Windows 10: Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection

Discus and support Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Canon G9X mark2 camera. This camera will only transfer wirelessly. Following recent windows updates to Windows 10 I cannot transfer photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnLloyd8, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection

I have a Canon G9X mark2 camera. This camera will only transfer wirelessly.

Following recent windows updates to Windows 10 I cannot transfer photos from camera to PC using the Camera Window software provided by Canon.

If I reset the camera, the PC will try to upload photos using some inbuilt windows utility which works only spasmodically and only one photo before it fails.

Canon do not seem able to help.

Anyone else with this problem?

:)

JohnLloyd8, Feb 15, 2020
  2. ALANGR Win User

wireless connection from camera; network detected cannot join

I have a new Canon camera that has the possibility of a wireless connection to download photographs. I have followed the (Canon) instructions and the camera detects my home network. When joining this network, I see the two PCs on the network. I choose one to join and then it says it is connecting (with a twiddling thumbs logo) but then says it cannot connect.

I find this frustrating as the network is clearly accessed for me to be able to see my two computers. I have, by the way, installed the (Canon) software to 'prepare the computer' for the connection.

I would appreciate any ides as to what I am missing, having tried both Device Manager and the Network and Sharing Centre to solve this problem!

ALANGR, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Rene_3003 Win User
    Connect Canon 350D camera to Windows 10

the EOS 350 D is an older camera and is no longer on the Canon list. I did select Compatability mode on the camera, but it still does not work. Friends told us that we can download the pitcures from the camera to the W 10 computer by using a memory scanner
    which fits to the Canon memory card and has a USB connection to the computer

Rene_3003, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection

MY camera not able to connect after Windows 10 updates

I have a Canon PowerShot G9X which connects wirelessly to my desktop computer for downloading photos, etc. It works flawlessly until the once a month Windows 10 update. Then the camera searches for the computer and eventually quits.

After much troubleshooting (gnashing of teeth too) I found the only fix was to remove the computer as device from my camera as well as the camera from my desktop and go through the whole process to get them connected again.

What a nuisance and irritation! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

StefanCoetzer, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection

1. Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection - Similar Threads - Canon Camera G9X

2. Virgin Media Hub 5 won't connect to Canon wireless printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virgin Media Hub 5 won't connect to Canon wireless printer.: Recently upgraded my Virgin Media account and received a Hub 5 router. No problems connecting laptop, tablet or mobile to network, but my Canon M495 printer won't connect. what am I doing wrong and is there any cure for this?...
  3. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  4. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  5. Cannot wirelessly connect to my Canon printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot wirelessly connect to my Canon printer: Cannot connect to my Canon MF4880 printer wirelessly on my PC with Windows 10 but have no problem with iPad. I've tried multiple times over maybe a year or more to no success. If I want to print from my PC, I have to connect by USB then set up printer in wired connection....
  6. Connect a Wireless camera to a Win 10 pC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect a Wireless camera to a Win 10 pC: I bought a wireless inspection camera claiming it works with apple, android and Windows. Instructions list apps for phones WIFILook, but no instructions for Windows. I can connect my Surface Laptop to the camera and have all the MAC and IP addresses. How do I display the...
  7. Connecting my Canon Rebel camera to a UBS port?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Connecting my Canon Rebel camera to a UBS port?: How can I connect my Canon Rebel to a USB port to copy my photos? I have installed Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-canon-rebel-camera-to-a-ubs-port/530d188b-2cae-45a9-a79e-d9a34157e270
  8. camera codec for Canon 77D

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera codec for Canon 77D: I have purchased a Canon 77D strangely the RAW .CR2 files will not show on windows photo viewer. My Other camera which is another Canon (1200D) also takes pictures in RAW .CR2 format and these all show up fine !!! is anybody else having this prob and is it just a simple...
  9. Connecting an old Canon camera to my Win10 laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Connecting an old Canon camera to my Win10 laptop: Hello, This camera is the only one that still takes the old-style memory cards where I have pictures that I need to recover. I use a USB cable to connect the camera but there is no reaction from my laptop. Please help, regards, M....
  10. Wireless Printing with Canon 5750

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless Printing with Canon 5750: When i try to print a mail, it does not work. The printer does work : testpage is perfect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/wireless-printing-with-canon-5750/1a5bd5b8-8a56-4deb-9003-9acb881991ed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to download wirelessly from a canon g9x to windows 10 laptop