Windows 10: Cant able to activate window due to Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM key

Discus and support Cant able to activate window due to Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got a new hard disk from manufacture, because of some issue to with old one. The new hard disk is provided with window as well as key, the window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tushar keshav, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Cant able to activate window due to Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM key

I got a new hard disk from manufacture, because of some issue to with old one.

The new hard disk is provided with window as well as key, the window 1709 is activated by digital liscense(shown in Activation menu)

When i collect info from SHOWKEY PLUS about the key, it show "Win 10 RTM Professional OEMCant able to activate window due to Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM key :DM"

Now when I update window using Microsoft update tool (other methods - using media creation tool also tried), then the Activation failed, and when i manually tried to enter that key, it says you cant able to activate window as product key is not valid with this version. Then, i rollback to previous version, then it show Window is activated using digital license

I dont understand why i am unable to activate window.

Also my laptop dont come with pre-installed window.

Please anybody explain "Is there difference between window given by manufacturer and window provided by Microsoft ?"

Also, tell now how to activate window provided by microsoft using this key.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Tushar keshav, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Tartaros Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

Is there any way to activate a oem key in a win 7 wich has not been installed with the oem disk? The key is the one wich came with the computer and I installed version that matchs with it, so there wouldn't be any problem of using any other disk of win 7, but it doesn't activate.

Tartaros, Nov 6, 2018
  3. jsalpha2 Win User
    Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Cant able to activate window due to Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM key

activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Cant able to activate window due to Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM key

1. Cant able to activate window due to Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM key - Similar Threads - Cant able activate

2. OEM Key not Activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Key not Activated: I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 but OEM Windows 7 Home Premium key by Sony Corporation, enter product key is say Key is invalid. I checked specs page is Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Windows and installed same edition but Windows say I have 3 days to activate Windows,...
  3. Win10 RTM Professional Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 RTM Professional Retail: I just reinstall windows 10 on my laptop and i entered product key from my brother CD. Disc inside cover says "WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR OEM SOFTWARE". I discovered later that it is illegal to resell and buy OEM or Volume license. But when i check my windows version it says "Win10...
  4. Win10 RTM Professional Retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 RTM Professional Retail: I just reinstall windows 10 on my laptop and i entered product key from my brother CD. Disc inside cover says "WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR OEM SOFTWARE". I discovered later that it is illegal to resell and buy OEM or Volume license. But when i check my windows version it says "Win10...
  5. Win10 RTM Professional Retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can a Win 10 RTM Professional Retail License be sold legally?

Can a Win 10 RTM Professional Retail License be sold legally?: Hello if I buy a Win 10 RTM Professional Retail License key, can I resell this legally or does this violate the terms and conditions?Thank you in advance!...
  7. how to activate win 10 pro oem product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to activate win 10 pro oem product key: Today i have installed windows 10 pro oem via network push some where around 70 desktop's now i am having 70 different oem product key in normal scenario i have to type every single product key to activate the product is there any work around i can activate the product in...
  8. Activating windows with OEM key due to damaged hard disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activating windows with OEM key due to damaged hard disk: I have my laptop which is registered with windows 10 digital license. Somehow my hard disk is damaged and i am currently on a different OS for time being but i want to switch to Windows 10 home as before. So i am thinking of doing the same. Can i do it using the OEM key which...
  9. Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail

Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail: What is Win 10 RTM Professional Retail? How is it different from Windows 10 Home? Will you suggest me to change my laptop product key from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 RTM Professional Retail? What benefits would I get in Windows 10 RTM Professional Retail?...
  10. WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE

WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE: Hey guys, i came across this problem recently on a laptop i'm working on. Seems that this laptop came with a win 8 OEM key which is bounded to the MB. HP ENVY Touchsmart is the laptop, now it is running win 10 pro (they probably updated in the past but now it has 2x keys) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oem dm windows 10