Windows 10: Canon MX 459 scanner

Discus and support Canon MX 459 scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot connect my all in one canon mx 459 scanner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DHC1, Oct 21, 2019.

1. DHC1 Win User

Canon MX 459 scanner

I cannot connect my all in one canon mx 459 scanner

:)

2. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

Canon mx490, install the canon software 388mb downloaded from canon, scan works. under settings, NO SCANNER appears. So go to add scanner, it finds mx490 series, with description print fax scan, so click to install, BUT only adds a printer and fax, no scanner.

Tried multiple times to install so the builtin windows software can not work properly since it cant install a driver for the scanner.

sdowney717, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

I am showing you the scan functions with canon software, but windows says need to add a scanner and you can not add it.

And the real odd thing, windows a week ago saw the scanner and we could scan. We go away on vacation, come back and no more ability to scan using the windows scan program, which we were more used to using.

So I had to download this massive canon product to use the scanner.

I also posted this to the canon products forum, and no one responded yet, so maybe no one knows or someone knows why, I am sure someone does know, it used to work, and we did nothing. MS does update the OS, maybe MS killed their driver, all we did is go away for a week from the house, then it no longer worked claiming no scanner is installed. Actually was quite a surprise to come home and not be able to scan.

sdowney717, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Canon MX 459 scanner

Canon MX 472

My Canon MX 472 printer works fine as a wireless printer from both my desk set and my laptop but I cannot get it to scan by placing a document or picture on the glass.

PatriciaAldrich, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Canon MX 459 scanner

1. Canon MX 459 scanner - Similar Threads - Canon 459 scanner

2. Canon MX860 scanner fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon MX860 scanner fix: When I installed a used Canon MX860 in my Windows 10 system, I encountered frequent errors when trying to scan images. I chose wireless LAN installation and was able to print with it from any PC on my home LAN, but scanning was a hit or miss adventure -- mostly miss -- with...
  3. Canon Dr-2050 Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Dr-2050 Scanner: After the Windows 10 update this week, my Canon DR-2050 Scanner shows as unidentified device. There are no driver updates and I had to install this scanner in compatibility mode for Vista originally. Will this be fixed by Microsoft?For now I uninstalled the update and my...
  4. Canon scanner not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon scanner not detected: I have downloaded Canon IJ utilities driver for my Canon MG2950 scanner/printer from the Canon website. It failed to download by usb cable- many times ... but when by wifi it was successful. All items of the IJ utilities download are visible on my computer but although the...
  5. Canon g4010 scanner not working

Canon g4010 scanner not working: my pc has been working using a USB for a scanner on a canon g4010 very well, now it doesn't but printer etc still works. Message is connect to a scanner. Have disconnected everything, reset printer/scanner, troubleshoot etc still no hint of working...
  6. New Canon pixma MX 395 printer not responding

New Canon pixma MX 395 printer not responding: I installed a new canon pixma MX395 using the set up disk. It got to the end but stopped at print test page but gave no error. The printer was showing as installed but will not print from anywhere. The document whether it is a test print or something else does appear briefly...
  7. Canon Scanner

Canon Scanner: When I start scanning a document, I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning." Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-scanner/f9575d64-acf0-4e9b-a831-0b4427d668c8
  8. Canon MX 472

Canon MX 472: My Canon MX 472 printer works fine as a wireless printer from both my desk set and my laptop but I cannot get it to scan by placing a document or picture on the glass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mx-472/ebb17738-92ca-4165-99c1-99fbf7bfdfc0
  9. MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax: windows update disabled my canon mx490 scanner, printer still works.....when trying to scan it says "pc not connected" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mx-490-canon-printerscannerfax/518d4992-4961-4195-90fe-93754816a8b3
  10. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software: Canon mx490, install the canon software 388mb downloaded from canon, scan works. under settings, NO SCANNER appears. So go to add scanner, it finds mx490 series, with description print fax scan, so click to install, BUT only adds a printer and fax, no scanner. Tried...