Windows 10: Can't access a PC from Win10 if Windows7 is running on it.

Discus and support Can't access a PC from Win10 if Windows7 is running on it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't access from other machines one of my PCs in my home network 4 Computers while Windows7 is running on it. If Windows10 is running - no Problem!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarelBrazda, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Can't access a PC from Win10 if Windows7 is running on it.

I can't access from other machines one of my PCs in my home network 4 Computers while Windows7 is running on it. If Windows10 is running - no Problem!

:)

KarelBrazda, Mar 25, 2020

2. I have purchased a windows10 pc. I wish to keep my old windows7 pc. Can hackers access through my old windows7 pc?

Hackers can access through any OS.

With Windows 7 will just be a bit easier as there will be no more security updates.

Run a quality Anti Virus and complement it with a quality Anti Malware Product such as Malwarebytes.

Be prudent as to the sites you visit.

Don`t use the same Password for everything and make it a strong one.

Change it over time but keep a log book of them so you don`t forget them.

Be wary of Internet Banking and if you do make sure it has HTTPS beside it.

Frank N St31n, Mar 25, 2020
  3. doug4901 Win User
    Running IE11 and accessing a 192.168.0.x address

So sorry for the very late reply. I am not a well person.

I have tried the suggestions and these are my results. I have been slow, but things have got more complications as I tried more.

Most important: I have tried dozens of times (really!), and just now it worked and this is what I did, and had done many times before without luck.

• I ran IExplore.exe with admin rights
    • I entered 192.168.0.50:86 and that put me immediately into where I wanted to be with access to my 4 cameras.
    • I repeated the same steps 2 times more and failed.
    • My third attempt it worked again! What is the saying? .... "go figure!"

In all my (earlier dozs of attempts) where I tried your kind suggestions, this is what happened:

• If you add http:// or https:// in front of 192.168 does it change behaviour?

That made no difference. It still bumped me into Bing

• Can you set the camera to the normal subnet of your network?

I got myself totally confused on how to do this, and therefore I didn't progress far with your suggestion.

• When you first went to use IE 11 did you enable it in Windows features?

No I didn't, but when I checked in Progs, Windows settings, it was already ticked. But I still have to run IExplore.exe in admin.

• Windows key + R, type iexplore.exe -extoff

That was unsuccessful*Sad

Yes, in all instances.

I feel like a phoney as it is now working, albeit intermittently.

There must be something corrupted in my Win installation. A couple of Window updates ago, all my file structures looked fine, but I had to reinstall most of my programs. Thank you Microsoft. I've had a few strange things since then. One issue is that I can't log into my router. It's IP address is 192.168.0.1 . In Chrome, my usual browser, 192.168.0.1 gives me a no-connection error, and so does IE11. But here's the rub, if I go to my wife's PC, it always works!! Her PC and mine both run the same version of Win10, both Chrome, and we are on a wired Ethernet connection to our router.

I thank all for your help. I really do.

Regards,
    Doug

doug4901, Mar 25, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Can't access a PC from Win10 if Windows7 is running on it.

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Can't access a PC from Win10 if Windows7 is running on it.

1. Can't access a PC from Win10 if Windows7 is running on it. - Similar Threads - Can't access Win10

2. Win10 Update "This PC Can't run Windows 10"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Update "This PC Can't run Windows 10": Window 10 update refuses to update, claiming "This PC Can't run Windows 10." System Reserve disk E: has 516MB free. Windows Explorer shows zero files in E:. I wonder if E: has been been inadvertently altered. What must I do to update Windows 10 v 1903. Details Windows 10...
  3. Win10 Update "This PC Can't run Windows 10"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Update "This PC Can't run Windows 10": Window 10 update refuses to update, claiming "This PC Can't run Windows 10." System Reserve disk E: has 516MB free. Windows Explorer shows zero files in E:. I wonder if E: has been been inadvertently altered. What must I do to update Windows 10 v 1903. Details Windows 10...
  4. Win10 Update "This PC Can't run Windows 10"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dolby access for win10, setup Dolby access for home theater, can't run it from the app or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby access for win10, setup Dolby access for home theater, can't run it from the app or...: Dolby access for win10, setup Dolby access for home theater, can't run it from the app or from sound settings.GPU AMD RX580 8 GB VRAMI bought the access pack about a month ago, worked fine until this week, today 12/30/2022When I open Dolby access, all I get is open settings,...
  6. Dolby access for win10, setup Dolby access for home theater, can't run it from the app or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby access for win10, setup Dolby access for home theater, can't run it from the app or...: Dolby access for win10, setup Dolby access for home theater, can't run it from the app or from sound settings.GPU AMD RX580 8 GB VRAMI bought the access pack about a month ago, worked fine until this week, today 12/30/2022When I open Dolby access, all I get is open settings,...
  7. Dolby access for win10, setup Dolby access for home theater, can't run it from the app or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Error msg: This PC can't run Windows 10? But it is running Win10.

Error msg: This PC can't run Windows 10? But it is running Win10.: I try to do Upgrade install after boot from USB, get the Compatibility report. So I start Win normally and run setup.exe on the USB. Then I get the mysterious "This PC can't run Windows 10." error. However, the PC is running Win 10. So I can't install Win 10 with the...
  9. Win10 Update "This PC Can't run Windows 10"

Win10 Update "This PC Can't run Windows 10": Trying to update a computer running windows 10 home. It is an HP computer that came pre-installed with Windows 7 home and was upgraded to windows 10 when it became available. When I try to run updates I get errors that the updates failed. After digging through everything, I...
  10. Problem with accessing network shares on Win10 pc from Win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with accessing network shares on Win10 pc from Win10 laptop: So I'm having a problem that appeared fairly recently (about a week ago). I have shared some directories on my PC that I use as a file server, and I have mounted those as network drives on my laptop. This allows me to play my entire Steam library from the server, which has...