Windows 10: Cannot zip a file

Discus and support Cannot zip a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some dumb reason I can't zip up my file of a project. I clicked the option to send that file into a compressed zipped file but it wouldn't carry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustAGhost, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Cannot zip a file

For some dumb reason I can't zip up my file of a project.

I clicked the option to send that file into a compressed zipped file but it wouldn't carry that option out, as if I never clicked the option.

What the fluff is going on???

:)

JustAGhost, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Mar 12, 2020
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Cannot zip a file

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Cannot zip a file

1. Cannot zip a file - Similar Threads - Cannot zip file

2. Cannot Zip file in window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Zip file in window 11: How can i do if I do not want to rename my file or folder's name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-zip-file-in-window-11/bcc47303-ed90-4c3e-8fe8-ae6123d7ceb3
  3. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file cannot be zipped: why does a warning message appear when I try to zip a file "file cannot be compressed as it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as T but the T icon is a small thing that sits lower down on the line of text. please help me try to resolve this...
  4. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file cannot be zipped: why does a warning message appear when I try to zip a file "file cannot be compressed as it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as T but the T icon is a small thing that sits lower down on the line of text. please help me try to resolve this...
  5. file cannot be zipped

6. I cannot create a Zip file.

I cannot create a Zip file.: I am trying to create a zip file for a mimdump folder. When I right click on it says "File not found or no read permission". Please advise, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-create-a-zip-file/74f508de-0319-4827-823c-aa690c5fb73a
  7. Cannot password protect zip file

Cannot password protect zip file: I would like to password protect a zip file, yet the option to encrypt is not working. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-password-protect-zip-file/0a4dd5a8-8a71-4600-98f4-d815024fb702
  8. Cannot open zip files

Cannot open zip files: So I've read some other posts, and tried some of the solutions and it still hasn't brought me closer to opening a zip file. I have Windows 10 Home. Not sure what else would be pertinent to include, but let me know if there is something. I have made sure my Windows is...
  9. Cannot open 7-zip file

Cannot open 7-zip file: I have purchased a “design bundle” for a crafting machine i have, when i download the file (which contains a bunch of images in various formats ie svg pdf ) it downloads as a 7-zip and when i try to open it, i get the error : can not open file (then it lists my directory/path...
  10. Cannot download zip files

Cannot download zip files: Cannot download .zip files, click on them brings up a blank page. 50775