Windows 10: cant able to change pc settings issue with update

Discus and support cant able to change pc settings issue with update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when i try to change my personalization settings i'm getting like "you need to active windows before you can personalize your pc" what should i do now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by satishreddytetali, Jun 25, 2019.

1. cant able to change pc settings issue with update

when i try to change my personalization settings i'm getting like "you need to active windows before you can personalize your pc" what should i do now

:)

satishreddytetali, Jun 25, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 25, 2019
  4. cant able to change pc settings issue with update

NOT ABLE TO VIEW MY SETTINGS FOR WIFI, UPDATE SETTINGS,

Hello Siddharth,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Now, to be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any recent changes to the computer apart from the Windows update, prior to the issue?
    • Did you see any other functionality issues before this one came up? Or was it an abrupt event?
    • What is the edition of windows 10 installed in your computer?
    • Does the same issue occurs with all the other users in the computer?
    • Do you have a System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?
    • What are the relevant error messages which you receive?
    • Do you have any third party antivirus/firewall software installed in your computer?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the particular Windows update are you referring to.

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.

1. Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
    cant able to change pc settings issue with update Windows_Key.png
    +
    I.

2. Click/tap Change PC settings.

3. Click on the Update and recovery and click on the
    View your update history

4. You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
    "Successfully installed on (date)" links , you will find more details for that update.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

cant able to change pc settings issue with update

1. cant able to change pc settings issue with update - Similar Threads - cant able change

2. Cant Change PC name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Change PC name: I changed the name of my computer on windows 11 and i cannot change it at all anymore. i was experimenting and now i cannot change it back. how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-pc-name/35e1b145-0950-44c1-a513-c030ed993122
  3. Cant Change PC name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Change PC name: I changed the name of my computer on windows 11 and i cannot change it at all anymore. i was experimenting and now i cannot change it back. how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-pc-name/35e1b145-0950-44c1-a513-c030ed993122
  4. I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background: Hello I have a problem with Sea of Thieves, a game that cannot be executed in the background so I want to change it but i dont know where the option in configuration is. I have Windows 11, and i didn't find a good answer in google so here I am.Thanks.Cheers...
  5. I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background

I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background: Hello I have a problem with Sea of Thieves, a game that cannot be executed in the background so I want to change it but i dont know where the option in configuration is. I have Windows 11, and i didn't find a good answer in google so here I am.Thanks.Cheers...
  6. Cant change pc owner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change pc owner: My kid signed into my laptop yesterday with his ms account. Somehow its taken over as the owner of the pc and I cannot change it back. I was not using a ms account on the pc before, just a pin to get in. When I go into the usual account settings, there are no options to...
  7. Cant change pc owner

Cant change pc owner: My kid signed into my laptop yesterday with his ms account. Somehow its taken over as the owner of the pc and I cannot change it back. I was not using a ms account on the pc before, just a pin to get in. When I go into the usual account settings, there are no options to...
  8. PC says im admin but cant change settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC says im admin but cant change settings: So my PC says im admin and I want to set up my anti virus to scan my PC cause i keep getting a error at start up and need to scan my PC. I want to turn real time on but I cant anyone know how to fix it. See images below...
  9. cant change any settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant change any settings: when i try and change my privacy and online safety settings it comes up with "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." can someone help me and tell me a way of fixing this?...
  10. Cant change DNS settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change DNS settings: Trying to add a new DNS IP address. Go to the adapter, go to the IPV4 properties and advanced and add the new DNS IP address. Every thing is fine until I close the adaptor window and it pops up an error "an unexpected condition occurred, not all of your requested changes in...