Windows 10: Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10

Discus and support Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys. I just came here from the excellent Win7 forums, where I've been for ages. A very happy customer. I recently upgraded from Win 7 ultimate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sean5302, Sep 5, 2018.

1. sean5302 Win User

Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10

Hello guys.

I just came here from the excellent Win7 forums, where I've been for ages. A very happy customer.

I recently upgraded from Win 7 ultimate to Win 10 pro via the free Microsoft upgrade. All went amazingly well with all my files and folders intact.

The only problem is that I have an expensive Canon canoscan 4200f scanner. Perfect on Win 7 64 bit but no driver for Win 10. I normally use Vuescan, which lists my model as being supported, but Vuescan (Hamrick) say I have to have the Canon driver first. Canon say:
    Canon will not issue drivers for this model to support the Windows 10 operating system. The Windows 7 drivers should function in the Windows 10 environment with some limitations which are currently unknown to Canon.
    I have tried using the Canon driver as is, and in compatibility mode but no good.
    Device manager shows the scanner but also shows no driver listed.
    Vuescan just can't "see" a usb scanner, so does nothing.
    Help, please.

:)

sean5302, Sep 5, 2018

2. Driver for CANOSCAN 4200F Windows 10/64bit

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

Let us check if the drivers for Windows 10 (x64) is available:

CanoScan 4200F

if not, you may try to install the driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility mode runs the driver using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the setup file and select
      Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous
      the version of Windows from the drop down list.

• Check the functionality.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Driver for CANOSCAN 4200F Windows 10/64bit

How and where can find:

Driver for CANOSCAN 4200F Windows 10/64bit

karlotomee, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Brettaboy Win User

In their wisdom, Canon have decided not to produce a Windows 10 driver for the 4200f scanner.

Original Title - Canon 4200f Driver

In their wisdom, Canon have decided not to produce a Windows 10 driver for the 4200f scanner. This means that I'll need to buy a new scanner unless somebody can suggest a work round.

Any takers?

Brettaboy, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10 - Similar Threads - Canoscan scanner 4200f

2. Win7 / Win 10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 / Win 10 Drivers: I have a Win7 machine with an IntelR Ethernet Connection 2 1219-v controller with Win10 on a Dual boot.Until last week I was able to boot into either OS. In a moment of gross stupidity I formatted my Win 10 SSD and then butchered my Clone backup.Attempting to do a fresh...
  3. Win7 / Win 10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 / Win 10 Drivers: I have a Win7 machine with an IntelR Ethernet Connection 2 1219-v controller with Win10 on a Dual boot.Until last week I was able to boot into either OS. In a moment of gross stupidity I formatted my Win 10 SSD and then butchered my Clone backup.Attempting to do a fresh...
  4. Win7 / Win 10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CanoScan 4200F for Windows 10

CanoScan 4200F for Windows 10: I've looked through the threads but can't seem to find my answer. Today I inherited CanoScan 4200F, which isn't compatible with Windows 10. I've no installation CD and can't find any software online to help me get it working. Any ideas? 182719
  6. CanoScan 8800f Scanner

CanoScan 8800f Scanner: Connected to Windows 10. It will only scan. Cannot get it to copy negatives or slides which it used to do with an earlier version of Windows on another laptop. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. CanoScan 4400F will not work with win 10. Help!

CanoScan 4400F will not work with win 10. Help!: I cannot get my scanner to work now in Win 10! It is a CanoScan 4400F! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canoscan-4400f-will-not-work-with-win-10-help/80a4e032-6b10-4d39-b0a1-b81c1286de04
  8. Noncompatibility of Canon Scanner CanoScan Lide25 with Window 10

Noncompatibility of Canon Scanner CanoScan Lide25 with Window 10: I have problem installing my Canon scanner to work with Window 10. My scanner is CanoScan lide25. The downloaded driver is not installing. My computer can't locate the scanner at all. Can someone please help me. My system is 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  9. Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10

Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10: Hello guys. I just came here from the excellent Win7 forums, where I've been for ages. A very happy customer. I recently upgraded from Win 7 ultimate to Win 10 pro via the free Microsoft upgrade. All went amazingly well with all my files and folders intact. The only...
  10. Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?

Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?: I haven't had the new PC delivered yet, but am wondering if, as Vista drivers for gaming hardware tended to be OK in Win7, should they and/or Win7 drivers work in Win10? Thinking of things like Saitek X52, Belkin Nostromo N52.. I could of course post to the various...