Windows 10: Canon printer (usb) has scanner function but cannot access output.

Discus and support Canon printer (usb) has scanner function but cannot access output. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printer on device list - scanner is not. Settings advice, or do I need a tech?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Teri1216, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Teri1216 Win User

Canon printer (usb) has scanner function but cannot access output.

Printer on device list - scanner is not. Settings advice, or do I need a tech?

:)

Teri1216, Apr 1, 2019
  2. patblake2 Win User

unable to unzip output file for drivers for Canon printer/scanner for scanner TS5510

how can I get to my download for a scanner drivers for my printer/scanner canon TS5510 when I download it and open file it wont allow me to it come up with cant open output file in winzip I have windows 10 operating system

patblake2, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Canon MP495 scanner function not recognised by Windows 10 - printer works OK?

Hi. Recently upgraded from Win 8.1 to 10 - only to find my Canon Pixma MP495 multi-function printer/scanner/copier no longer recognised. It worked fine as printer and scanner on 8 and 8.1.

Downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Canon - all seemed good, the printer worked fine...however, tonight I've tried to scan a doc - Windows says no scanner is attached? Have re-downloaded and installed the Canon driver - it's still not seeing
    the scanner function.

Can't seem to find a solution to this. Thanks, Microsoft!

Anyone come across this problem? Any help appreciated.

StuartLunt, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Canon printer (usb) has scanner function but cannot access output.

Canon MP495 scanner function not recognised by Windows 10 - printer works OK?

I have Windows 10 and tried to install a new Canon Maxify 2320 printer/scanner and I could not get the scanner utility to work from my laptop. To scan PDF files, I had to use a USB thumb drive. The scanner utility was incomplelte and it "sort of" worked.
    I could scan TIF or JPEG from my laptop wirelessly but not PDF files.

I searched and I could not find the missing the actual full scanner utility called the "IJ scanner utility". After hours of Googling, screwing around, installing and uninstalling the latest software I finally called Canon's Maxify help line. It took the
    Canon support guy about 15 minutes to fix the problem after then took over my laptop. It is an issue with Windows 10 having recognition issues with the default printer selection combined with some Canon software tweaks. The Canon IJ scanner utility was definitely
    missing prior to the Canon support rep accessing my computer. He uninstalled the printer software and installed another version that worked.

Bottom line is if you have a new Canon printer with Windows 10 and you can't activate the scanner utility, call the Canon support line and they can get it fixed. If you have an older Canon printer and are out of warranty and upgrade to Windows 10 and your
    scanner won't work I'm not sure what you do other than call Canon and see what a tech support call costs. Good luck - I wasted 4 hours today running this down and it's a pain.

DinahMight, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Canon printer (usb) has scanner function but cannot access output.

1. Canon printer (usb) has scanner function but cannot access output. - Similar Threads - Canon printer usb

2. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  3. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  4. My canon scanner/printer stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My canon scanner/printer stopped working: My Canon MG6220 Printer /scanner stopped working after windows update. Helpppp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-scannerprinter-stopped-working/aac933d7-f3ce-4f96-ba4a-2000b6695490
  5. Canon MX430 printer installed but scanner not working

Canon MX430 printer installed but scanner not working: The Canon all in one prints fine but nothing happens when I try to scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mx430-printer-installed-but-scanner-not/5a7f43a8-3327-4adf-b3cb-e42ab384708f
  6. Canon MG3520 muti printer, copier, scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon MG3520 muti printer, copier, scanner: Hello I am new to this but I need help I recently switched to windows 10 I down loaded windows scans app and it recognizes my scanner function and i can scan a document. But the problem is when I go to scan the next day I get a message to connect a scanner. How can it see...
  7. Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier

Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier: Hi Yesterday I went to scan a document and was presented with an error telling me that I did not have permission to access that file. I tried a few things and installed the Microsoft APP which worked and I managed to get the scan done. I decided to investigate the issue...
  8. Canon Scanner

Canon Scanner: When I start scanning a document, I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning." Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-scanner/f9575d64-acf0-4e9b-a831-0b4427d668c8
  9. MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax: windows update disabled my canon mx490 scanner, printer still works.....when trying to scan it says "pc not connected" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mx-490-canon-printerscannerfax/518d4992-4961-4195-90fe-93754816a8b3
  10. unable to unzip output file for drivers for Canon printer/scanner for scanner TS5510

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to unzip output file for drivers for Canon printer/scanner for scanner TS5510: how can I get to my download for a scanner drivers for my printer/scanner canon TS5510 when I download it and open file it wont allow me to it come up with cant open output file in winzip I have windows 10 operating system...