Windows 10: Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows

Discus and support Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been a hobby photographer since my father gave me my first camera in the 1970s. I was using a Canon EOS 70D and a EOS 6D until I replaced them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by endian, Apr 18, 2024.

1. endian Win User

Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows

I have been a hobby photographer since my father gave me my first camera in the 1970s. I was using a Canon EOS 70D and a EOS 6D until I replaced them both with a EOS R6 a couple of months ago. I have normally been using JPEG format, but sometimes I have been storing images in RAW format too. In modern Canon cameras they support a format that might be a good combination of RAW and JPEG format, since it offers better compression than JPEG, and better image quality with 10-bit HDR image support. The format itself has been around for more than 5 years, so I was definitely expecting it to work with

:)

endian, Apr 18, 2024

2. Canon EOS Remote

We need to get together and raise our voice. Join other with the same requirement of getting a Canon EOS Remote App on their Windows Phone.

Here at the
    Windows Phone User Voice

And Here at the
    Canon Forum

Hope we get heard !!!

Mike_dot_net, Apr 18, 2024
  3. HEIF and HIF files not showing/appearing in explorer or any other app

Morning all,

I have a canon R6 and have installed all proprietary software.....

I have installed the HEIF Codec and all updates to windows.

Yet I can't see HEIF or HEF/HIF images in file explorer or any other software package (and i've installed a lot of free-opensource image viewers).

All images are visable in camera so aren't corrupted.

StephenReece2, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows

agentsmith170390, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows

1. Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows - Similar Threads - Canon EOS HIF

2. Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows: I have been a hobby photographer since my father gave me my first camera in the 1970s. I was using a Canon EOS 70D and a EOS 6D until I replaced them both with a EOS R6 a couple of months ago. I have normally been using JPEG format, but sometimes I have been storing images in...
  3. EOS Utility not detecting Canon camera [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    EOS Utility not detecting Canon camera [Fix]: [IMG]EOS Utility is an application developed and released by Canon to connect Canon cameras with a computer. It enables communication between the devices and lets us see images, download them onto a PC, shoot remotely, and control camera settings from the PC. The program is...
  4. No image on Eos Webcam Utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No image on Eos Webcam Utility: Can someone help me with Eos Webcam Utility? So 2 days ago i reinstall my windows and installing Eos webcam utility for my canon g7x mark 3 mirrorles as a webcam. Before i clean install my windows it was working perfectly fine for almost 1 year. Now it didn't show any imageI...
  5. No image on Eos Webcam Utility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No image on Eos Webcam Utility: Can someone help me with Eos Webcam Utility? So 2 days ago i reinstall my windows and installing Eos webcam utility for my canon g7x mark 3 mirrorles as a webcam. Before i clean install my windows it was working perfectly fine for almost 1 year. Now it didn't show any imageI...
  6. Canon EOS 400D - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon EOS 400D - Windows 11: Hello, I have Windows 11 but unfortunately cannot upload the software required to view photos on my laptop using my Canon EOS 400D camera, has anyone been able to navigate around this?...
  7. Canon EOS 400D - Windows 11

Canon EOS 400D - Windows 11: Hello, I have Windows 11 but unfortunately cannot upload the software required to view photos on my laptop using my Canon EOS 400D camera, has anyone been able to navigate around this?...
  8. Canon EOS Webcam utility not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Canon EOS Webcam utility not installing: Hello, I cannot get past the initial installation phase of the webcam utility. It's a 4.36MB download, and the zipped file package downloads fine. I click to run the Setup application, it prompts for permission, I say yes, it tells me the file installation location, and I...
  9. Canon EOS 3 Utility and Windows 10

Canon EOS 3 Utility and Windows 10: I know this has been asked before but did anyone actually resolve it? When I attach my Canon 5div to this laptop it is detected by Windows. The initial splash screen for the EOS utility launches but no interactive window ever appears. If I check the application it says this...
  10. Canon EOS M50 RAW files preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Canon EOS M50 RAW files preview: 1. Is there any way to set up preview for CR3 raw files in File Explorer? I'm running Windows 10. 2. Is Microsoft going to add native support for this file format?...