Windows 10: Can't access appdata folder on an account that no longer exists on my computer. (But I can...

Discus and support Can't access appdata folder on an account that no longer exists on my computer. (But I can... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have access to all of my account, let's call it /absol1, however, I had an old account that was /absol2. I can go into c:/users/absol2 and browse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SirAbsol, Feb 4, 2019.

1. SirAbsol Win User

Can't access appdata folder on an account that no longer exists on my computer. (But I can...

I have access to all of my account, let's call it /absol1, however, I had an old account that was /absol2. I can go into c:/users/absol2 and browse around, but when I try to access the appdata folder (I have files in there I want to access) it says "Windows can't find c:\users\absol2\AppData\Roaming" and when I click on a shortcut that links to it it says that "the drive or network connection that 'shortcut' refers to is unavailable". Any idea how I can access that? I would really appreciate it.

:)

SirAbsol, Feb 4, 2019

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    How do I access the appdata folder when it is not my C:\ drive?

Its a hidden folder by default. You need to enable hidden files and folders. You can navigate to it though by typing in the path or if you are logged in under the user account in question in explorer just click on the navigation bar and type %appdata% its a system variable so it will open it right up.

Solaris17, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Can't access appdata folder on an account that no longer exists on my computer. (But I can...

deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Can't access appdata folder on an account that no longer exists on my computer. (But I can...

1. Can't access appdata folder on an account that no longer exists on my computer. (But I can... - Similar Threads - Can't access appdata

2. A game that I downloaded on my computer is no longer on my account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A game that I downloaded on my computer is no longer on my account.: I tried playing minecraft windows 10 edition, and it said that it was not on my account, even though I've had it since the day it came out. I tried looking in these forums for an explanation, but all of them were with recently bought, payed for games. I was given this game...
  3. I accidently deleted my AppData folder...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidently deleted my AppData folder...: Yup...The title says it all. I saw it would give some more storage and thought to myself: Windows would not delete any important files would it now? I was wrong. My pathfinder is gone. Some of my homework is gone. A lot of files, apps etc. I am really depressed and i do not...
  4. I can't access my original account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't access my original account.: "We can't sign in to your account" message was displayed at first . I followed Tutorials which claimed to solve the problem which asked to delete temporary profile and delete the extension from the corrupted profile , which didn't worked hence I tried myself by replacing...
  5. Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists: I have an email account through a university I no longer attend that is included in my list of accounts. I receive constant notifications saying that I need to "update the password" for this account, but I can't because the account no longer exists. I also can't delete the...
  6. I can't access my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't access my computer.: After downloading what was supposed to be "DriverUpdatePlus" from Microsoft I can't access my computer. It won't let me enter my password or respond in any way. Have I made a bad mistake and downloaded a virus, malware or something?...
  7. Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.: I tried connecting to 2 different computer via Ethernet cable and WiFi but their pc can't be accessed and is requiring user/password login or network credentials to access. The settings Turn off password protected sharing and Use user accounts and passwords to connect to...
  8. can no longer access my Windows 10 account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can no longer access my Windows 10 account...: A couple of days ago I posted regarding eliminating a user profile if the files it contained were shared by another profile (Are shared documents and files removed from PC if one account deleted? - Windows 10 Forums) Yesterday I deleted the account C:\Users\Person A....
  9. I can no longer access my midi on usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can no longer access my midi on usb: I can no longer access my midi on usb. It worked well on earlier OS, it has been sketchy since I moved over to W10, it would lose my midi ports or they would lock up with a memory problem. I could fiddle around with things sometimes and get it back but I can no longer do that...
  10. Showing folders that no longer exist.

in Windows 10 Support
    Showing folders that no longer exist.: I deleted a handful of folders a couple days ago while under Win7x64, now i've upped to Win10 it's showing those folders under pictures. obviously i can't access folders that don't exist, which also means I can't delete them, because they don't exist......but they are still...