Windows 10: Canon MG5350 scanner not working

Discus and support Canon MG5350 scanner not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have taken action on all the advice given with this problem but scanner will not work from windows apps. No problem if I use the Canon route, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John Page 32, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

I have taken action on all the advice given with this problem but scanner will not work from windows apps.

No problem if I use the Canon route, but I cannot scan in Photoshop for example.

In the first set of following action, it did work but had now failed again.

Click start and type “services.msc” and open it

Right click, stop and start all the services below.
    Remote Procedure Call RPC could not stop this
    RPC Endpoint Mapper could not stop this
    Shell Hardware Detection
    Windows Image Acquisition (WIA
    Reboot. Give the scanner a shot.

. Press Windows Key + R Key, in the box type “services.msc” without quotes.
    2. Click on the service which is present at the top of the program list.
    3. Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
    4. Double click on it and click the Dependencies tab
    5. Make sure, all services Windows Image Acquisition depends on, are running
    6. Switch to "Recovery" tab, and change all 3 drop-down boxes to "Restart the Service".
    7. Make sure the 2 Reset boxes underneath say "1" in them.
    8. Click Ok.

:)

John Page 32, Nov 30, 2018

2. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

The scanner in my Canon Pixma MG5350 has stopped working - I get a message "U network scanner EX cannot be found. Re-install scanner driver". I have re-installed all the drivers from Canon but still not working.

I have been in contact with Canon support who suggest that this is a windows problem and that even if I change my printer I will still not be able to scan.

I am on window 10 version 1809 build 17763.134

I would appreciate and help in resolving this issue

Thanks

John in the UK

John Page 32, Nov 30, 2018
  3. RanaldAH Win User
    Cannot scan with Canon MG5350 and Windows 10, any advice?

I have recently updated my desktop and installed Windows 10. My Canon MG5350 would print and scan happily with Windows Vista SP2 but now with Windows 10 it will not scan. I have updated the scanner drivers from the Canon website, but still no joy. Can
    anyone help me?

RanaldAH, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

Canon Pixma printer MG5350

Hi,

Go to your Printer Manufacturer's website > Key in your Printer Model Number and Operating System.

Uninstall/reinstall your Printer using the latest Drivers from there for your Operating System.

Most Printer Manufacturer's will also have troubleshooting steps for you to take listed there, too.

PIXMA MG5350 Support - Firmware, Software & Manuals | Canon ...

This may assist you too:

"Fix printer problems"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Canon MG5350 scanner not working

1. Canon MG5350 scanner not working - Similar Threads - Canon MG5350 scanner

2. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  3. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  4. Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....: Hi everyone, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, it runs on Windows 10. I have downloaded software for my Canon Scanner Lide 220 but it is not working at all. The laptop does not have an optical drive and I cannot use the disc which came with it. Please I need your help...
  5. Canon scanner not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon scanner not detected: I have downloaded Canon IJ utilities driver for my Canon MG2950 scanner/printer from the Canon website. It failed to download by usb cable- many times ... but when by wifi it was successful. All items of the IJ utilities download are visible on my computer but although the...
  6. Canon g4010 scanner not working

Canon g4010 scanner not working: my pc has been working using a USB for a scanner on a canon g4010 very well, now it doesn't but printer etc still works. Message is connect to a scanner. Have disconnected everything, reset printer/scanner, troubleshoot etc still no hint of working...
  7. Canon MX430 printer installed but scanner not working

Canon MX430 printer installed but scanner not working: The Canon all in one prints fine but nothing happens when I try to scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mx430-printer-installed-but-scanner-not/5a7f43a8-3327-4adf-b3cb-e42ab384708f
  8. Canon Scanner

Canon Scanner: When I start scanning a document, I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning." Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-scanner/f9575d64-acf0-4e9b-a831-0b4427d668c8
  9. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

Canon MG5350 scanner not working: The scanner in my Canon Pixma MG5350 has stopped working - I get a message "U network scanner EX cannot be found. Re-install scanner driver". I have re-installed all the drivers from Canon but still not working. I have been in contact with Canon support who suggest that this...
  10. canon mg2922 scanner stopped working

canon mg2922 scanner stopped working: after windows update! please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/canon-mg2922-scanner-stopped-working/bca69dce-54ae-4f8f-b927-e42b5794d1dc