Windows 10: Canon Toolbox Software

Discus and support Canon Toolbox Software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Have installed Canon MF4690PL vista drivers and run update for win10 which showed drivers as correctly loaded in device manager. Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kevvyb, Jun 13, 2016.

1. kevvyb Win User

Canon Toolbox Software

Hi

Have installed Canon MF4690PL vista drivers and run update for win10 which showed drivers as correctly loaded in device manager.

Have installed Canon Toolbox for scanning from this device. There isn't much wrong and I'm sure that I just haven't found the correct path to resolution.

The scanner works from within the toolbox software and produces an image a set, either pdf or tif etc, tot he set location. However it does not seem able to display the scanned file in the relevant application, instead giving an error that the application cannot be started. See screenshots.

Can anyone shed any light on what settings may be causing this?

Canon Toolbox Software [​IMG]

Canon Toolbox Software [​IMG]

Please NOTE: the same happens with adobe pdf scans, will not open adobe pdf reader to display the scanned file.

:)

kevvyb, Jun 13, 2016

2. Windows 10- Canon MF4350d Toolbox for scanner doesn't work

Windows 10- Canon MF4350d Toolbox for scanner doesn't work - Problem solved when I uninstalled the newest version of printer driver and MF Toolbox I downloaded from Canon official website. Luckily I still keep the disc when I bought the printer. I reinstalled
    the original printer driver and Toolbox software came with driver. Scanner works perfect now.

StephenWoo, Jun 13, 2016
  3. image class MF4510 printer cant scan in windows 10

did as canon said...removed printer and toolbox in safe mode.

uploaded printer driver and toolbox

set up printer than toolbox

reconnected

printer works from computer but scanner does not

advice?

Magnet Lady(2), Jun 13, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Canon Toolbox Software

OldMike65, Jun 13, 2016
  5. kevvyb Win User
    I did.....as per first sentence. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Is this a driver or a software problem?

kevvyb, Jun 13, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Sorry didn't know where you got your drivers and software. Sounds like a software issue.

OldMike65, Jun 13, 2016
  7. kevvyb Win User
    That's what I thought but this may be something to do with windows 10 config and how it is interacting with the drivers, toolbox software....

kevvyb, Jun 13, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Canon Toolbox Software

Not sure how it works in your country, but here in the US Canon support is Free. You could try calling them and see if they have any idea's. Just a Thought.

OldMike65, Jun 13, 2016
  9. ARC1020 Win User
    Looking at the screenshot, it looks like it's Kodak Imaging software that is set to open the image with and that's what doesn't start.

You could navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\KodakImaging\ in Windows File Explorer and see if it's possible to make KODAKIMG.EXE run in Vista compatibility mode. Tutorial here:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Alternatively as a test, you could change the external application path in MF Toolbox to open images in Internet Explorer (which should display image files fine):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (For 32-bit Windows)
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (For 64-bit Windows)

If that works, then maybe find the correct path to the Windows Photos app and use that as the external application path in MF Toolbox instead of Internet Explorer/Kodakimg (It's not something I've tried before, so I'm not sure if Windows Apps work the same as Win32 software).

If it doesn't work even with image files set to open in Internet Explorer, then I don't know. Maybe see if it will let you delete all external applications from that field (so it doesn't try to open them at all) and just open your images manually after you've scanned them instead (In your case, from D:\Desktop\Files\Scans\).

ARC1020, Jun 13, 2016
  10. kevvyb Win User
    Thanks. Will give that a try to see what's happening. Need to use the Kodak imaging software (it's a document manager). As stated, this happens when the app scans to pdf as well (trying to open Adobe reader), so I think it is a wider issue than the particular document management software.

kevvyb, Jun 13, 2016
  11. RWOne Win User
    How about running the toolbox as an admin? That might give it the rights to start the Kodak SW as well, worth a try ...

RWOne, Jun 13, 2016
  12. kevvyb Win User
    Doh! Thanks. That was it. Don't remember having to do that before.

kevvyb, Jun 13, 2016
  13. RWOne Win User

Canon Toolbox Software

You're welcome.

Increased security in 10 - anytime I see messages about "Can't start", etc. Typically perms to check first.

Please mark as solved for the gang though *Smile

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Canon Toolbox Software

1. Canon Toolbox Software - Similar Threads - Canon Toolbox Software

2. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.: Hello.We have multiple users sharing one computer.It was install driver & Canon MF 4770n scanner program under ADMIN user , all users are 'USER groups' & each user has a password. No Domain , network copier setting After updating Windows 10, MF scanner program does not run &...
  3. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.: Hello.We have multiple users sharing one computer.It was install driver & Canon MF 4770n scanner program under ADMIN user , all users are 'USER groups' & each user has a password. No Domain , network copier setting After updating Windows 10, MF scanner program does not run &...
  4. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

7. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.: Hello.We have multiple users sharing one computer.It was install driver & Canon MF 4770n scanner program under ADMIN user , all users are 'USER groups' & each user has a password. No Domain After updating Windows 10, MF network scanner program does not run & the scan button...
  8. For Brink A Troubleshoot Toolbox?

in Windows 10 Support
    For Brink A Troubleshoot Toolbox?: Would it be possible for you to suggest,to your Microsoft contacts,the inclusion of a "Troubleshoot Toolbox"? Win 10 has many useful tools,found in the most extraordinary places,e.g. an Audio troubleshooter in "Update& Security",precisely where we ordinary users would not...
  9. it doesnt allow docker toolbox to download

it doesnt allow docker toolbox to download: I installed docker toolbox to work on my project. It was working fine, until yesterday, when my system received an update. As usual it didn't ask, whether to proceed with the update or not. After the update was installed, docker stopped working. It says "Looks like...
  10. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software: Canon mx490, install the canon software 388mb downloaded from canon, scan works. under settings, NO SCANNER appears. So go to add scanner, it finds mx490 series, with description print fax scan, so click to install, BUT only adds a printer and fax, no scanner. Tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canon mf 4150 toolbox winows 10 solved