Windows 10: CanoScan 8400F 64-Bit Driver

Discus and support CanoScan 8400F 64-Bit Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day to everyone! I have been looking online for a 64-bit driver for my CanoScan 8400F. My operating system is Windows 10 64-bit. I know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by -=Willie=-, May 2, 2019.

1. CanoScan 8400F 64-Bit Driver

Good day to everyone!

I have been looking online for a 64-bit driver for my CanoScan 8400F. My operating system is Windows 10 64-bit. I know the scanner is ancient but it is still perfectly functional. Why would I part with it? It just needs a driver! I've looked all over internet, especially at Canon websites, and I wasn't so lucky; all of my searches ended in failures.

With about 7.5 billion total population worldwide, half of whom have access to the internet, not even one has this freakin' driver!

Shame on you Canon! All you have to do is make it available in one of the thousands of your websites all over the world in so many countries! I guess you want me to part with my old trusty Canon device and buy one of your latest models! Gain is always in your mind. Not even a simple kindness of making a driver available for download for your old device and for one of your loyal customers!

I bought that old scanner for my Apple Macintosh with the shiny external bay doors in the mid 2000s. That Mac died but not the scanner. Next, I partnered it with a Windows 8 machine. That computer upgraded its operating system each time Windows iterated to the next level. Last OS was Windows 10, then, that one, too, died. The reason I still have that scanner and perfectly functioning well past its expected shelf life is because it is seldom used. Now I'm with my brand spankin new computer and searching for that scanner's 64-bit driver so it can get partnered with this new machine. So far, no luck!

I decided to look around for it in my hard drives I stowed all over the place from computers long dead. Voila! I found it. I knew I downloaded it somehow but I couldn't remember where. Now I have it. Not only did I find the driver, I also found the latest software app for scanning, CanoScan Toolbox 4.9. The one in the installation disc is old which I still have as well. I found the app to purge the old driver, too. I know I'm not the only one who has this kind of problem. I want to help those poor folks who are in the same dilemma but this site doesn't have a way that I can upload the files and drivers that solved all the problems I had.

:)

-=Willie=-, May 2, 2019
  2. Phil Day Win User

Using a CanoScan with Windows 7 driver on Windows 10

Quite simply this is a 64 bit Driver Issue - I tore my hair out for 2 hours trying various ideas found in forums - no response from the scanner using the new 64 bit Win 10 machine when installing from the original CD ROM - the old
    32 bit Windows 10 machine which I had upgraded from Win 7 32 bit had the 8400F working perfectly with Installation from the original CD ROM.

However nothing from the new 64 bit Win 10 machine.

The simple solution is

• The File in the directory is the Scanner Driver Scangear CS – obtainable from
      Canon U.S.A., Inc. | CanoScan 8400F
    • Need to choose the Windows 7 64 Bit Driver.
    • After this can install the Canoscan Toolbox from the Setup CD ROM – Setup will note the Driver is already installed.
    Any other programs are optional

Now working perfectly CanoScan 8400F 64-Bit Driver :)

Phil Day, May 2, 2019
  3. canoscan drivers 64 bit

canoscan drivers 64 bit are their any for parolel ports

dean hawes, May 2, 2019
  4. CanoScan 8400F 64-Bit Driver

Windows 10 claims my laptop needs a WIA driver for my CanoScan 8400F.

To make a long story (see below) short, where can I obtain the WIA driver that Windows 10 claims I need for my CanoScan 8400F scanner? Canon says the driver is included in Windows 10.

The long story:

In 2004 I purchased a new Canon CanoScan 8400F scanner.

In 2011 I purchased a new ASUS laptop (Intel Core i5-2410M CPU 230GHz 8GB x64-based processor) with Windows 7 pre-installed.

Using Canon's CanoScan Toolbox 4.9, the laptop and scanner communicated via USB to successfully scan photos and documents.

I never upgraded to Windows 8 or 8.1 and have no experience with those operating systems.

A few days ago I updated to Windows 10. The installation process did not remove CanoScan Toolbox 4.9.

When I tried to use CanoScan Toolbox 4.9 to scan something, ScanGear CS displayed: "Cannot communicate with scanner."

When I clicked "OK" to dismiss that message, CanoScan Toolbox displayed: "Unable to open TWAIN source."

Shutting down the laptop and restarting it did not help.

Powering down the scanner and restoring the power did not help.

For CanoScan 8400F, www.usa.canon.com displays

"There is no driver for the OS Version you selected [Windows 10 (x64)]. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."

"Removing" CanoScan 8400F from Windows 10 and re-adding it did not help.

Eventually I discovered, installed, and tried the Windows Scan app.

Windows Scan displayed "CanoScan" under "Scanner".

When I clicked "CanoScan", Windows Scan displayed "Problem connecting to scanner. We can't find a scanner. Attach it to your PC or go to PC settings to add it."

In the "Start" menu, I clicked on "Settings".

On the "Settings" page, I clicked on "Devices".

The "DEVICES" page listed "CanoScan" among the "Printers". Why did Windows Scan tell me to add it?

I closed the "DEVICES" page, pressed Windows+x, and pressed 'P' to display the classic Control Panel.

I selected "Devices and Printers" and pressed Enter.

The first item under "Devices" was "CanoScan".

I right clicked on "CanoScan", clicked on "Scan Properties", and clicked on "Test Scanner or Camera".

The sounds from CanoScan indicated that it was moving its scanning head.

Windows 10 displayed "Test Successful Your imaging device successfully completed the diagnostic test."

Backing out to "Devices and Printers", I again right-clicked on "CanoScan" under "Devices" and clicked on "Start Scan".

Windows 10 displayed a dialog box containing an OK button and the text

"You need a WIA driver to use this device. Please install it from the installation CD or manufacturer's website and try again."

I installed the WIA driver from the Canon CD, but that did not help.

Windows 10 gave no indication as to whether the installation succeeded or failed.

The Canon CD did not indicate whether the WIA driver was x32 or x64.

Did I remove the WIA driver included in Windows 10 when I "removed" CanoScan from Windows 10? If so, how can I obtain the WIA driver again?

Thank you.

AlbinVareha, May 2, 2019
Thema:

CanoScan 8400F 64-Bit Driver

1. CanoScan 8400F 64-Bit Driver - Similar Threads - CanoScan 8400F Bit

2. CanoScan LiDE 200 for Windows 11, 64 bit Dell computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CanoScan LiDE 200 for Windows 11, 64 bit Dell computer: Where I can find a driver for my new Dell 64 bit, Windows 11 computer to run my Canon CanoScan LiDE 200 scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canoscan-lide-200-for-windows-11-64-bit-dell/4ec66139-496b-4478-abfb-e9e2a777af1e
  3. CanoScan LiDE 200 for Windows 11, 64 bit Dell computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CanoScan LiDE 200 for Windows 11, 64 bit Dell computer: Where I can find a driver for my new Dell 64 bit, Windows 11 computer to run my Canon CanoScan LiDE 200 scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canoscan-lide-200-for-windows-11-64-bit-dell/4ec66139-496b-4478-abfb-e9e2a777af1e
  4. 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32 bit to 64 bit: I attempted to change an HP Mini 110notebook from Windows 10 32 bit Windows to Windows 10 64 bit. It originally came with Windows 7 andI later upgraded to Windows 10 but it was the 32 bit version. It hasa 64 bit CPU so I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and used it todo a...
  5. Classic IntelliMouse 64 bit driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Classic IntelliMouse 64 bit driver: Why do you not fix the drivers for the Classic IntelliMouse? The drivers for the Mouse and Keyboard Center are terrible and ruin what was the best mouse on the market. Why do you not separate the Mouse & Keyboard drivers. Re-release the drivers for Microsoft...
  6. 64 bits

in Windows 10 Customization
    64 bits: How can I play older pc games on a 64 bit windows? None of them will load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bits/b1eedd07-2134-4b35-a533-c1ff77d64d10
  7. 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    32 bit to 64 bit: can I upgrade my 32 bit to 64 bit plz help me I nwanna play fortnite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-to-64-bit/67efd3f2-6406-4c88-9aa7-667bf8b42650
  8. 64 BIT

64 BIT: how do i change to a 64 bit os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/64-bit/841df499-3216-4aa0-b30c-6d666638c63a
  9. Latest Drivers for Windows 10 64-bit

Latest Drivers for Windows 10 64-bit: How would I determine if I have latest drivers for a Windows 10 64-bit PC? Both of my Laptops are not on the support list of Windows 10 on the Acer website. So, I need help getting the latest drivers. One computer is an Acer Aspire 5749 Series laptop and the other is an...
  10. 64 bit to 32 bit

in Windows 10 Support
    64 bit to 32 bit: Have a Asus laptop with 64 bit system loaded win10 64 bit used 89% of ram contacted Asus unit not suitable for win 10 is there a way to run win10 32 bit on a 64 bit system as this should use less ram. . 39318

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canoscan 8400f driver windows 10

2. canoscan 8400f windows 10

3. canoscan8400f windows10で動作

4. windows 10 64bit driver for canoscan 8400f,
  5. canon canoscan 8400f driver windows 10,
  6. getting caonscan 8400f scanner to run of 64,
  7. can i still get drivers for canoscan 8400f,
  8. canoscan 8400F windows 7 64 bit driver,
  9. canoscan8400f driver for windows 10,
  10. canoscan 3.1 windows 10 x64,
  11. how to get my canonscan 8400 to work with windows 10,