want to copy my empty folder structure for next year. The command for 2020 to 2021 that I successfully used was as follows: "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2020" "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2021" /T...
  10. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive