Windows 10: Canon Utilities software won't work now on my Window 10. It used to work but now it...

Discus and support Canon Utilities software won't work now on my Window 10. It used to work but now it... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Read the Subject line. This question is for Microsoft technicians. It is a big company and they profit from use of their operating system. It is their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Frustrated-windows10, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Canon Utilities software won't work now on my Window 10. It used to work but now it...

Read the Subject line. This question is for Microsoft technicians. It is a big company and they profit from use of their operating system. It is their responsibility to answer questions. Thank you to anyone who knows the answer to my problem but Microsoft owes me an explanation.

:)

Frustrated-windows10, Aug 22, 2019

2. Canon EOS utility stopped working

Hi Zerah,

There could be changes or updates on your computer that has caused the Canon EOS utility to stop working. For us to sort out and address this problem, we would like to know the following:

• Can you tell us what changes were made on your laptop prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates so far?
    • Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the program?

If you have any devices connected to your laptop other than the keyboard, mouse, and your camera, we suggest that you unplug those devices. Also, make sure to turn off the camera and close its utility. Once done, turn the camera back on, then launch the
    camera utility.

Let us know the result so we can further look into the issue.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

Hi John,

Thank you for including the screen shot of the error. You may try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

1. Connect the Printer to wireless router.
    2. Run the printer software from the Canon site to download and the set the printer up on the PC.
    3. Download the IJ scan Utility and try attempting to scan documents.
    4. If you still notice the same error, hold down the stop button (Red Button) on the printer for 10 seconds or until the error light goes off and release it.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Canon Utilities software won't work now on my Window 10. It used to work but now it...

Canon - Printers - Canon MG5500 series Printer - Error 0x80240017

GaryRouth's suggestion didn't work for me. But I took his lead and used a slightly different process that eventually worked.

I uninstalled the Canon software in "Programs and Features",

rebooted my machine,

then went to Canon's site and downloaded the full package from Canon for my printer,

extracted the package,

went to the extracted files and opened the DrvSetup folder,

ran the DELDRV64.exe utility to cleanup the old software,

then ran the Setup64.exe to install the Canon software.

Since I've followed these steps, the printer works and the Windows Update for the printer isn't showing up.

Norm Hodne [MSFT], Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Canon Utilities software won't work now on my Window 10. It used to work but now it...

1. Canon Utilities software won't work now on my Window 10. It used to work but now it... - Similar Threads - Canon Utilities software

2. my computer upgraded, now brave won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer upgraded, now brave won't work: My computer upgraded. I set it to upgrade and then shut down. When I restarted it Brave would not work. I waited a while and tried it again. It still wouldn't work. I left it and did something else for a couple hours. I tried it again, still won't work.I tried Firefox and it...
  3. my computer upgraded, now brave won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer upgraded, now brave won't work: My computer upgraded. I set it to upgrade and then shut down. When I restarted it Brave would not work. I waited a while and tried it again. It still wouldn't work. I left it and did something else for a couple hours. I tried it again, still won't work.I tried Firefox and it...
  4. Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.: From the digging ive done it does seem that my copy of windows 7 pro was an OEM disk which i later upgraded to windows 10 pro. My only annoyance is before digging into my past purchase I used a different way of checking what type of license I had and it classified it as a...
  5. Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.: From the digging ive done it does seem that my copy of windows 7 pro was an OEM disk which i later upgraded to windows 10 pro. My only annoyance is before digging into my past purchase I used a different way of checking what type of license I had and it classified it as a...
  6. Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. upgraded to Windows 10 and now Office applications won't work

upgraded to Windows 10 and now Office applications won't work: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my Office products won't work, Excel, Word and any of the Office products. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?...
  8. Windows 10 Update and now my Laptop won't work properly!

Windows 10 Update and now my Laptop won't work properly!: After doing an update yesterday all my apps have stopped working and all my files have been "hidden" under USERS. I cannot use the Microsoft Store button which also doesn't work. I tried a hard boot but that didn't make any difference. HELP!...
  9. Updated windows now my 3rd monitor won't work!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated windows now my 3rd monitor won't work!: Updated windows as we are now forced to do. And now my 3rd monitor through display port isn't even being picked up now. Its a GTX1070 and DID work prior to update. Obviously a windows issue as it did work before this. Only windows updated, nothing else....
  10. Plugable microscope won't work now

Plugable microscope won't work now: After the new update my digital scope won't work. I get this error [img] . I reinstalled the drivers, tried different software and still get this error. Any suggestions? 109626

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Norm Hodne