Windows 10: Canon Printer not responding after windows 11 update. Other Windows 10 PC has no problem...

Discus and support Canon Printer not responding after windows 11 update. Other Windows 10 PC has no problem... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometime after updating to Win 11 my Canon printer does not respond to my print request. I tried printing from another Windows 10 PC and the printer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bbqrus, Jul 5, 2022.

1. bbqrus Win User

Canon Printer not responding after windows 11 update. Other Windows 10 PC has no problem...

Sometime after updating to Win 11 my Canon printer does not respond to my print request. I tried printing from another Windows 10 PC and the printer is still responding to it. So there is no issue with the printer as the message would indicate. What needs to be done to get my printer to print from my windows 11 updated HP PC.

:)

bbqrus, Jul 5, 2022
  2. EWGS Win User

Windows 11 Does Not Detect Canon iP7220 Printer

I am trying to install a Canon iP7220 inkjet printer onto my new Windows 11 computer. The installation never gets past connecting the printer and turning it on. Eventually an error message is added to the "Connect Cable" screen saying "Caution! Cannot detect the printer."

Windows 11 Pro is installed and has been updated through Oct. 26.

Canon's PIXMA iP7220 is supported by Windows 11 (Canon KB FAQ100626, 10/26/2021). Canon's driver, version 1.01, dated 10/4/2021, was downloaded Oct. 26.

Prior to trying to install the driver, Device Manager showed that USB Printing Support was not among the installed USB controllers -- Canon Support suggests deleting it if it is there before installing the driver as one of its troubleshooting suggestions (Canon KB ART115269, solution 820254100-EN-US, for a different model).

The USB port has been eliminated as a possible cause by trying the installation on various ports, both USB 2.0 and USB 3.2. Successfully plugging the keyboard, the mouse and flash drives into these ports reinforces this conclusion.

The printer and the USB cable have been eliminated as possible causes by installing the driver on a Windows 10 laptop. It took less than a minute for the printer to be detected after turning it on.

What's next ?

EWGS, Jul 5, 2022
  3. Connecting the Mx5600 Canon Printer to windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are unable to connect the canon printer to your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the exact model number of the canon printer?
    • How is the printer connected? (wireless/wired)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would like you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Let us know if that helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 5, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Canon Printer not responding after windows 11 update. Other Windows 10 PC has no problem...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Canon Printer not responding after windows 11 update. Other Windows 10 PC has no problem... - Similar Threads - Canon Printer responding

2. Windows 11 stopped recoginising Canon Printer after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stopped recoginising Canon Printer after Update: After the last Windows Update the system stopped recognizing my Canon TS305. It constantly shows "an unrecognizable USB device".I've tried everything:reinstalling the printerinstalling new driversI also can't connect it via wifi....
  3. Windows 11 stopped recoginising Canon Printer after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stopped recoginising Canon Printer after Update: After the last Windows Update the system stopped recognizing my Canon TS305. It constantly shows "an unrecognizable USB device".I've tried everything:reinstalling the printerinstalling new driversI also can't connect it via wifi....
  4. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.: Facing problem with this driver in Windows Update Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0. from Last one and half month.I am requesting Microsoft to solve this issue in windows update because of this problem I can't use my canon print properly Canon ImageCLASS...
  5. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.: Facing problem with this driver in Windows Update Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0. from Last one and half month.I am requesting Microsoft to solve this issue in windows update because of this problem I can't use my canon print properly Canon ImageCLASS...
  6. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Canon Printer not responding after windows 11 update. Other Windows 10 PC has no problem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer not responding after windows 11 update. Other Windows 10 PC has no problem...: Sometime after updating to Win 11 my Canon printer does not respond to my print request. I tried printing from another Windows 10 PC and the printer is still responding to it. So there is no issue with the printer as the message would indicate. What needs to be done to get my...
  8. Canon printer & windows 11

Canon printer & windows 11: My printer keeps going into error mode ever since installing windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer-windows-11/8ab3a831-d3db-4954-8745-a217c617eee9
  9. Canon printer & windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon printer & windows 11: My printer keeps going into error mode ever since installing windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer-windows-11/8ab3a831-d3db-4954-8745-a217c617eee9
  10. Canon Printer Not Responding after May 19 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Canon Printer Not Responding after May 19 Update: I applied the May 2019 Windows Update to my PC yesterday and this morning my Canon IP7200 printer refused to print anything. Jobs just stuck in the print queue and any attempt to ascertain the printer status came back ‘printer not responding’. I tried re-installing the...