Windows 10: CanoScan LiDE 35 on Windows 10 x64

Discus and support CanoScan LiDE 35 on Windows 10 x64 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Got most of this info from the sevenforums.com, but thought I'd repost here. I was so happy to get this trusty old scanner working, I thought I'd share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sachiel, Nov 1, 2015.

1. sachiel Win User

CanoScan LiDE 35 on Windows 10 x64

Got most of this info from the sevenforums.com, but thought I'd repost here. I was so happy to get this trusty old scanner working, I thought I'd share what worked for me.

Original post for getting it working on Windows 8.x: Canoscan LiDE 35 Windows 7 64bit driver Solved - Page 8 - Windows 7 Help Forums

Follow all of the above, but you will be locked out because of an error stating:

At which point, you need to disable device driver signing. From the following URL, Option 2: http://www.technipages.com/enable-di...driver-signing

Now, try to do the whole "have disk" routine, select LiDE 60 when it pops up and your scanner will be installed as a LiDE 60, but will work great. Hope this helps someone else out there with a perfectly still usable scanner.

:)

sachiel, Nov 1, 2015

2. canoscan lide 120 scanner not working window10

canoscan lide 120 scanner not working window 10

RAJKUMARKUMAWAT, Nov 1, 2015
  3. MarkMaday Win User
    Windows 10 compatability with Canoscan Lide 60 (prev running windows 7/64 version)

I was able to get my LIDE 30 working with the LIDE60 drivers. Refer to the instructions at are there any drivers for canoscan lide 60 that will work on windows 8,
    which credits Canoscan LiDE 35 Windows 7 64bit driver Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums. The key is to do the
    following:

• In Device Manager, go to the unknown Canoscan Device
    • Click Update Driver
    • Click Browse my computer for driver software
    • Select the folder where you unzipped lide60vst6411111a_64en and select CNQL60.INF

MarkMaday, Nov 1, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

For older scanners with no Vista drivers, you could try Windows XP drivers (Windows 10 32-bit only), or you can use a third-party driver/scanning application such as Vuescan. A customer had an old Agfa SnapScan scanner that would not work in Windows 7 (let alone 8 or 10). I installed Vuescan which used custom drivers to make the scanner work and he is now using it without any problems. You can test the software for 30 days, and then decide if you want to register for it. If you use your scanner often and it is a good model, it's worth paying for Vuescan. Otherwise you might consider buying a new All-in-one.

spapakons, Nov 1, 2015
  5. sachiel Win User
    Both valid methods if you want wanted to spend money either way. My scanner worked and I just wanted to get it up and running on 10 again, without spending a dime, and just wanted to share how I did it.

PS. that scanner does have a set of Vista x86 drivers, but the LiDE 60 has a set of Vista x64 drivers that work on the 35 and 10 x64. Job done, thanks Canon.

sachiel, Nov 1, 2015
  6. Hi, I've tried in vain to get my Lide 60 scanner to work with Windows 10. The scanner works with Win7 and OSX. I've followed the above instructions several times and no dice. I've tried all plugging the scanner into all my usb ports. I can't even get VueScan to recognize the scanner in Win 10. Any suggestions? Thanks.

P.S.
    I get this weird error message below, when I click "switch to" it brings up the win 10 start menu thingy then says "cannot communicate with scanner...missing twain driver"

CanoScan LiDE 35 on Windows 10 x64 [​IMG]

bubblegum tate, Jan 13, 2017
  7. spapakons Win User
    First uninstall any Canon software and unplug the USB cable from the scanner. Then go at Device Manager and select View->Show hidden devices. Make sure the scanner is not listed under Imaging Devices (not remember the exact words and don't have any to see it right now) or anywhere else. If it does, select it and press DEL to remove it. Reply Yes when asked. Restart the computer.

If the driver you have is for your own model, then right-click on the Setup file and select Properties. The go to Compatibility Tab and click the "Change settings for all users" button. To make sure the setup will not fail set compatibility to Windows 7 and check the "Run this program as Administrator" box. Click OK and then OK to close the properties. Now run the Setup and follow the onscreen instructions. Do not connect the scanner unless you see the message on screen to do so. I would also disable Antivirus just in case it interferes.

If the driver is not for your own model, you need a way to extract the driver files (if archived in a CAB or other file) in a folder. This is usually done by opening the archive in WinRAR or other archiver. Once you have the files extracted in a folder, connect the scanner, wait for Windows to find drivers or quit searching. Then go to Device Manager, find the scanner under Imaging Devices (or similar) and right-click on it. Select Update Driver Software, then select the last option. Select again the last option and you should see a list of drivers and a "Have Disk" button. Click on the "Have Disk" button and browse to the folder with the drivers. Select the closest model from the list and proceed. Windows will probably warn you they cannot verify compatibility between your scanner and the chosen driver. Just ignore it and proceed. You may have to restart the computer for the changes to take effect. If you don't see a yellow triangle with some error, it means that the driver is working. To scan use Windows Scan app or other application. If you see an error (most likely an error 10, Device cannot start) replace the driver with another model.

As a last resort you can use Snappy Driver Installer or Driver Pack to automatically download and install the driver for you, but I would rather do it myself to make sure I get one with the most features enabled (Microsoft generic drivers from Windows Update have only basic functionality).

spapakons, Jan 13, 2017
  8. LDighera Win User

LiDE 35 scanner install video here: . Although it's in Russian language, there are English subtitles. The method shown works perfectly under Windows 10 Pro 64-bit for the LiDE 35 scanner.

Scanner programs are here. (32-bit)
    Scanner driver is here. Use the LiDE 60 Windows 7 64-bit works on Windows 10 64-bit.

LDighera, May 25, 2017
  9. Tiertex Win User
    Thank you so much, my good old LIDE 35 lives again!

Tiertex, Jun 27, 2017
  10. I was able to get my Lide 35 to work using drivers meant for Lide 60.
    I have windows 10 64 bit so I chose Vista 64 bit LIDE 60 Drivers. Windows 7 64 bit LIDE 60 Drivers works too. They are both the same file.

Installing requires to go to device manager and updating device drivers for the faulty installed canon scanner using the "have a disk" option. The LIDE 60 driver has to be unzipped / uncompressed. You will choose the only .INF file in the unzipped / uncompressed LIDE 60 driver. You will get a warning on incompatibility but that's about it. You don't even need to restart the computer!

Note: I was receiving TWAIN error messages when I used Canon Toolbox version 4.5 that came with Lide 35.
    I used Canon Toolbox version 4.9 that comes with LIDE 60 and I was finally able to scan without the TWAIN error message. You can probably even have a work around to this using a custom scanner software these days.

All the files can be downloaded in the canon website. Do a google search for "LIDE 60 Drivers" and it will point you to the canon site with the LIDE 60 drivers and software.

I did NOT have to tweak the path in environment variables.
    I did NOT have to tweak the .inf files.
    I did NOT have to edit compatibility settings.
    I did NOT have to select the Available drivers that came with Windows 10 as a substitute driver.
    I did NOT have to uninstall other LIDE software (I also use LIDE 220 on the same desktop).
    And I did NOT have to disable driver signature verification.

Cheers!

jamesgarner, Aug 2, 2017
  11. spapakons Win User
    spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CanoScan LiDE 35 on Windows 10 x64 - Similar Threads - CanoScan LiDE x64

2. CanoScan LiDE 200 for Windows 11, 64 bit Dell computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CanoScan LiDE 200 for Windows 11, 64 bit Dell computer: Where I can find a driver for my new Dell 64 bit, Windows 11 computer to run my Canon CanoScan LiDE 200 scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canoscan-lide-200-for-windows-11-64-bit-dell/4ec66139-496b-4478-abfb-e9e2a777af1e
  3. CanoScan LiDE 200 for Windows 11, 64 bit Dell computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CanoScan LiDE 200 for Windows 11, 64 bit Dell computer: Where I can find a driver for my new Dell 64 bit, Windows 11 computer to run my Canon CanoScan LiDE 200 scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canoscan-lide-200-for-windows-11-64-bit-dell/4ec66139-496b-4478-abfb-e9e2a777af1e
  4. CanoScan 4200F for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CanoScan 4200F for Windows 10: I've looked through the threads but can't seem to find my answer. Today I inherited CanoScan 4200F, which isn't compatible with Windows 10. I've no installation CD and can't find any software online to help me get it working. Any ideas? 182719
  5. Windows 10 not compatible with CanoScan 4400F.

Windows 10 not compatible with CanoScan 4400F.: After updating to Windows 10, my scanner did not work. I have seen a possible solution but misplaced the directions. Can anyone help me? I need a scanner and the CanoScanner 4400F has been very useful until Windows 10 update....
  6. Difference between Canoscan Lide 120, 220 & 300 scanners?

Difference between Canoscan Lide 120, 220 & 300 scanners?: What are the differences please, on quality of scans etc. Thanks. 132755
  7. Difference between Canoscan Lide 120, 220 & 300 scanners?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between Canoscan Lide 120, 220 & 300 scanners?: What are the differences please, on quality of scans etc. Thanks. 132755
  8. Не запускается программа установки драйвера для сканера CANOScan LiDE 300

in Windows 10 Customization
    Не запускается программа установки драйвера для сканера CANOScan LiDE 300: При запуске программы установки драйвера для сканера CANOScan LiDE 300, установка прерывается сообщением "Эта программа не может использоваться в данной операционной системе". У меня установлена WINDOWS 10...
  9. How to install CanoScan on Windows 10

How to install CanoScan on Windows 10: I downloaded Cano Lide 120 on my Windows 10 but it does not work. It worked on Windows 7 just fine. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-canoscan-on-windows-10/32b4e4b5-0572-4898-9231-3d32f7e8c12c
  10. CanoScan LiDE 50 not working with Windows 10

CanoScan LiDE 50 not working with Windows 10: Hi, I'm trying to scan a test document with my CanoScan LiDE 50 and when I try to click Scan a message box pops up that says "Sources" with nothing in it. The buttons on my CanoScan also don't work. Please help. Thanks! Edit: I'm on the Windows 10 Creators Update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lide 35 windows 10

2. canoscan lide 35 windows 10

3. nu vot

4. canoscan lide 35 win 10,
  5. lide 35 driver for windows 10 32bit,
  6. lide 35 windows 10 driver,
  7. get my canoscan 35 working on Windows 10 64 bit,
  8. canoscan lide35 win10,
  9. windows 10 und canoscan lide 35,
  10. connect lide 35 windows 10,
  11. lide 35 with windows 10,