Windows 10: Canon EOS Webcam utility not installing

Discus and support Canon EOS Webcam utility not installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot get past the initial installation phase of the webcam utility. It's a 4.36MB download, and the zipped file package downloads fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mjthelen, Oct 17, 2020.

1. mjthelen Win User

Canon EOS Webcam utility not installing

Hello,

I cannot get past the initial installation phase of the webcam utility. It's a 4.36MB download, and the zipped file package downloads fine. I click to run the Setup application, it prompts for permission, I say yes, it tells me the file installation location, and I click "Install." I then get the error "EOS webcam utility setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install at a later time, please run the installation again. Click finish to exit."

I always get this error. I have tried all of the following and still get the same error.

- restarted windows

- updated all windows systems

- run as administrator

- closed all programs

- re-download the package and try again

- re-download from a different browser Chrome and IE Explorer and try again

- install while camera is on

- install while camera is off

- install while camera is unplugged

- lower user account controls to not block any installations

- disabled Windows SmartScreen

- try installing a different camera's webcam utility

What I do know:

- I can successfully download 3rd party programs. I have installed the EOS utility 3 and it works just fine. Same for other downloads.

- Canon is stumped. I spent an hour on the phone with their support team and tried all of the above. No change.

- This is a work laptop, but I have confirmed with my IT dept that I have full rights to download other programs with no restrictions.

I'm stumped, too. Any new ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

:)

mjthelen, Oct 17, 2020

2. Canon EOS utility stopped working

Hi Zerah,

There could be changes or updates on your computer that has caused the Canon EOS utility to stop working. For us to sort out and address this problem, we would like to know the following:

• Can you tell us what changes were made on your laptop prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates so far?
    • Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the program?

If you have any devices connected to your laptop other than the keyboard, mouse, and your camera, we suggest that you unplug those devices. Also, make sure to turn off the camera and close its utility. Once done, turn the camera back on, then launch the
    camera utility.

Let us know the result so we can further look into the issue.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Canon EOS Remote

We need to get together and raise our voice. Join other with the same requirement of getting a Canon EOS Remote App on their Windows Phone.

Here at the
    Windows Phone User Voice

And Here at the
    Canon Forum

Hope we get heard !!!

Mike_dot_net, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Canon EOS Webcam utility not installing

Windows 10- Can't run Canon EOS Utility 3

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

Please follow the below link to troubleshoot with the issue:

1. Go to official canon site, find your camera and Download EOS Digital Solution Disk Software located
    under Software.

Description: EOS Digital Solution Disk Software” is a software suite containing the applications “Digital Photo Professional”, “EOS Utility” and “Picture Style Editor”, dedicated for users who cannot use the bundled CD to install the suite to the PC.

2. If you have done already Windows Registry for older Updater you can download just new EOS Utility (current 2.13.40) and run install,

or if it doesn’t work follow modifications that you need to do:

Open Notepad and copy/paste or write:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\EOS Utility] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\DPP] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX\Settings] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\ZoomBrowser
    EX\Install] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\PhotoStitch

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\EOS Capture] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\EOSViewerUtility] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Canon\ODSK]

Registry disclaimer

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Pick to save as All Files from drop down (*.*). Save file as CanonPreInstall.reg, you can as well save as *.txt and then rename, be sure you have option to see extension turned on. Run it (double click or right mouse click “Merge”), confirm it.

Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Canon EOS Webcam utility not installing

1. Canon EOS Webcam utility not installing - Similar Threads - Canon EOS Webcam

2. EOS Utility not detecting Canon camera [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    EOS Utility not detecting Canon camera [Fix]: [IMG]EOS Utility is an application developed and released by Canon to connect Canon cameras with a computer. It enables communication between the devices and lets us see images, download them onto a PC, shoot remotely, and control camera settings from the PC. The program is...
  3. How can you get Canon EOS Utility to work on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you get Canon EOS Utility to work on Windows 11?: I have purchased a new desktop that runs on Windows 11. I can no longer download images from my Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera using EOS utility even though I updated to the latest version EOS 3.15.20 and updated the firmware to version 1.4.0. When I connect my camera, the EOS...
  4. How can you get Canon EOS Utility to work on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can you get Canon EOS Utility to work on Windows 11?: I have purchased a new desktop that runs on Windows 11. I can no longer download images from my Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera using EOS utility even though I updated to the latest version EOS 3.15.20 and updated the firmware to version 1.4.0. When I connect my camera, the EOS...
  5. No image on Eos Webcam Utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No image on Eos Webcam Utility: Can someone help me with Eos Webcam Utility? So 2 days ago i reinstall my windows and installing Eos webcam utility for my canon g7x mark 3 mirrorles as a webcam. Before i clean install my windows it was working perfectly fine for almost 1 year. Now it didn't show any imageI...
  6. No image on Eos Webcam Utility

No image on Eos Webcam Utility: Can someone help me with Eos Webcam Utility? So 2 days ago i reinstall my windows and installing Eos webcam utility for my canon g7x mark 3 mirrorles as a webcam. Before i clean install my windows it was working perfectly fine for almost 1 year. Now it didn't show any imageI...
  7. No image on Eos Webcam Utility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Canon EOS 400D - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon EOS 400D - Windows 11: Hello, I have Windows 11 but unfortunately cannot upload the software required to view photos on my laptop using my Canon EOS 400D camera, has anyone been able to navigate around this?...
  9. Installing Nikon Webcam Utility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing Nikon Webcam Utility: I downloaded this app from Nikon but I am unable to get it installed. When I click on the .exe file, I get the screen that asks if I want to run this app. I click yes, and then nothing happens. Nikon support has no answer. The link is here:...
  10. Canon EOS 3 Utility and Windows 10

Canon EOS 3 Utility and Windows 10: I know this has been asked before but did anyone actually resolve it? When I attach my Canon 5div to this laptop it is detected by Windows. The initial splash screen for the EOS utility launches but no interactive window ever appears. If I check the application it says this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canon eos webcam utility installation failed

2. how can i modify my system to install eos webcam utility

3. canon webcam utility not installing