Windows 10: Canon 5600 Series printer and Acer Laptop lost wireless facility (again)!

Discus and support Canon 5600 Series printer and Acer Laptop lost wireless facility (again)! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Wireless Printing between Canon 5650 Series printer and Acer Laptop. Had problems from outset on this. Canon checked all out and was not from their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jean Camis, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Canon 5600 Series printer and Acer Laptop lost wireless facility (again)!

Wireless Printing between Canon 5650 Series printer and Acer Laptop. Had problems from outset on this. Canon checked all out and was not from their equipment. Went to Microsoft help who had to take over control of my laptop including the mouse in attempt to rectify. Many attempts made, all fruitless. Finally they had complete control of my laptop (putting it out of use for me) for almost 5 days Eventually problem was solved by a Technician who told me he was a Level 3 and so far I had only dealt with levels 1 and 2. Showed me it was corrected by printing out a test page. I insisted on shutting down completely and starting up again, choosing one of my files to print, and this did so wirelessly !!! Cured the problem.

Moved from Wales March 2018, dreaded same happening again but all was OK. About 6 weeks ago wireless facility stopped. Back to Canon first who could find no fault, on to Microsoft having again to hand over total control to them. They said my Cannon Printer had been 'corrupted' then showed me 1,732 attempts from potential hackers. Told me I had no Firewall in place but I told him I have Norton Protection which I believed was a Firewall as well. He put a firewall on, But he was unable to rectify the wireless fault. I had to read and sign some documents sent electronically and $750 was debited to my account for 3 years firewall protection and the work undertaken to rectify the wireless situation. Told me after 3 years subscription would be only £25 per annum for firewall. All this took a total of 10 hrs + and I was totally exhausted. They also billed me £187+ for all the work undertaken, which I wrote and complained about and got most of it back. Now it has all happened again giving me no communication between laptop and printer. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM REPEATED SEVERAL TIMES AND HAS ANYONE HEARD OF US CONNECT SOLUTION AND/OR IT LIVE SUPPORT. Maybe someone out there has suffered the same as me, paying out all this money and still having the original problem of wireless printing unable to work. Would be so grateful for any advice/help on this. Thanks

:)

Jean Camis, Sep 5, 2018
  2. YanaSvara Win User

windows 10 not communicating with canon mp470 series printer

THANK YOU!!!

I, too, had lost the ability to scan with my mp470 series Canon after installing Windows 10...

I went straight to Canon MP470 series Printer Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, as you suggested. I downloaded the last one, installed it, and now... first scan is complete... less than 5 minutes!

Thanks again and... Happy New Year to everyone here Canon 5600 Series printer and Acer Laptop lost wireless facility (again)! :)

YanaSvara, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Canon - Printers - Canon MG5500 series Printer - Error 0x80240017

GaryRouth's suggestion didn't work for me. But I took his lead and used a slightly different process that eventually worked.

I uninstalled the Canon software in "Programs and Features",

rebooted my machine,

then went to Canon's site and downloaded the full package from Canon for my printer,

extracted the package,

went to the extracted files and opened the DrvSetup folder,

ran the DELDRV64.exe utility to cleanup the old software,

then ran the Setup64.exe to install the Canon software.

Since I've followed these steps, the printer works and the Windows Update for the printer isn't showing up.

Norm Hodne [MSFT], Sep 5, 2018
  4. Canon 5600 Series printer and Acer Laptop lost wireless facility (again)!

Canon - Printers - Canon MG5500 series Printer - Error 0x80240017

I'm getting Canon - Printers - Canon MB2300 series Printer - Error 0x80240017, same problem. I am still able to use my printer; just a frustrating message. Can't upgrade the firmware on my new printer either. Mutter Canon, mutter Microsoft.

JohnHowellsRE, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Canon 5600 Series printer and Acer Laptop lost wireless facility (again)!

1. Canon 5600 Series printer and Acer Laptop lost wireless facility (again)! - Similar Threads - Canon 5600 Series

2. Canon MG5500 series Printer Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon MG5500 series Printer Install: I recently changed internet companies and now can not get my wireless printer installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mg5500-series-printer-install/19e44730-79f9-4468-9257-61e59ab57f65
  3. Canon MG5500 series Printer Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon MG5500 series Printer Install: I recently changed internet companies and now can not get my wireless printer installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mg5500-series-printer-install/19e44730-79f9-4468-9257-61e59ab57f65
  4. Canon MG5500 series Printer Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps

new router and canon wireless printer is offline: new router from fios, everything works perfectly, except wireless printer cannot be made to print and remains offline ran all troubleshooters, have rebooted wireless laptop and power-cycled the canon more thanonce...
  6. Cannot wirelessly connect to my Canon printer

Cannot wirelessly connect to my Canon printer: Cannot connect to my Canon MF4880 printer wirelessly on my PC with Windows 10 but have no problem with iPad. I've tried multiple times over maybe a year or more to no success. If I want to print from my PC, I have to connect by USB then set up printer in wired connection....
  7. HP Envy 5600 printer

HP Envy 5600 printer: My printer wasn't printing Magenta per the report so I put in a new cartridge. It printed a few pages fine with the new cartridge and then it stopped printing Cyan. what is the problem?...
  8. Lost facility on Documents screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost facility on Documents screen: Sorry about the vague title but it was the best I could do. Until the 1809 update yesterday, on the Documents screen I could click on a file or folder, drag it across to the vertical column on the left (I can't find out what it is called) and as soon as the dragged icon...
  9. Re my Canon MG5500 series printer

Re my Canon MG5500 series printer: Hi there, my printer will no longer print anything from my PC & smartphone. To reconnect my smartphone it is asking for a IP or hostname address, how do I find this?...
  10. Facing canon printer offline error again and again.

Facing canon printer offline error again and again.: I am facing printer offline problem with my canon wireless printer and i need a permanent solution to it . Suggest me something .Thanks in advance. 118888