Windows 10: Canon MX472?

Discus and support Canon MX472? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I find out how much ink I have remaining in my Canon MX472?... Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RdJohn1287, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Canon MX472?

How can I find out how much ink I have remaining in my Canon MX472?...

Thank you

:)

RdJohn1287, Apr 5, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Canon PIXMA MX472 All-in-One - Scanner did not install

Hi, this appears to be the genuine Canon driver page

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...vers_downloads

Canon MX472? [​IMG]

Note the 'Have a question?' box bottom left. If you are unsure as to which driver is which, that may be an option, or there's the Canon Community:
    Printer - Canon Community
    and this:
    Canon Printer Technical Support | Customer Support Forum

Do you see a scanner entry in the Device Manager? E.g. here:

Canon MX472? [​IMG]

(Ignore the fact mine has a yellow triangle - there's no Win 10 driver for it...)

What O/S did you last have it working with? Have you ever had it working with Win 10?

There may be something here, but I suspect it's rather trivial:
    Canon : PIXMA Manuals : MX470 series : Problems with Scanning

Scanning fails with MX472 and Windows 10 - Canon Community

dalchina, Apr 5, 2020
  3. rondenis Win User
    Unable to setup Canon MX472 in Windows 10

I have Canon MX472 unable to set up with Windows 10

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

rondenis, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Blackink Win User

Canon MX472?

Canon PIXMA MX472 All-in-One - Scanner did not install

Like the previous poster suggested, unplug the USB cable from the printer and turn off the printer.
    Start the installation of the drivers, watch the install windows VERY CAREFULLY as there will be instructions as to when you need to plug the USB cable into the printer and turn the printer on.
    I ran into this exact scenario when I installed my printer after a Windows 10 Pro install (1909).
    The printer ran fine but when I tried to use the scanner, no dice...
    Printer is Canon MG6820.

The only other thing I can suggest if that doesn't work is to turn your firewall off, turn off any anti-virus software, and then do the driver installation again following the install windows VERY CAREFULLY.
    I had to do that step on a Windows 7 Pro PC in order for the scanner to work.

EDIT: Follow this link to see where I asked for help: Solved: MG6820 can't scan from the Operation Panel... - Canon Community

Good Luck.

Blackink, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Canon MX472?

1. Canon MX472? - Similar Threads - Canon MX472

2. Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows: I have been a hobby photographer since my father gave me my first camera in the 1970s. I was using a Canon EOS 70D and a EOS 6D until I replaced them both with a EOS R6 a couple of months ago. I have normally been using JPEG format, but sometimes I have been storing images in...
  3. Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows: I have been a hobby photographer since my father gave me my first camera in the 1970s. I was using a Canon EOS 70D and a EOS 6D until I replaced them both with a EOS R6 a couple of months ago. I have normally been using JPEG format, but sometimes I have been storing images in...
  4. my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.: it wont connect let alone be visible on laptop nor cell phone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-ts3522-printer-will-not-connect/267b719f-b771-49ce-94e1-5c86eeb2b8b8
  5. my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.

my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.: it wont connect let alone be visible on laptop nor cell phone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-ts3522-printer-will-not-connect/267b719f-b771-49ce-94e1-5c86eeb2b8b8
  6. Continuous PDF's run together with my new scanner, how do I get a new Canon LiDE 400...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous PDF's run together with my new scanner, how do I get a new Canon LiDE 400...: Continuous PDF's run together with my new scanner, how do I get a new Canon LiDE 400 compatible driver for my new windows 11 PC??This also happened with an HP all in One printer/scanner and Epson scanner which both have been returned....
  7. Continuous PDF's run together with my new scanner, how do I get a new Canon LiDE 400...

Continuous PDF's run together with my new scanner, how do I get a new Canon LiDE 400...: Continuous PDF's run together with my new scanner, how do I get a new Canon LiDE 400 compatible driver for my new windows 11 PC??This also happened with an HP all in One printer/scanner and Epson scanner which both have been returned....
  8. Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC [Fix]: [IMG]If the Canon printer is not printing on your Windows PC, the solutions provided in this article will help you. Usually, this issue can occur due to outdated or corrupted printer drivers, loose connections in a printer, etc. Fix Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC...
  9. Canon PIXMA MX472 All-in-One - Scanner did not install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon PIXMA MX472 All-in-One - Scanner did not install: I installed Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (version 1909; OS Build 18363.592) on my Dell XPS 8900 desktop at the first of the year. I had some trouble installing the printer but it finally did get itself installed. The trouble I had was that it didn't want to install with USB only...
  10. Top feed on printer Canon Pixma mx472 won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Top feed on printer Canon Pixma mx472 won't work: how to get top feed working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-feed-on-printer-canon-pixma-mx472-wont-work/6734c48a-5a1d-4f66-9aac-94049748b0b5