Windows 10: Canon t7i Raw files in windows explorer

Discus and support Canon t7i Raw files in windows explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just upgraded to a T7i from my t5i. With the T5i I had to download a microsoft codec pack to see the thumbnails of the RAW files in windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdamS6, Dec 17, 2018.

1. AdamS6 Win User

Canon t7i Raw files in windows explorer

So I just upgraded to a T7i from my t5i. With the T5i I had to download a microsoft codec pack to see the thumbnails of the RAW files in windows explorer. I have yet to find a codec that will work for my T7i in windows explorer.

I can view the images in LightRoom, and in Irfanview, however for moving files around to certian folders, I prefer to be able to see the thumbnails in windows explorer.

I contacted canon, and they said they have nothing, that I needed to contact MS about it.

Has anyone found a way to do this?

Thanks,

Adam S.

:)

AdamS6, Dec 17, 2018

2. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer?

MarkO'Reilly4, Dec 17, 2018
  3. apetala Win User
    How to view canon raw files 80D on Windows 10?

thanks but do not wish to use canon utilities process raw in lightroom just want to weed out photos first windows 10 opens my canon 70d raw files not the 80d or 7d mark 2, tried altering the codex and canons suggestions

apetala, Dec 17, 2018
  4. apetala Win User

How to view canon raw files 80D on Windows 10?

Original title:- canon raw files 80D

windows 10 photoviewer not opening raw files CR2 for canon 80D canon site say no codex for this operating system

apetala, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Canon t7i Raw files in windows explorer - Similar Threads - Canon t7i Raw

2. Fragmented JPEGs and corrupted folder containing .cr2 Canon RAW images files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fragmented JPEGs and corrupted folder containing .cr2 Canon RAW images files: Hello. I'm seeking help in two distinct topics. I would greatly appreciate any advice. 1. For the past years I have stored all my phone and DLSR camera pictures in an Samsung external hard drive. Lately I have noticed that some of these pictures have been "fragmented"....
  3. File RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File RAW: Mi si dice che nel PC c'è una raccolta di file RAW, ma io finora non l'ho trovata. Chi mi sa dire qualcosa? Grazie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-raw/e1b498f5-d80e-460e-8834-c5de98fb08a3
  4. Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer: I have a custom built PC (don't know if that matters) with:Windows 10 ProVersion 1809Build 17763.864 And I am having troubles viewing image thumbnails in the windows file explorer; specifically of .CR2 files. I can view the thumbnails of .DNG files and all the standard...
  5. Won't accept RAW files from my Canon camera

Won't accept RAW files from my Canon camera: What do I have to do to get Windows 10 to accept RAW file formats when reading discs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-raw-files-from-my-canon-camera/cf9faad2-7ba3-416b-801c-8c5499f75a68
  6. Canon CR2 files in windows explorer

Canon CR2 files in windows explorer: My older canon 500d raw files I could preview in windows explorer - this now does not work with my newer canon 77d camera - can a new codec pack please be released for the newer raw formats....
  7. Canon EOS M50 RAW files preview

Canon EOS M50 RAW files preview: 1. Is there any way to set up preview for CR3 raw files in File Explorer? I'm running Windows 10. 2. Is Microsoft going to add native support for this file format?...
  8. Raw files for Canon rebel T7i wont open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Raw files for Canon rebel T7i wont open in Windows 10: I have been working in RAW format for years. I recently updated to the Canon Rebel T7i and now I am no longer able to view these pictures in windows 10. I'm also getting a format notice saying I will need to for mat disk H before I will be able to use it. What can I do to fix...
  9. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

Canon CR3 RAW FIles: How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-raw-files/e35f411e-8b08-4174-86d6-e90c94e2c1bc"
  10. Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files: Hi: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 about 6 weeks ago. Hopefully this is the right forum for the problem. Latest issue is that when I connect my (older) Canon camera via USB to the computer, Windows 10 can see the drive/CR2 files on it OK, but cannot display them (just lists them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cr3 codec file for windows

2. update drivers in windows 10 canon rebel t7i camera