Windows 10: Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue

Discus and support Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a few months now, an update to my Canon G2000 printer has been showing in my Windows Update list. Each time it seems to install and immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RandallReardon, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue

For a few months now, an update to my Canon G2000 printer has been showing in my Windows Update list. Each time it seems to install and immediately disappears from the list, however, if I again click Check for Updates, it reappears and then seems to install and immediately disappears from the list.

I have since gone to the Canon website and updated the software, so I know I have the latest available.

I have also used the Canon printer's own software to check for Updates and followed the onscreen prompts to check for and install the latest software available.

This is the name of the update:

"Canon - Printer - 8/27/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.91.2.10"

I have looked in View Update History, under Driver Updates, and this update is listed as having Successfully Installed on the most recent date it showed on the Windows Update List.

I am running: Windows 10, version 20H2 and Quality Update KB4586781. There are no other updates of any kind available to be installed.

My desktop is a Dell Vostro

How do I stop this update from constantly showing on my Windows Update list?

:)

RandallReardon, Nov 21, 2020

2. Canon Printer i9950

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

This product is not compatible with the operating system selected and no drivers will be made available. Please consider upgrading either your product or operating system to a model or version that is supported.

Also, I suggest you to ensure to have the latest version of the printer software installed on your PC .

Please follow these steps below, to resolve the issue:

Step 1: I suggest you to download the Windows 8.1 printer driver from the below canon website and then try to install the printer driver in compatibility mode.

http://www.supportcanon.com/download-canon-i9950-driver-printer/

Step 2: I would suggest you to try to install the driver in compatibility mode.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the
    issue persists.

Please try to refer to the suggestions given by JimWynne replied on December 8, 2015, to fix your issue.

Driver for Canon i9950 printer Windows 10

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Issues with Canon printer drivers

I've been trying to add a Canon MX492 printer but there appears to be an issue with installing the drivers. I was on the phone with Canon support for an hour to uninstall/reinstall the drivers yet still get an error message that there is an issue. Canon
    said it's not their problem but a problem with my computer. I have Windows 10 and had an HP printer installed previously that just stopped working. I'm not the most computer savvy person but not a complete newbie. I'd like to return the printer but have
    a suspicion that I will have the same issue with any other printer I try. Can anyone help???

LaurenAbbott2, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue

Canon Printer Installation Chaos

Hi I have a canon LBP 2900 Printer which was working absolutely fine with windows 7, Now with 10 i have had the following chaos

1. The printer wasnt listed when i tried to print

2. I tried to update the driver, downloaded it but installation failed

3. I tried uninstalling the previous drivers, failed

4. I devices and printers..search for printers...my printer isnt listed.. i click..nothing happens...In the task manager "change printer settings" keeps getting added numerous times.

5. Canon installation keeps showing in task manager...but doesnt use any CPU/Memory...

6. restarted my computer 10 times or more, everytime same issue

7. deleted all canon named folders..nothing else was working...

8. Cant use the printer still

SOS

SOS

anupamyaduvanshi, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue

1. Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue - Similar Threads - Canon Printer Driver

2. Can no install canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can no install canon printer driver: Hi. Im trying to install the printer drivers for canon mf641cw. When i try to install them i get an error saying i need administrator rigthts to install. I have verified that i am the administrtor. I had Canon support to look at the problem, but they could not fix it. Any...
  3. Can no install canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no install canon printer driver: Hi. Im trying to install the printer drivers for canon mf641cw. When i try to install them i get an error saying i need administrator rigthts to install. I have verified that i am the administrtor. I had Canon support to look at the problem, but they could not fix it. Any...
  4. Can no install canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can no install canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Canon MP560 Printer Driver Not Installing

Canon MP560 Printer Driver Not Installing: Canon MP560 Printer Driver Not Installing, after downloading direct from CANON. I have Windows 10. This Driver and Printer was on this laptop for years. Just stop working, now I uninstalled, with the intent to reinstall. Now Windows 10 is blocking it. Says it has to be...
  7. Cannot install Canon printer drivers

Cannot install Canon printer drivers: The scan function on my Canon Maxify 2120 stopped working on my wireless Dell laptop. I thought it was a driver problem but I was not able to install the Canon printer drivers because my printer "could not be found" even though it shows up as a printer in Windows 10 on my...
  8. Driver for Canon MG6650 Printer not installing

Driver for Canon MG6650 Printer not installing: I have used this printer for several years for scanning as well as printing. No problems until I had to re-install Windows 10. The printer is working perfectly and now I now want to re-install the IJ scanner driver.This is: win-mg6600-1_0-mcd downloaded from the Canon site....
  9. Issues with Canon printer drivers

Issues with Canon printer drivers: I've been trying to add a Canon MX492 printer but there appears to be an issue with installing the drivers. I was on the phone with Canon support for an hour to uninstall/reinstall the drivers yet still get an error message that there is an issue. Canon said it's not their...
  10. Canon printer drivers

Canon printer drivers: I am currently on Win10 build 10158 and none of the Canon drivers for my Pixma ip8750 two year old printer work correctly. There seems to be a break in communication between the app being used for printing and the OS handling the printer driver preferences. Thus regardless of...