Windows 10: Canot Save In New Dir in IIS WWWROOT. Why?

Discus and support Canot Save In New Dir in IIS WWWROOT. Why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Do you know about IIS or should I look elsewhere? I just created a new dir in wwwroot and went to save an html file there and got a message I've no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, May 1, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

Canot Save In New Dir in IIS WWWROOT. Why?

Do you know about IIS or should I look elsewhere?

I just created a new dir in wwwroot and went to save an html file there and got a message I've no permissions to save there.

It is just that dir. I tried saving in some of the other already existing dirs and it saved alright.

I checked permissions - I'm logged on as admin- and admin and owner and sys have full permissions.

Any ideas?

Bit so very long since I did this I seem to have forgotten everything.

:)

abrogard, May 1, 2019

2. How to create a new file inside wwwroot folder in IIS?

I have enabled IIS on my windows 10 and I'm not able to create new files in wwwroot folder. When I'm on My Documents or any other folder in Windows and I right click I get a lot of options of files to create, but that context menu doesn't appear in folders inside "wwwroot" folder, I just get an option to create new folders, but not new files. I already tried to change its permissions but without success.

How to?

joaogdesigner, May 1, 2019
  3. AJAY_KH Win User
    REMOVAL OF IIS WHILE UPGRADING WINDOWS 10 OS (Recovery of wwwroot folder under C:\Inetpub)

Dear All,

I have online updated my Windows 10 OS. Prior to that I was having IIS Installed on it and the C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT folder was having various folders containing asp .net code.

After completion of update, IIS has also been removed and the sub folders like WWWROOT also.

This completely removed my all the Dot .Net projects. Now, I am unable to recover these folders from Windows.Old.

I searched the folders in Windows.Old folder. I have found the directory structure as It is. But the folder contains .tmp files and a fileattribute xml file referening to these tmp files(With the actual aspx form name in it).

Can any one tell that how can those folders retrieved.

Thanks you all

AJAY

AJAY_KH, May 1, 2019
  4. Canot Save In New Dir in IIS WWWROOT. Why?

dir Difficulties

I am getting the hang of this command set.

Maybe somebody know a work around that will list the three time stamps at one time.
    Theoretically dir /TC /TA /TW.
    dir will only show one of the three at one time.

To me it seems that the only way to get all three on a line is to run loop with output to file, then boiling down the three outputs to one line. Clumsy but maybe the only way to get the job done?

Thanks for any suggestions.

mikeincousa, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Canot Save In New Dir in IIS WWWROOT. Why?

1. Canot Save In New Dir in IIS WWWROOT. Why? - Similar Threads - Canot Save Dir

2. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  3. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  4. iis c content dir keeps reverting to Different computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iis c content dir keeps reverting to Different computer: IIS is configured to work with SCCM to deploy patches to field personnel. IIS Default web site > content dir keeps reverting to sccm Different computer sccm host it should point to local computer d:\wsus\wsuscontent...
  5. iis c content dir keeps reverting to Different computer

iis c content dir keeps reverting to Different computer: IIS is configured to work with SCCM to deploy patches to field personnel. IIS Default web site > content dir keeps reverting to sccm Different computer sccm host it should point to local computer d:\wsus\wsuscontent...
  6. canot see my harddrive in the window

canot see my harddrive in the window: i have "Assus proart x570 motherboard ,window 10 op 64 bit system. I have install hard drive. i canot see this hard drve in window or in motherboard startup page.. Please help me to resolve this problem. Thanks....
  7. DIR commands

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DIR commands: So recently I used the DIR commands to be able to see hidden and Invisible files, is there any way to revert this? submitted by /u/Creeper_King_558 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inyfq2/dir_commands/
  8. Win 10 canot be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 canot be installed: hi after i build my new pc z390 Msi ace samsung evo970 plus 500g 2080ti asus oc rog strix 16 g g.skill 3600 ddr4 ram for the first time the win refuse to load from usp flash after search i adjust few settings and it load to install but after install win it stuck at...
  9. iis disabled add new website

in Windows 10 Customization
    iis disabled add new website: After enabling IIS, I do not see Default Website under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ and when I try to use a Create Website dialog, some of the options are missing and an OK button is disabled grayed out. I enabled and disabled IIS with ALL options several times, with all required...
  10. dir Difficulties

in Windows 10 Support
    dir Difficulties: I am seeking to sort files with dir. Creation date and time is my most primary interest. This has been my primary guide. MS-DOS dir command help I have tried a number of these commands in Powershell and Admin Powershell The simple one element wild card ones work okay. Ex...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to save in wwwroot dir