Windows 10: CANON LIDE 210 - problem with WIA/TWAIN

Discus and support CANON LIDE 210 - problem with WIA/TWAIN in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thanks for the idea. I will need to test that further. All fixed with latest driver *Smile*Biggrin Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sergiot, Sep 15, 2015.

1. milic Win User

CANON LIDE 210 - problem with WIA/TWAIN

All fixed with latest driver *Smile*Biggrin

milic, May 5, 2016

2. You downloaded the driver from Canon? I bought a new scanner and I don't think I can return it. Too bad they took so long to fix this.

brenkworth, May 5, 2016
  3. RWOne Win User
    Guys, if changing the driver mode corrects it, why not just place the scanner ON a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0?

RWOne, May 5, 2016
  4. CANON LIDE 210 - problem with WIA/TWAIN

That definitely did not work. I tried every USB port on my PC.

brenkworth, May 5, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
    Was worth asking, from what I gathered it appeared to be a 3.0 port issue.

RWOne, May 5, 2016
  6. Yes, I believe it had something to do with the USB driver from Microsoft Win 10, but the driver was affecting both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. There was some issue between Canon and the USB driver, which apparently they solved. At some point I will try the canon again (I still have the scanner), although the Epson scanner worked fine out of the box. Too bad because I really liked the Canon scanner.

brenkworth, May 5, 2016
  7. suzman Win User
    In April 2016 Canon released version 17.0.5.29 of their driver for the LiDE210 for all versions of Windows.

I was suffering from this 'mid scan hang' problem but I can confirm that installing version 17.0.5.29 of the driver resolved the problem for me.

I'm loving my scanner again. *Smile Not too sure about Canon though.*Mad

suzman, May 11, 2016
  8. MaryCW Win User

Not sure if you found it, but canon now has an updated driver at LiDE 210 Scanner Driver Ver.17.0.5 (Windows) and it works perfectly *Smile after uninstalling the my old Windows 7 drivers which behaved the same way as discussed above.... Canon seem generally to be a bit slow getting their drivers updated for the windows 10 platform compared to other brands... that's according to my somewhat limited observation!

MaryCW, Sep 17, 2016
  9. DataJ Win User
    I have had similar issues with upgrading to Windows 10 and my Canon Lide 210 Scanner not working, and here is how I solved the problem.

My computer is an HP Pavillion, with an AMD 4 core, 64 bit processor, 8 MB of memory.

First thing, remove all the old software from your system, and, disconnect the USB cable from your scanner, and, then
    visit the Canon Scanner website.

Next, turn off your anti-virus program as it may, (and did mine), corrupt the download.

Download the new software, and the new instructions, MP Navigator, etc. Follow the instructions, and then when it instructs you to plug in your scanner, go ahead and connect it, and if you are connected directly to a USB port, your scanner will work.

Mine didn't - - consequently, I purchased a Powered USB Hub, installed it, and, voila!! It Works again!!

Hope this helps anyone out there who is having difficulty getting their scanner back on line.

Cheers!!

Jim

DataJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CANON LIDE 210 - problem with WIA/TWAIN - Similar Threads - CANON LIDE 210

2. Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....: Hi everyone, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, it runs on Windows 10. I have downloaded software for my Canon Scanner Lide 220 but it is not working at all. The laptop does not have an optical drive and I cannot use the disc which came with it. Please I need your help...
  3. Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....: Hi everyone, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, it runs on Windows 10. I have downloaded software for my Canon Scanner Lide 220 but it is not working at all. The laptop does not have an optical drive and I cannot use the disc which came with it. Please I need your help...
  4. Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Canon Scanner Lide 120 showing black images sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon Scanner Lide 120 showing black images sometimes: My Canon Scanner Lide 120 shows black images sometimes not all the time. I installed the Canon IJ Utility from the Internet. It worked perfectly fine for about a year. But, the same issue is happening again now. Please help....
  6. Can't connect a Canon LIDE 210 Scanner

Can't connect a Canon LIDE 210 Scanner: GM ! I have a new Lenovo desktop computer, and it recognizes my HP Envy Photo 7155 printer, and it prints fine. The problem is it does not see or recognize my Canon Scanner. It is an older scanner, and it is connected by USB. I had no problem scanning or copying, etc....
  7. Problem with 260ci WIA Driver

Problem with 260ci WIA Driver: Tried downloading my pictures to my laptop but not possible but when trouble shoot, it shows 260ci WIA Driver has a driver problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-260ci-wia-driver/3d131ae0-7421-4a19-bca7-371d6294f376
  8. Twain

Twain: When I open a .jpg file, I first get this message: [img] . Is there a good web site for finding out how to do that (re-installing the Twain drivers) in Windows 10? 124680
  9. Twain

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Twain: When I open a .jpg file, I first get this message: [img] . Is there a good web site for finding out how to do that (re-installing the Twain drivers) in Windows 10? 124680
  10. WIA Driver for Canon MG8220

WIA Driver for Canon MG8220: I read your entries for similar questions/issues with other Canon scanners. Mine worked perfectly, including last night, but after Microsoft did an overnight update, the message appeared, requiring a WIA driver and refusing to recognize my scanner. Can you suggest a link to a...