Windows 10: Canon CR2 files in windows explorer

Discus and support Canon CR2 files in windows explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My older canon 500d raw files I could preview in windows explorer - this now does not work with my newer canon 77d camera - can a new codec pack please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Timcsalmon, May 2, 2019.

1. Canon CR2 files in windows explorer

My older canon 500d raw files I could preview in windows explorer - this now does not work with my newer canon 77d camera - can a new codec pack please be released for the newer raw formats.

:)

Timcsalmon, May 2, 2019

2. Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

Thanks for the replies. I just had a quick chat with Canon. They're stumped too. Makes no sense why Windows 10 can handle all the existing CR2 files from this camera with no problem at all, but can't display any new ones that I try to download to my computer. I shot a test pic in JPG a few minutes ago, and that one is fine in Windows. Somewhere along the line Windows is eating the CR2, because the other photo editing software (including Canon's DPP) can't work with the new ones either.
    Here's the display in File Explorer - existing CR2 files and new ones:

Canon CR2 files in windows explorer [​IMG]

The Windows photo editor says it can't open the file.
    Maybe I have to shoot JPG with this camera from now on, which is a pain because RAW allows you to salvage pics that might otherwise be unusable.
    Thanks.

Anachronista, May 2, 2019
  3. Canon CR2 files are not viewable.

Yes no problem with reading the card and seeing the photo file icons in file explorer. Simply cannot view the photos. Had the same problem with a Canon 77D last year and exchanged the camera for a different model. The files can be opened with Photoshop
    but to see them for review and deletion of the blurry ones before opening them in Photoshop cannot be done. It's the model of camera, this Canon 6D and some kind of 'new' version of CR2. My other Canon's CR2 files have no problem. They are not corrupted, it's
    just a camera that has been out since last year and Microsoft/Canon haven't gotten together on it.

icouldbewrong, May 2, 2019
  4. KYM
    Kym Win User

Canon CR2 files in windows explorer

Still can't view CR2. files from Canon 5D mark IV

I experience the same issue. Still can't see .CR2 Thumbnails from my Canon EOS 5D MkIV in windows 10 file explorer. I installed the Adobe DNG/RAW converter, but did not resolve the .CR2 thumbnail issue unless a convert files to DNG (which requires twice
    a much space and adds steps in the workflow).

It is getting very irritating!

Thema:

Canon CR2 files in windows explorer

1. Canon CR2 files in windows explorer - Similar Threads - Canon CR2 files

2. Fragmented JPEGs and corrupted folder containing .cr2 Canon RAW images files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fragmented JPEGs and corrupted folder containing .cr2 Canon RAW images files: Hello. I'm seeking help in two distinct topics. I would greatly appreciate any advice. 1. For the past years I have stored all my phone and DLSR camera pictures in an Samsung external hard drive. Lately I have noticed that some of these pictures have been "fragmented"....
  3. Codec for view Canon 5D mark IV CR2

Codec for view Canon 5D mark IV CR2: I need to see my Canon 5D Mark IV CR2 Raw files in my folders as thumbnail ! Plz HELP ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/codec-for-view-canon-5d-mark-iv-cr2/e74a8cb5-125b-4dc9-b126-2baeb2bfe924
  4. CR2 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CR2 files: My HP computer wont accept my CR2 files from my canon 5 camera now yet it worked a week ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/642fec26-8db2-4fb0-829f-3f9d782b1830
  5. Cr2 Files recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cr2 Files recovery: Hi all. I'm having a problem with my CR2 files. To summarize my issue briefly, I went on a trip last year to Australia and took around 500 photos using a school camera. I then uploaded them from the camera to my student Onedrive account, on a school-owned computer. Since I...
  6. Canon cr2+cr3 files

Canon cr2+cr3 files: I can`t view my photos in window 10 as I only shoot raw files in camera to save space and convert to jpeg for posting on the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr2cr3-files/daec7058-3dc4-44b2-a7ab-07afa8ba0845
  7. Windows bug: explorer.exe crashing after "previewing" Canon CR2 files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows bug: explorer.exe crashing after "previewing" Canon CR2 files.: I've found a few others online with the same problem, but no solution. Explorer.exe will crash after browsing a folder with Canon RAW *.cr2 files, if either the Preview or Details pane is on, and if i click on a file. i'm diving in and out of folders, i click one to then...
  8. cr2 files

cr2 files: Please help very frustrated. Can NOT view thumbnails shot in raw from a 77d camera. Been using a canon and CR2 files for 3 years and have not ever had a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/bc201e05-f1f1-4c80-9ade-9421c32fc382
  9. Canon CR2 files are not viewable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Canon CR2 files are not viewable.: I cannot view photos taken with a Canon 6D Mark 2. It has been out for a while. Downloaded codecs - no luck. Canon web site has no help also. (this also was a problem with Canon 70D last year.)...
  10. Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files: Hi: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 about 6 weeks ago. Hopefully this is the right forum for the problem. Latest issue is that when I connect my (older) Canon camera via USB to the computer, Windows 10 can see the drive/CR2 files on it OK, but cannot display them (just lists them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canon cr2 converter windows 10

2. cr2 viewer windows 10 explorer

3. how to view cr2 files on win10 file explorer

4. cr2 files explorer,
  5. convert from cr2 file to jpg windows 10 file explorer,
  6. using photo editing software with CR.2 files on Windows 10,
  7. uncropped cr2 photos in explorer,
  8. codec for windows 10 canon 77d,
  9. cr2 file view windows 10,
  10. canon t7i microsoft codec pack,
  11. cr2 files windows 10,