Windows 10: Canon BJC-80 printer/Windows 10 connectivity problem

Discus and support Canon BJC-80 printer/Windows 10 connectivity problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone help me with this problem. On 21 July 2020 I was able to use my Canon BJC-80 printer to print off documents from my Windows 10 laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LesW, Aug 2, 2020.

1. LesW Win User

Canon BJC-80 printer/Windows 10 connectivity problem

Can anyone help me with this problem.

On 21 July 2020 I was able to use my Canon BJC-80 printer to print off documents from my Windows 10 laptop 64bit. I have been using the printer for 20 years through various versions of Windows e.g. XP, Vista, 7 and now 10.

The following day I was not able to do any printing, and have not been able to do so ever since.

I have uninstalled and installed the printer on numerous occasions since then via Device Manager and in Systems Settings---Printers & Scanners - all to no avail.

I tried updating the driver, but apparently the current driver is supposed to be the correct one.

I went on to Canon's UK Support page website and it says my device is 'no longer supported under the current selected operating system' which begs the question why was it working on this system up until recently.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Thanks in advance.

Les W

:)

LesW, Aug 2, 2020
  2. joyh1 Win User

Printer connection problem update

I am back in trouble with my BJC 80 printer - but the situation has reversed. This time, the SigmaTel IRDA/USB bridge is now working on Windows 10. The IRDA icon displays the message "BJC 80 is in range" with a desktop icon saying "send files to another
    computer". The current problem is that the "add a printer" list for Canon printers now does not include (as before) BJC 80. So I am unable to install it. Is there another Canon printer that may have the same driver? Or on the general list there is a reference
    to a "Generic - Text only" printer. Could this work? I know I can get a new printer but I am loathe to do this when it has been working perfectly .- until Windows 10. Can anyone help?

joyh1, Aug 2, 2020
  3. joyh1 Win User
    Printer connectivity issues on Windows 10.

I am back in trouble with my BJC 80 printer - but the situation has reversed. This time, the SigmaTel IRDA/USB bridge is now working on Windows 10. The IRDA icon displays the message "BJC 80 is in range" with a desktop icon saying "send files to another
    computer". The current problem is that the "add a printer" list for Canon printers now does not include (as before) BJC 80. So I am unable to install it. Is there another Canon printer that may have the same driver? Or on the general list there is a reference
    to a "Generic - Text only" printer. Could this work? I know I can get a new printer but I am loathe to do this when it has been working perfectly .- until Windows 10. Can anyone help?

joyh1, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Canon BJC-80 printer/Windows 10 connectivity problem

Canon BJC 50 Driver

Hi

Is there any drivers available for the canon BJC 50 for windows 8.

I purchased the printer as a portable printer and also a Polar Infrared usb but cant find any drivers online

The laptop (HP probook) is picking up that the canon bjc 50 is in range but wont allow me to print

Thanks

Michael Messi 9, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Canon BJC-80 printer/Windows 10 connectivity problem

1. Canon BJC-80 printer/Windows 10 connectivity problem - Similar Threads - Canon BJC printer

2. my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.: it wont connect let alone be visible on laptop nor cell phone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-ts3522-printer-will-not-connect/267b719f-b771-49ce-94e1-5c86eeb2b8b8
  3. Connect canon printer in s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect canon printer in s mode: I have recently bought a lenovo idea pad 1 laptop which is by default using s mode. I don't seem to be able to connect this to my canon pixma mg4250 printer. Is this not possible in S mode?...
  4. Connect canon printer in s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect canon printer in s mode: I have recently bought a lenovo idea pad 1 laptop which is by default using s mode. I don't seem to be able to connect this to my canon pixma mg4250 printer. Is this not possible in S mode?...
  5. S mode, Canon printer connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    S mode, Canon printer connect: Have HP STREAM laptop, using Windows 10 "S" mode - purchased new, 2020 Have Canon Pixma G 3202 printer wireless - purchased new, 2020 Last week, and for months previously, I was able to print from my laptop. Now, I can not. I know, I know. All the previous community...
  6. Canon printer problems.

Canon printer problems.: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I cannot print on my MF4370dn Canon printer. Can anyone help??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer-problems/b2ec7ade-7179-407e-b0f7-b5fb05dd0e04
  7. Connecting the Mx5600 Canon Printer to windows 10

Connecting the Mx5600 Canon Printer to windows 10: I keep getting the error message New Port could not be created : 0000 i have read some of the answers already online however they all seem to refer to the use of the CDRom bf i do not have this faciity on my Lenovo Laptop. Any help gratefully received p.s please can...
  8. canon bjc2110 printer wont connect

canon bjc2110 printer wont connect: help fix my rinter and laptopp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-bjc2110-printer-wont-connect/7079be5e-9dd7-49f1-a309-2f24308662e1
  9. Problem with Canon printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Canon printer: I have a problem - my printer Canon Pixma MG 3620 is not printing. I don’t know when this problem appeared, I just tried to print with no effect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-canon-printer/4e6d3a54-dda7-4dfc-8dbf-83827f47dc3d
  10. Printer Problem - Canon MX396

Printer Problem - Canon MX396: Hi Guys, I am currently having a issue getting my canon printer to work. I recently bought a new computer which has come with windows 10 and followed the instructions installing the printer via the windows 10 drivers (taken from the canon website) and the driver...