Windows 10: Canon CP-100 Printer installation

Discus and support Canon CP-100 Printer installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my main photo printer has broken and I am trying to install a Canon CP-100 printer from about 2005 as a stop gap measure. I have found a printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aubrey1947, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Canon CP-100 Printer installation

Hi, my main photo printer has broken and I am trying to install a Canon CP-100 printer from about 2005 as a stop gap measure. I have found a printer driver on line for Windows 98 CP-100 is no longer supported by Canon. I can remember last using this printer with a laptop which I think was running Windows 8. I tried using compatability trouble shooter and driver started to install. I got as far as a screen where the installation was trying to find the port the printer was connected to it is a USB connection and then installation stopped. I have run a driver updater and it finds the printer driver and tells me it is the latest driver. Connecting/disconnecting printer produces the usual chime from the PC. It would appear that the problem is that the PC cannot locate the port the printer is using.

Anyone got any ideas how to get this printer working?

:)

aubrey1947, Mar 1, 2021

2. Canon - Printers - Canon MG5500 series Printer - Error 0x80240017

GaryRouth's suggestion didn't work for me. But I took his lead and used a slightly different process that eventually worked.

I uninstalled the Canon software in "Programs and Features",

rebooted my machine,

then went to Canon's site and downloaded the full package from Canon for my printer,

extracted the package,

went to the extracted files and opened the DrvSetup folder,

ran the DELDRV64.exe utility to cleanup the old software,

then ran the Setup64.exe to install the Canon software.

Since I've followed these steps, the printer works and the Windows Update for the printer isn't showing up.

Norm Hodne [MSFT], Mar 1, 2021
  3. woldsl Win User
    B200 in canon printers

What is B200 in canon printers? My printer is displaying this message since I cleaned it yesterday.

woldsl, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Canon CP-100 Printer installation

Canon printer wifi trouble

Hey,

I installed my canon pixma mg3210 with the newest driver and I choose wifi connection.

Eveyrthing works fine until I turn off the printer then my laptop doesn't detect the printer anymore.
    Basically, the printer is offline.

DarkWhisper, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Canon CP-100 Printer installation

1. Canon CP-100 Printer installation - Similar Threads - Canon 100 Printer

2. Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer: There is an update in the Windows Update queue Canon Printer 3.50.2.60 that repeatedly fails to install error 0x800f020b. I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and...
  3. Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer: There is an update in the Windows Update queue Canon Printer 3.50.2.60 that repeatedly fails to install error 0x800f020b. I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and...
  4. Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon Printer: How do I set up a Canon MG2550S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer/4eac22e8-ef8c-4ab0-91d0-290d315e19de
  5. Driver for Canon MG6650 Printer not installing

Driver for Canon MG6650 Printer not installing: I have used this printer for several years for scanning as well as printing. No problems until I had to re-install Windows 10. The printer is working perfectly and now I now want to re-install the IJ scanner driver.This is: win-mg6600-1_0-mcd downloaded from the Canon site....
  6. canon printer

canon printer: Windows version 1809 was installed Friday, 2/22. Now my canon mx922 printer says it cannot print an PDF file. Has anyone had a similar problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer/688da5a7-059b-401b-8369-19cdc5844264
  7. Canon Printer Installation

Canon Printer Installation: Good Morning All I have a Canon TS8051 Printer. Every thing was working up until 2/3 months ago. Since then I have been unable to reinstall the software and drivers (I cannot recall why I had to reinstall the printer?). Every time I try to install I get the message...
  8. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: Where do I find help with the printer spooler? My printer says needs attention. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/canon-printer/3c8a16cf-7a53-44fb-94cf-d93123f76715
  9. Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer: Can't get my printer online. Have to use usb to function correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/canon-printer/002b1a70-abb1-49c0-8dd9-513fa201c0b1
  10. How to install Canon Selphy CP 400 photo printer on Windows 10 OS

How to install Canon Selphy CP 400 photo printer on Windows 10 OS: Has anyone had the same problem of installing the CP 400 with Windows 10. have discussed with Microsoft but can't get anything to work. Canon do not provide a driver download for this version of Windows only much earlier versions. Are there any safe downloads out there?...