Windows 10: Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

Discus and support Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to be able to identify RAW files by their thumbnails in Explorer (photo app, or whatever it's called in Windows 10). That has not worked in any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LeaR1, Oct 6, 2018.

1. LeaR1 Win User

Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

I want to be able to identify RAW files by their thumbnails in Explorer (photo app, or whatever it's called in Windows 10). That has not worked in any version of Windows since I purchased the camera 3 years ago. I have a Canon 77D.

I have Bridge, Lightroom, and Photoshop. I know they will display them, but for my purposes the Windows folder explorer is easier to use.

Based on my research it seems that changing the camera model in the file data (EXIF ?) to something other than 77D fixes the issue. I'm not that tech savy.

That said, it does seem that Windows is just verifying the camera model is supported against some internal list it has in the bowels of it's programming.

Who do we have to pay to get the Canon 77D added to that list? I'm very frustrated. I just upgraded to Windows 10, and to see this is still an issue is quite disconcerting.

I do not want work arounds. I would like to know when Microsoft plans on addressing the issue.

:)

LeaR1, Oct 6, 2018

2. problems with Canon RAW Codec

Dear sir,

i have camera eso 77d when i take photos by this camera as Raw, CR2, i can not view or open all
    them in my window or i con not using ex: on Photoshop or lightroom . Although i try to
    update the Raw Codec Pack but windows not allow with that

again :in short

may camera is canon 77d

the problems with photos Raw, CR2( couldn't open or us on windows )

my system is windows 10 Enterprise

Best Regards.

khalilwalo, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Magavara Win User
    How to view canon raw files 80D on Windows 10?

The best solution for me was to use Irfanview. Irfanview not only reads pretty much any type of raw file on the planet, but it also has an excellent thumbnail viewer that displays all your raw files beautifully. (In my case I need to read ARW and RW2 files).
    You can even resize the thumbnails to whatever size you want. When it comes to pre-viewing photos of any file type, Irfanview is way ahead of MS File explorer. Perhaps Microsoft should attend a seminar at Irfanview to learn how to do it. Here is the link:
    http://www.irfanview.com/

Magavara, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

Raw thumbnails windows 10

Because I use Raw format for photography I have numerous .CR2 (Canon) files.

however my windows 10 installation does not show the thumbnails in explorer.

The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack is one of the solutions to use for thumbnails, when will this be available for windows 10? the most recent version is for windows 8.1 but can't be installed on windows 10.

please advise.

thanks,

Peter

Update: I found out I had an old version of fastpictureviewer codec, I removed this installation.

The thumbnails still are not shown but I installed a new version of the fastpictureviewer (licensed) and they're back.

PeterElzinga, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

1. Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Canon 77D Raw

2. Thumbnail display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail display: I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-display/4f00e77a-4a00-4fd6-8657-86a8f723b325"
  3. Canon EOS M50 RAW files preview

Canon EOS M50 RAW files preview: 1. Is there any way to set up preview for CR3 raw files in File Explorer? I'm running Windows 10. 2. Is Microsoft going to add native support for this file format?...
  4. Raw files for Canon rebel T7i wont open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Raw files for Canon rebel T7i wont open in Windows 10: I have been working in RAW format for years. I recently updated to the Canon Rebel T7i and now I am no longer able to view these pictures in windows 10. I'm also getting a format notice saying I will need to for mat disk H before I will be able to use it. What can I do to fix...
  5. Thumbnails Displaying

Thumbnails Displaying: I have a large(ish) folder of pictures. For some of the pictures the thumbnail is a preview of the picture. For others it is the generic picture icon. All of the pictures are in the same format, and taken from the same device. Size does not appear to be a factor. Tried...
  6. 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file

77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file: 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file. Just bought the camera but have been shootig with a canon for 3 years and no problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/77d-can-not-see-thumbnail-in-cr2-file/1044b918-081d-4a23-a6f4-d712023de5eb"
  7. camera codec for Canon 77D

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera codec for Canon 77D: I have purchased a Canon 77D strangely the RAW .CR2 files will not show on windows photo viewer. My Other camera which is another Canon (1200D) also takes pictures in RAW .CR2 format and these all show up fine !!! is anybody else having this prob and is it just a simple...
  8. Canon t7i Raw files in windows explorer

Canon t7i Raw files in windows explorer: So I just upgraded to a T7i from my t5i. With the T5i I had to download a microsoft codec pack to see the thumbnails of the RAW files in windows explorer. I have yet to find a codec that will work for my T7i in windows explorer. I can view the images in LightRoom, and in...
  9. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

Canon CR3 RAW FIles: How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-raw-files/e35f411e-8b08-4174-86d6-e90c94e2c1bc"
  10. Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files: Hi: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 about 6 weeks ago. Hopefully this is the right forum for the problem. Latest issue is that when I connect my (older) Canon camera via USB to the computer, Windows 10 can see the drive/CR2 files on it OK, but cannot display them (just lists them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 file show raw thumbnails

2. eos 77d cr2 file thumbnail veiwer

3. view cr2 thumbnails windows 7

4. canon 77d raw files on windows,
  5. canon eos 77d open a raw file,
  6. Viewing photos from Canon EOS 77D on Windows file explorer,
  7. canon camera will not show thumbnails when connecting to thin client,
  8. unload images from canon eos 77d to windows 10,
  9. windows thumbnails not displaying raw,
  10. canon 77d raw,
  11. raw file codec for 77d,