Windows 10: Can't access a shared folder on other servers after configuring the mobile hotspot

Discus and support Can't access a shared folder on other servers after configuring the mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning, After attempting to configure a mobile hotspot using this tutorial:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pedro Fernandes PT, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Can't access a shared folder on other servers after configuring the mobile hotspot

Good morning,

After attempting to configure a mobile hotspot using this tutorial:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-your-windows-10-pc-wireless-hotspot

it's impossible to access any shared folder.

To narrow down the cause of my problem please be advise that,I did not complete the tutorial

I did not do this:
    NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase

and only did this:
    NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork

Well I realized the cause for the issue I did this:

NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode= disallow

and this:

NETSH WLAN stop hostednetwork

and finally in my frustration followed the tutorial and did this from the tutorial site:

How to disable a wireless Hosted Network in Windows 10

While the setup of a wireless Hosted Network in Windows 10 is not very complicated, Microsoft doesn't make very straightforward to remove the configurations when you no longer need the feature.

Although you can use the stop or disallow commands, these actions won't eliminate the settings from your computer. If you want completely delete the Hosted Network settings in Windows 10, you'll need to modify the Registry.

Important: Before you change anything settings on your computer, it's worth noting that editing the Windows Registry can be a dangerous game that can cause irreversible damages to your system if you don't know what you are doing. As such, it's recommended for you to make a full backup of your system or at least System Restore Point before proceeding with this guide. You have been warned!

Open the Start menu, do a search for regedit, hit Enter, and click OK to open the Registry with admin rights.

Scroll down the following path in the Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\wlansvc\parameters\hostednetworksettings

Right-click the HostedNetworkSettings DWORD key, select Delete, and click Yes to confirm deletion.

Restart your computer

Open to the Command Prompt and use the following command:

NETSH WLAN show hostednetwork

You will know that you have successfully deleted the settings when the Settings field reads Not configured.

----------------

I can confirm that I followed the tutorial properly and that although I get the same result as the tutorial, the same image the shared folder still show up as unavailable.

Can you, please, advise on what I should do?

:)

Pedro Fernandes PT, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Joe Men Win User

Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Network & wireless.
    • Tap Mobile hotspot.
    • Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Dec 20, 2019
  3. can not access mobile hotspot

Hi Snehashis Mohapatra,

first of all try restarting the PC and try again. Otherwise follow this procedure: Go to network connections, access the properties of the network adapter connected to the internet> Sharing tab, enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and confirm by
    pressing OK. Skip this step if ICS is already enabled.) Return to the Sharing tab and disable ICS and confirm by pressing OK.
    Enable the mobile hotspot from the Settings panel and try again.

Note: when using the mobile hotspot, the checkboxes on the Sharing tab must remain unchecked, otherwise the mobile hotspot will not work.

franco d'esaro, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Can't access a shared folder on other servers after configuring the mobile hotspot

Mobile hotspot??

Hi,

Seeing other Wi-Fi range on your device is normal, especially, other devices that are configured for mobile hotspot. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Where did you see the Wi-Fi name and password? A screenshot of it is highly appreciated.
    • Does your mobile hotspot name and password is also shown on it?
    • Are you getting any connection issues on your mobile hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't access a shared folder on other servers after configuring the mobile hotspot

1. Can't access a shared folder on other servers after configuring the mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - Can't access shared

2. after share mobile hotspot whole computer no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after share mobile hotspot whole computer no internet: this was my customer told me i only try on it ,it happen in latest window update pc window 10 pro 19044.1766 21H2the pc work normal without open the mobile hotspot .after open it whole pc could not get any internet accessbut the network icon didnt show any error on it,and the...
  3. after share mobile hotspot whole computer no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after share mobile hotspot whole computer no internet: this was my customer told me i only try on it ,it happen in latest window update pc window 10 pro 19044.1766 21H2the pc work normal without open the mobile hotspot .after open it whole pc could not get any internet accessbut the network icon didnt show any error on it,and the...
  4. after share mobile hotspot whole computer no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile hotspot not giving internet access to other devices?

Mobile hotspot not giving internet access to other devices?: Hey all; this is a problem I just recently had today, that being whenever I use the mobile hotspot feature on my Windows 10 desktop, the devices that are connected to said hotspot don't actually receive any internet connection whatsoever. My laptop says "No internet,...
  6. can't access Shared folders on windows server 2012

can't access Shared folders on windows server 2012: I make a driver(F:) on our company's windows server2012 pc as shared folder, and in the [advanced security setting] of F driver, I set the shared feature to <Everyone>, and set the authority to groups and some users(with password) premiusly created. The server's address...
  7. Mobile hotspot sharing from

Mobile hotspot sharing from: How do i set this up in laptop. Under the sharing from box it dont have choice of cellular network even though the cell phone is in available Wi-Fi networks just wont connect 135229
  8. can not access mobile hotspot

can not access mobile hotspot: When ever i update my windows then after I unable to access mobile hotspot option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-access-mobile-hotspot/98d7c862-d62f-4320-9bf7-f0c8cb1d99b6
  9. can't access internet through mobile hotspot.

can't access internet through mobile hotspot.: i recently activated Mobile hotspot option in my windows 10 pro in my laptop. but when i try to access the wifi from my mobile device ,it gives the message as "obtaining IP address" but it never connects. i even tried with through other devices but the same problem occurs....
  10. "Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error

"Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error: How can I fix this error? I'm connected through Ethernet cable and my network card supposed to host the wireless network is the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265", whose driver is updated to the latest version (20.70.0.5), running on an updated Windows 10 Home x64 v1803...