Windows 10: Canon cr2+cr3 files

Discus and support Canon cr2+cr3 files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can`t view my photos in window 10 as I only shoot raw files in camera to save space and convert to jpeg for posting on the web.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterBrown60, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Canon cr2+cr3 files

I can`t view my photos in window 10 as I only shoot raw files in camera to save space and convert to jpeg for posting on the web.

:)

PeterBrown60, Apr 5, 2020

2. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

Thankyou for your help however it did not work.

I had already found this site and dismissed it as it was only for CRW and CR2 files. I need Windows 10 to open CR3 files.

Mark

MarkO'Reilly4, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer?

MarkO'Reilly4, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Vivian_S Win User

Canon cr2+cr3 files

New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer

Hi Beth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to preview thumbnails of CR3 files.

The CR2 and CR3 requires additional Raw Image Extensions in order to display the thumbnails in File Explorer as well as in Photos App.

Although, there are extensions available for CR2 and other formats (Raw
    Image Extension
    ) in Microsoft Store, at the moment this does not support CR3 format.

However, you can contact
    Canon Support
    and check if there are any updated codecs for the format.

Meanwhile, you may also make use of the
    Feedback Hub
    , where you can provide feedback to Microsoft about Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Canon cr2+cr3 files

1. Canon cr2+cr3 files - Similar Threads - Canon cr2+cr3 files

2. Canon .CR3 files not show thumbnails in Windows 10 / Windows 11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon .CR3 files not show thumbnails in Windows 10 / Windows 11 file explorer: I bought myself a Canon R5 camera. But .CR3 files don't show thumbnails in Windows 10/11 file explorer. Raw Image Extension does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-files-not-show-thumbnails-in-windows-10/08210827-c15c-436b-87cc-a55bebfc995b
  3. CR2 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CR2 files: My HP computer wont accept my CR2 files from my canon 5 camera now yet it worked a week ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/642fec26-8db2-4fb0-829f-3f9d782b1830
  4. Canon CR3 Codec for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Canon CR3 Codec for Windows 10: Are there already codecs out there for thumbnails in Windows 10 for Canon CR3 files? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-codec-for-windows-10/5ae34693-c85a-4d49-af3c-bb529b9d5187"
  5. New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer

New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer: New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer. I have the updated firmware for my Canon camera, but after downloading to my computer and opening file explorer it shows Icons only and not a thumbnail of the picture. I have made sure that the...
  6. Canon CR2 files in windows explorer

Canon CR2 files in windows explorer: My older canon 500d raw files I could preview in windows explorer - this now does not work with my newer canon 77d camera - can a new codec pack please be released for the newer raw formats....
  7. cr2 files

cr2 files: Please help very frustrated. Can NOT view thumbnails shot in raw from a 77d camera. Been using a canon and CR2 files for 3 years and have not ever had a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/bc201e05-f1f1-4c80-9ade-9421c32fc382
  8. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

Canon CR3 RAW FIles: How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-raw-files/e35f411e-8b08-4174-86d6-e90c94e2c1bc"
  9. Canon CR2 files are not viewable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Canon CR2 files are not viewable.: I cannot view photos taken with a Canon 6D Mark 2. It has been out for a while. Downloaded codecs - no luck. Canon web site has no help also. (this also was a problem with Canon 70D last year.)...
  10. Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files: Hi: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 about 6 weeks ago. Hopefully this is the right forum for the problem. Latest issue is that when I connect my (older) Canon camera via USB to the computer, Windows 10 can see the drive/CR2 files on it OK, but cannot display them (just lists them...