Windows 10: CanoScan 8800f Scanner

Discus and support CanoScan 8800f Scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Connected to Windows 10. It will only scan. Cannot get it to copy negatives or slides which it used to do with an earlier version of Windows on another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leslegr, May 3, 2021.

1. Leslegr Win User

CanoScan 8800f Scanner

Connected to Windows 10. It will only scan. Cannot get it to copy negatives or slides which it used to do with an earlier version of Windows on another laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Leslegr, May 3, 2021

2. CanoScan 8800F - Windows 10

After installing Windows 10 (former Windows 7) my Scanner "CanoScan 8800F" works without Problem. Last day I insttalled a the newest Windows 10 update. After this update my Scanner "CanoScan 8800F" did not work anymore. On the Canon Homepage there is no
    Windows 10 driver for my Scanner "CanoScan 8800F" available. I need a good solution for this problem.

Ulf P.Klinger, May 3, 2021
  3. CanoScan 8800f fails to scan slides Windows 10

Hello Leo,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What are the steps performed to resolve the issue?

• Did you check if the issue persists on updating the scanner driver from the Device manager?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the scanner with the current Windows operating system. Installing the compatible and updated device drivers will result in smooth and enhanced performance of the device on the operating
    system.

Cannon has not released compatible drivers for
    CanoScan 8800F
    scanner which is operable on Windows 10 OS. You will still be able to run the scanner on Windows 10 in
    Compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to install the touchpad driver in
    compatibility mode.

• Download the latest and most compatible device driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website for Windows 8.1 OS or locate the driver setup file of the previously installed OS in your PC.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      Properties.

• Click on the Compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart the PC for the effective changes to take place.

• Check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from step 2 from the article
      Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the link below to download the driver software for CanoScan 8800F:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/...pport-scanners-canoscan-series/canoscan-8800f

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 3, 2021
  4. CanoScan 8800f Scanner

CanoScan 8800F - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to find the “CanoScan 8800F” printer drivers from manufacturers website, which are compatible with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 3, 2021
Thema:

CanoScan 8800f Scanner

1. CanoScan 8800f Scanner - Similar Threads - CanoScan 8800f Scanner

2. My Canon 8800F scanner is saying software cannot be launched - windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Canon 8800F scanner is saying software cannot be launched - windows 11: My Canon scanner 8800F is not workingThe message in Adobe photoshop is that software cannot be launched for this deviceI am using Windows 11...
  3. My Canon 8800F scanner is saying software cannot be launched - windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Canon 8800F scanner is saying software cannot be launched - windows 11: My Canon scanner 8800F is not workingThe message in Adobe photoshop is that software cannot be launched for this deviceI am using Windows 11...
  4. Answer to a previous question about compatibility of canoscan 44000F. ANS: New canoscan...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Answer to a previous question about compatibility of canoscan 44000F. ANS: New canoscan...: New windows 10 driver available for canoscan 4400F https://answers.microsoft.com/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-to-a-previous-question-about-compatibility/d722bea1-75a3-489a-a8e4-a0ea871b6873
  5. canoscan 9950f

canoscan 9950f: Has there been a work around created for the Canoscan 9950f using windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canoscan-9950f/ddfa363e-2199-4c14-8ed0-2d71b62f77ca
  6. Difference between Canoscan Lide 120, 220 & 300 scanners?

Difference between Canoscan Lide 120, 220 & 300 scanners?: What are the differences please, on quality of scans etc. Thanks. 132755
  7. Difference between Canoscan Lide 120, 220 & 300 scanners?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between Canoscan Lide 120, 220 & 300 scanners?: What are the differences please, on quality of scans etc. Thanks. 132755
  8. Noncompatibility of Canon Scanner CanoScan Lide25 with Window 10

Noncompatibility of Canon Scanner CanoScan Lide25 with Window 10: I have problem installing my Canon scanner to work with Window 10. My scanner is CanoScan lide25. The downloaded driver is not installing. My computer can't locate the scanner at all. Can someone please help me. My system is 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  9. Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10

Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10: Hello guys. I just came here from the excellent Win7 forums, where I've been for ages. A very happy customer. I recently upgraded from Win 7 ultimate to Win 10 pro via the free Microsoft upgrade. All went amazingly well with all my files and folders intact. The only...
  10. Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10: Hello guys. I just came here from the excellent Win7 forums, where I've been for ages. A very happy customer. I recently upgraded from Win 7 ultimate to Win 10 pro via the free Microsoft upgrade. All went amazingly well with all my files and folders intact. The only...