Windows 10: Can't Access Available Networks

Discus and support Can't Access Available Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey!I have had this issue of not being able to see my networks for a few weeks but it didn't really concern me until I changed my wifi provider. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richyme8, Aug 14, 2021.

1. richyme8 Win User

Can't Access Available Networks

Hey!I have had this issue of not being able to see my networks for a few weeks but it didn't really concern me until I changed my wifi provider. Now I can't access the internet on my laptop.This also goes for the start menu and search buttons on the taskbar. I can still access search via win key + sHere is a gif of what happensClick MeIt essentially opens but then closes.The start menu doesn't even do anything though. It has me pretty stumped.

:)

richyme8, Aug 14, 2021

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Aug 14, 2021
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 14, 2021
  4. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't Access Available Networks - Similar Threads - Can't Access Available

2. Can't access WiFi networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access WiFi networks.: I have recently come back from a holiday, but before I left I had changed something in cmd to do with sfc wireless mode, and now I cannot access any WiFi services, they do not show up at all, I have tried disabling and enabling, resetting my network, and my pc, still with no...
  3. Accessing 'setting' to access wifi networks available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing 'setting' to access wifi networks available: I am unable to use windows icon to access 'settings'. If I right click it takes me to a board with 'settings' on it but after clicking 'settings' nothing happens....
  4. Accessing 'setting' to access wifi networks available

Accessing 'setting' to access wifi networks available: I am unable to use windows icon to access 'settings'. If I right click it takes me to a board with 'settings' on it but after clicking 'settings' nothing happens....
  5. Accessing 'setting' to access wifi networks available

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't access folder on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access folder on network: Hi,I try to share folders between two pc on my network. I still have the "can't access PC/folder because no permission" message.The folder shared properties is set to full control, read, write for everybody.I've tried several times the settings with the smb like shown in...
  7. Can't access folder on network

Can't access folder on network: Hi,I try to share folders between two pc on my network. I still have the "can't access PC/folder because no permission" message.The folder shared properties is set to full control, read, write for everybody.I've tried several times the settings with the smb like shown in...
  8. Can't access mapped network drive by name - "The specified network name is no longer available"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access mapped network drive by name - "The specified network name is no longer available": Hello, recently I'm having a hard time accessing a network mapped drive by name. Access by IP works just fine, by name rarely works, always gives us a error "The specified network name is no longer available". I've managed to track down when it all started going wrong, and...
  9. Can't access network drives

Can't access network drives: Hello, I have a very peculiar issue that in my 28 years of experience using Windows, never seen it before. I have two systems: Windows 10 Business on Surface Book 2 Windows 10 Business on VM In both systems I am logged in with the same AzureAD account. Both systems...
  10. Can't access network drive

Can't access network drive: I did a clean install of 1809 on my secondary system a couple of days ago to get rid of an untraceable problem that caused WD to shut down. The WD problem was solved, but I am now unable to access a drive (E:) from other PCs. Another drive (F:) is immediately accessible on...