Windows 10: Canonscan 4400F scanner

Discus and support Canonscan 4400F scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi can't find any drivers to make my scanner use TWAIN instead of WIA since Windows updates.Any ideas please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TossTig66##, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Canonscan 4400F scanner

Hi can't find any drivers to make my scanner use TWAIN instead of WIA since Windows updates.Any ideas please?

:)

TossTig66##, Sep 27, 2020
  2. JefMort Win User

New windows 10 driver for Canoscan 4400F

I just tried reinstalling my CanonScan 4400F using the driver and toolbox found with the Canon support page for Windows 8.1 O/S although I am running Win10. Without using compatibility mode as described in the other answer, the scanner would NOT work after
    installation of both driver and toolbox. I then uninstalled both the driver and the CanonScan toolbox. I reinstalled after setting compatibility for Windows 8 but it still did not work right.

I uninstalled both the driver and toolbox again. I then changed the properties compatibility on both the driver and toolbox installation files to Windows 7.
    After successful installation of both, the scanner was working - even using the built in Windows scanner app. However, I noticed the scanner seemed sluggish - taking a long time to adjust the lamp and then to start the scans. I was plugged into one
    of my USB 3.0 ports. When I switched to my lone USB 2.0 port the scanning finally seem to work nominally.
    Go figure - USB 3.0 ports are suppose to be backward compatible meaning they would run at 2.0 for a 2.0 device.

Even the buttons on scanner work opening up the CanonScan Toolbox. Try long presses or double presses.

Also used the 64-bit dowloads from Canon as my pc is 64-bit.

JefMort, Sep 27, 2020
  3. New windows 10 driver for Canoscan 4400F

The solution that works for me is the following:

• Install the windows 8 compatible version of the Canon driver according to the instructions.
    • Connect the scanner
    • PC will install further drivers
    • To scan I use Acrobat Reader 9 Pro; select Create document from scan, place your document to be scanned, hit the OK button and a few moments later you have a PDF-file with the scanned image.
    • So far this has been the only way I found to obtain scans from my good old Canoscan 4400F

Nikode Graaf, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Canonscan 4400F scanner

Canonscan 8800f and Windows 10: impossible to install drivers (once again)

Hi,

Before I proceed further, I would like to know the below information.

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the Phone device?
    Let’s try the below steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Method1: I suggest you to update your system to the latest Windows 10 build and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

• Type update on Windows search bar and select Check for updates.

• Now click on Check for the updates button, it will run automatically check for Windows update if any updates is pending.

Method2: I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Canonscan driver from device manager.

Method3: You may try to run the
    Hardware and device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under
      Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on hardware and devices under Device.

• Click on Advanced on the hardware and devices dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator. (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 4: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to go to the Cannon manufacturer website and install update cannon driver for Windows 10.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/...pport-scanners-canoscan-series/canoscan-8800f

For more information on the Error code 28, tell him to check on the below article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123

Hope these steps would fix the issue, any further assistance please revert back with the update regarding the Canonscan 8800f. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Canonscan 4400F scanner

1. Canonscan 4400F scanner - Similar Threads - Canonscan 4400F scanner

2. Cannot work Canonscan 4200f on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot work Canonscan 4200f on Windows 10: Hi, I’m trying to help a friend set up an old CanonScanner but cannot get it to work. CanonScan Toolbox 4.9 has been installed, but displays a “unable to select TWAIN source” error message after I click scan. When using Canon Quick menu/ ScanGear, the error message states...
  3. Cannot work Canonscan 4200f on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot work Canonscan 4200f on Windows 10: Hi, I’m trying to help a friend set up an old CanonScanner but cannot get it to work. CanonScan Toolbox 4.9 has been installed, but displays a “unable to select TWAIN source” error message after I click scan. When using Canon Quick menu/ ScanGear, the error message states...
  4. Cannot work Canonscan 4200f on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 not compatible with CanoScan 4400F.

Windows 10 not compatible with CanoScan 4400F.: After updating to Windows 10, my scanner did not work. I have seen a possible solution but misplaced the directions. Can anyone help me? I need a scanner and the CanoScanner 4400F has been very useful until Windows 10 update....
  6. HOW TO RUN CANOSCAN 4400F ON WINDOWS 10

HOW TO RUN CANOSCAN 4400F ON WINDOWS 10: I have a Canoscan 4400F in excellent condition with CD driver Version MCD 2.2. My new PC has no CD ROM but only USB Ports. As a pensioner I cant' afford to replace my scanner and rely heavily on it. Please help. Pieter Beukes Cape Town S>A....
  7. CanoScan 4400F will not work with win 10. Help!

CanoScan 4400F will not work with win 10. Help!: I cannot get my scanner to work now in Win 10! It is a CanoScan 4400F! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canoscan-4400f-will-not-work-with-win-10-help/80a4e032-6b10-4d39-b0a1-b81c1286de04
  8. Scanner

Scanner: my printer/scanner is connected, and it is visible in the computer's printer/scanner menu. However, I cannot find the option to scan a document. Help! :0( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner/58d5cfd0-e1c8-4fb9-96ef-ef0b6a3356a8
  9. Scanner

Scanner: I have an all-in-one printer and I can print but can not scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner/8e329183-1e66-499a-b7d1-9eb12beada71
  10. Scanner

Scanner: I cannot scan a document after the Word 10 introduction. My printer scanner is HPEnvy 4500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanner/ac275f0f-6b89-41c3-ab51-7a4f7ee81d82