Windows 10: Canon printer drivers

Discus and support Canon printer drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am currently on Win10 build 10158 and none of the Canon drivers for my Pixma ip8750 two year old printer work correctly. There seems to be a break in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brianwall, Jun 29, 2015.

1. brianwall Win User

Canon printer drivers

I am currently on Win10 build 10158 and none of the Canon drivers for my Pixma ip8750 two year old printer work correctly. There seems to be a break in communication between the app being used for printing and the OS handling the printer driver preferences. Thus regardless of how I setup the printer from within the app, the output is configured as the printer driver was last setup direct from the desktop.

Canon have absolutely no information on any of their numerous websites about Win10 except for this one instance which made my heart run cold:

"Microsoft have announced that Windows 10, the new version of their operating system, will be released on 29 July 2015. This will be a free upgrade for current users of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices.

We are currently determining our driver support for this new operating system and this page will be updated with further information shortly.

Canon takes those decisions in the knowledge that the production of drivers and software support comes at a direct financial cost. So, while Canon certainly respects our customer’s choice to decide to upgrade technologies, Canon cannot guarantee that older Canon products will continue to be supported by the new operating system."

:)

brianwall, Jun 29, 2015
  2. Zlatko980 Win User

After update to Creators fall update canon printer dont print like before

Problem is solved. I have contact Canon and they advice me what to do.

I uninstall all Canon software (driver for printer, canon programs), reboot computer, download latest driver for my printer (Canon MX435) and install them. Thats all.

Printer now work normaly.

Zlatko980, Jun 29, 2015
  3. zenyenam Win User
    zenyenam, Jun 29, 2015
Thema:

Canon printer drivers

1. Canon printer drivers - Similar Threads - Canon printer drivers

2. Canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon printer driver: Hi I have an old canon printer. mp540.On one laptop windows 10 detects and installs drivers for mp570 model and the printer works fine.But on the other laptop that has windows 10 upgraded from windows 7 windows update won't install the driver.Canon has Ezy photo print which I...
  3. Canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon printer driver: Hi I have an old canon printer. mp540.On one laptop windows 10 detects and installs drivers for mp570 model and the printer works fine.But on the other laptop that has windows 10 upgraded from windows 7 windows update won't install the driver.Canon has Ezy photo print which I...
  4. Canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer driver for Canon MP460

Printer driver for Canon MP460: Hello All, I cannot find my MP460 Printer driver on their website or elsewhere, Windows 10. Any help appreciated, Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-for-canon-mp460/d458d39f-6093-482b-8c75-039d3dd650fa
  6. Printer driver for Canon MP460

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer driver for Canon MP460: Hello All, I cannot find my MP460 Printer driver on their website or elsewhere, Windows 10. Any help appreciated, Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-for-canon-mp460/d458d39f-6093-482b-8c75-039d3dd650fa
  7. Printer driver for Canon MP460

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. CANON MF3420 PRINTER DRIVER

CANON MF3420 PRINTER DRIVER: Is there a driver for my Canon mf3420 printer running on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mf3420-printer-driver/dd6ec6cc-d635-45d8-9a77-348fe159942a
  9. Driver for Canon MG6650 Printer not installing

Driver for Canon MG6650 Printer not installing: I have used this printer for several years for scanning as well as printing. No problems until I had to re-install Windows 10. The printer is working perfectly and now I now want to re-install the IJ scanner driver.This is: win-mg6600-1_0-mcd downloaded from the Canon site....
  10. Issues with Canon printer drivers

Issues with Canon printer drivers: I've been trying to add a Canon MX492 printer but there appears to be an issue with installing the drivers. I was on the phone with Canon support for an hour to uninstall/reinstall the drivers yet still get an error message that there is an issue. Canon said it's not their...