Windows 10: Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier

Discus and support Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Yesterday I went to scan a document and was presented with an error telling me that I did not have permission to access that file. I tried a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NPalmer, Nov 9, 2019.

1. NPalmer Win User

Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier

Hi

Yesterday I went to scan a document and was presented with an error telling me that I did not have permission to access that file. I tried a few things and installed the Microsoft APP which worked and I managed to get the scan done.

I decided to investigate the issue and soon found that the printer was "NOT RESPONDING" so I went through a number of attempts to fix.

1) I uninstalled the printer and re-installed the printer

2) I disconnected the printer (USB cable and Power plug) uninstalled the printer, removed all the Canon Apps and also searched the registry for Canon drivers and removed them all. Downloaded a fresh copy off the Canon site of the drivers and installed the printer.

3)Repeated 2) above and shut down my pc (running Windows 10 Latest edition 64 bit) removed the plug waited 10 minutes restarted

When attempting to install the printer Windows cannot find it and I am forced to add it manually. Even though I searched for and removed all vestiges when reinstalling I was offered "Version 1" In deleting this a message popped up telling me there was already a MG2250 Printer Installed. Really?

The Troubleshooter cannot find anything wrong (there's a surprise).

The printer is a few years old but until yesterday worked perfectly. I think that the access file issue is linked somehow to Ransomware Protection as that has caused a few issues

So, has anyone else had this problem with a Canon MG2250 (Pixma) Printer? If you have I would dearly love to hear from you.

Please do not speculate solutions or ask for logs. Please only respond if you have solved this self same problem or know how to do so (I can make plenty of guesses on my own).

Thank you very much.

:)

NPalmer, Nov 9, 2019

2. [WTB]   Good Printer/FAX/Scanner Any idea'a

I've had one listed in my "Other Stuff" thread forever for a good amount off retail. I own 2 of them personally and use them daily. Wired Ethernet, Wireless G, USB, printer/scanner/copier. Just isn't a fax.

DanishDevil, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Drob1947 Win User
    Canon Imageclass MF4150 printer/fax/scanner , Scanner incompatible with Windows 10

My Imageclass MF4150 Canon copier will not scan since installation of Windows 10. Canon fixed the problem with a warning that the fix would be temporary. They were correct. Canon also indicates there is no known cure for this issue and that it also
    involves any of their brand new printer/scanners. Does MS or anyone have a solution? Canon states they are working on this but don't have it at this time. Thank you.

Drob1947, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier

Canon MP495 scanner function not recognised by Windows 10 - printer works OK?

Hi. Recently upgraded from Win 8.1 to 10 - only to find my Canon Pixma MP495 multi-function printer/scanner/copier no longer recognised. It worked fine as printer and scanner on 8 and 8.1.

Downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Canon - all seemed good, the printer worked fine...however, tonight I've tried to scan a doc - Windows says no scanner is attached? Have re-downloaded and installed the Canon driver - it's still not seeing
    the scanner function.

Can't seem to find a solution to this. Thanks, Microsoft!

Anyone come across this problem? Any help appreciated.

StuartLunt, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier

1. Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier - Similar Threads - Canon MB2250 Printer

2. Canon iR2525 Copier Machine Not Printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon iR2525 Copier Machine Not Printing: Hello,I am facing printing problem in my Canon iR2525 copier machine. When I am giving print it is showing in que list of printer but it is not printing. I uninstalled the driver of the printer and again install same driver after that it is showing this message:"an error...
  3. Canon iR2525 Copier Machine Not Printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon iR2525 Copier Machine Not Printing: Hello,I am facing printing problem in my Canon iR2525 copier machine. When I am giving print it is showing in que list of printer but it is not printing. I uninstalled the driver of the printer and again install same driver after that it is showing this message:"an error...
  4. Canon iR2525 Copier Machine Not Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  6. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  7. Canon MX430 printer installed but scanner not working

Canon MX430 printer installed but scanner not working: The Canon all in one prints fine but nothing happens when I try to scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mx430-printer-installed-but-scanner-not/5a7f43a8-3327-4adf-b3cb-e42ab384708f
  8. Windows 10 and HP PSC500 printer/scanner/copier

Windows 10 and HP PSC500 printer/scanner/copier: Is there any way to connect an HP PSC printer/scanner/copier to a computer with Windows 10? Do I need a Microsoft driver to make this work? Thanks in advance for your answer. Charles Pittsburgh...
  9. Canon MG3520 muti printer, copier, scanner

Canon MG3520 muti printer, copier, scanner: Hello I am new to this but I need help I recently switched to windows 10 I down loaded windows scans app and it recognizes my scanner function and i can scan a document. But the problem is when I go to scan the next day I get a message to connect a scanner. How can it see...
  10. MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax: windows update disabled my canon mx490 scanner, printer still works.....when trying to scan it says "pc not connected" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mx-490-canon-printerscannerfax/518d4992-4961-4195-90fe-93754816a8b3