Windows 10: Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition!

Discus and support Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was making another partition to free some space but so when I right-clicked on it and clicked on New simple volume. When I clicked on finish at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mohammed Abdul Haadi Bin, May 25, 2023.

1. Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition!

I was making another partition to free some space but so when I right-clicked on it and clicked on New simple volume. When I clicked on finish at the end of the wizard I got when creating, a message came saying: I clicked on yes but the it shows this message saying this:So how can I fix this, feel free to help me!

:)

Mohammed Abdul Haadi Bin, May 25, 2023

2. unable to change unallocated space to primary partition or logical partition.

1) Are you able to view the unallocated 100 Gb memory space in the Disk management?

Yes, checked that before posting.

2) How exactly you are trying to change the unallocated space to primary or logical drive?

Open EaseUS Partition Master, highlight the unallocated partition. If it is a primary partition click on "Convert to logical" and if it is a logical partition click on "Convert to primary". Then click apply.

What about the question as to why, when I booted from the W10 ISO disk I was not given the option of where to install the OS? Thanks.

kemperhill, May 25, 2023
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 25, 2023
  4. Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition!

unable to change unallocated space to primary partition or logical partition.

I was going to install Windows 10 on a separate partition on my computer running Windows 7 Pro, SP1 x64.

I booted my computer from a W10 ISO and W10 was installed on my primary partition erasing my W7 install. It never gave me a choice and by the time I realized what was going on I was afraid to stop the install of @W10 because I was afraid I would have to
    do a fresh install of W7 and lose all my programs, apps, and utilities.

Once W10 was installed, I had already created a 100 GB partition for 10, I tried to use EaseUS partition master to merge the 100 GB partition back to the primary partition but I could not. Every time I would click on the 100 GB partition to create a partition
    I received a message to change another partition to logical and try again. I only had three partitions on the HD. One was where the OS was installed, another was a 20 GB partition I keep some files on, and the 100 GB unallocated partition. So I changed
    the 20 GB partition to logical and still could not create a partition on the 100 GB. I kept getting the same message. So I tried to change the 20 GB partition from logical back to primary and couldn't. Would get the same message.

So, I reverted back to my W7 OS.

Question? why could I not change the 100 GB unallocated partition to anything. Couldn't change it to primary or logical. And why, when I had changed the 20 GB partition to logical, to try to change the 100 GB partition to primary, could I not change it
    back to primary.

I thought one could have up to four primary partitions on an HD and then, others had to be logical.

I am really tired of Windows, but since I can't find another OS I want to use, I will have to use Windows until I can do so. I have three desktops, on laptop, and a tablet in my office and will have to have some OS on them to do what I have to do in my
    profession. I really wanted W10 on the 100 GB partition to play with it and see if I could learn to use is as Microsoft changed things so much from it previous OS's.

If anyone could answer the install question and the reason I could not change the partitions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

OP - Problem installing and using W10

kemperhill, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition!

1. Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition! - Similar Threads - Can't able unallocated

2. Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition!: I was making another partition to free some space but so when I right-clicked on it and clicked on New simple volume. When I clicked on finish at the end of the wizard I got when creating, a message came saying: I clicked on yes but the it shows this message saying this:So...
  3. Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't able to make an unallocated partition into a primary partition!: I was making another partition to free some space but so when I right-clicked on it and clicked on New simple volume. When I clicked on finish at the end of the wizard I got when creating, a message came saying: I clicked on yes but the it shows this message saying this:So...
  4. I Can't make a partition for unallocated space on my disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't make a partition for unallocated space on my disk.: My laptop's HDD has a total capacity of 1T, Divided into two partitions, Partition C " 150 GB " For Windows and Partition D " 850 GB ".I put an SSD hard drive in my laptop, Formatted partition C, and installed Windows 11 on the SSD drive.I want to make the HDD in one...
  5. I Can't make a partition for unallocated space on my disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't make a partition for unallocated space on my disk.: My laptop's HDD has a total capacity of 1T, Divided into two partitions, Partition C " 150 GB " For Windows and Partition D " 850 GB ".I put an SSD hard drive in my laptop, Formatted partition C, and installed Windows 11 on the SSD drive.I want to make the HDD in one...
  6. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  7. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Support
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  8. Unallocated Partitions?

Unallocated Partitions?: does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a benefit? also, under volume it shows "disk 0 partition 2" and "disk 0 partition 5", is there a reason why the partitions numbers...
  9. unallocated partition

unallocated partition: Not often I look in disk management, but now I see that I have an unallocated partition on my SSD. I am certain that in the past there was not such a thing. My question is what might be a possible reason that such a partition develops? 96903
  10. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition: After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD. When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is...