Windows 10: Can't able to setup windows hello face login

Discus and support Can't able to setup windows hello face login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Getting "Something went wrong" and says that It looks like you've already setup windows hello on another account. Remove face recognition from your... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sasi_07, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Sasi_07 Win User

Can't able to setup windows hello face login

Getting "Something went wrong" and says that It looks like you've already setup windows hello on another account. Remove face recognition from your other account, and then try.

I have read some of your team comments in portal, and tried but no luck.

I have logged in my Microsoft account and under devices removed all associated devices. After that I tried to do windows hello face login setup on another device. But this time also I'm getting same error.

What is final solution for this. ?

:)

Sasi_07, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Can't able to setup windows hello face login [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Can't able to setup windows hello face login

How to change default login setup- Laptop defaults to Hello Face to login with face... want it to be a password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the Sign-in options on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

Since you are unable to remove Windows Hello Face Recognition as you receive the error this option is currently unavailable. Let’s try few steps and see if we get the option to remove
    Windows Hello Face Recognition from the PC.

1. Press Windows + E to open
      File Explorer.
    2. On the left hand pane click on This PC.
    3. Now navigate to the location C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver

(Where C: is the drive where Windows is installed)
    4. Now look for the files HelloFace.inf and HelloFaceMigration.inf
    5. Right click on each file one by one and click on
      Install

Once you install the above files, go to Settings >
    Accounts
    > Sign-in options and see if you are able to remove
    Windows Hello Face Recognition.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't able to setup windows hello face login

1. Can't able to setup windows hello face login - Similar Threads - Can't able setup

2. CANNOT SETUP WINDOWS HELLO FACE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT SETUP WINDOWS HELLO FACE: Hi,I am arif from india and i am currently using lenova idepad 5.I wanted to set up my windows hello face but it is showing my camera is not compatible for windows hello face and i also cannot find windows hello face software device driver in device manager i already tried al...
  3. I can't setup windows hello face recognition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't setup windows hello face recognition.: I have a new HP Zbook Power G9 mobile work station. I installed face recognition without any problems, it was working perfectly fine. Then, I updated my pc to windows 11 and suddenly I couldn't setup windows hello face anymore. The PIN and fingerprint are working, the face...
  4. I can't setup windows hello face recognition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't setup windows hello face recognition.: I have a new HP Zbook Power G9 mobile work station. I installed face recognition without any problems, it was working perfectly fine. Then, I updated my pc to windows 11 and suddenly I couldn't setup windows hello face anymore. The PIN and fingerprint are working, the face...
  5. Hello face login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello face login: Hello there I bought Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL laptop a couple of days ago. My Hello Face is not working. My question whether its related to hardware about my camera or software that is not downloaded on my computer? Please for precise answer about this issue. Best...
  6. Windows Hello Face Setup not working

Windows Hello Face Setup not working: Hey guys! So I bought a computer four years ago and I love using windows hello to scan my face to log in and other stuff. However, I've now been having lots of problems with it and I've tried all kinds of things to fix it but nothing I've tried works. Every time I try to...
  7. Windows Hello Face Login

Windows Hello Face Login: i have an asus desktop which has an webcam so i thought windows hello face login would work but it said unavailable so i was a little dissapointed but still i wish microsoft makes it available for all laptops and desktop only face id...
  8. Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face

Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face: Hi, I have a new laptop with an IR camera and I'm unable to complete setup for Windows Hello Face. The IR camera flashes normally, and the camera image is displayed. However, the setup window will not draw a box around my face regardless of ambient light or background....
  9. Windows Hello Face Setup

Windows Hello Face Setup: Hello! I am having trouble setting up windows hello face. I tried to set it up but it says 'couldn't turn on camera" I have disabled the camera and have re enabled it and tried to update it but nothing works. I have an HP- laptop 14 dk0xxx. My computer supports windows face....
  10. I can't setup windows hello face

I can't setup windows hello face: I can't set up my windows hello face recognition. It says 'we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face'. My Microsoft camera is working perfectly. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3443 laptop. My system SKU is 0654. Will my laptop really won't support windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to setup windows hello it looks like youve already setup