Windows 10: Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment

Discus and support Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E335 was originally supplied as a BIOS/MBR system with the ability to reconfigure as UEFI. Mainly out of curiosity I recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fixer, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Fixer Win User

Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment

This Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E335 was originally supplied as a BIOS/MBR system with the ability to reconfigure as UEFI. Mainly out of curiosity I recently tried that and it worked fine, but having satisfied my curiosity I decided to revert to MBR. The process required a few BIOS settings to be reverted and worked fine - until I needed to access BIOS again!..I can now no longer interrupt the boot process with the Enter key to reset date/time, boot order, etc, etc and need an 'outside the box' solution to regain BIOS access. I have already tried killing all power and letting the BIOS reset itself but that hasn't worked, and tried booting with the hard disk removed. I have also tried every conceivable key combination, including Del and Shift F2, and am now out of ideas. Hope someone here has some!

BTW, I realise this isn't a Win 10 problem but came here as the site attracts many highly experienced guys and gals.

:)

Fixer, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Erikkui Win User

can't seem to access uefi bios on windows 10

You can access BIOS/UEFI by following these steps:<br/>

1. Open Start menu and click "Power".
    2. Hold down SHIFT and click "Restart". Instead of rebooting, Windows should

show blue boot options menu.
    3. From there go to Troubleshoot --> Advanced options --> UEFI firmaware settings.
    4. Press "Restart".

Now Windows should boot to BIOS/UEFI.

You can also try to go to Windows settings --> Update & security --> Recovery and from there under the "Advanced startup" select "Restart now". That should take you to the same boot options menu mentioned earlier.

If you haven't already, you should also download nVidia GeForce Experience from Aktualisiere Treiber und optimiere Spieleinstellungen. It will help you to keep your video drivers up to date. It also has other handy features like screen recording and FPS counter.

Erikkui, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Uefi access

When I try to access my UEFI on a Windows 10

1. Navigate to settings. ...
    2. Select Update & security.
    3. Select Recovery from the left menu.
    4. Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. ...
    5. Click Troubleshoot.
    6. Click Advanced options.
    7. Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
    8. Click Restart.
    The screen goes blank and stays blank for ever, I have to reboot to start windows.
    I updated my UEFI/BIOS after upgrading my OS from 8.1 to Win10 I found out later I should have updated the UEFI/BIOS
    first then Win10, I have to access the UEFI/BIOS to change the boot sequence to access my USB WD hard drive BACKUP AND RECOVERY Win10
    I hope someone can help thank you in advance.
    More info Board: Acer IPXHW-RL 1.02
    Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
    UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-A3 07/16/2015 This is the latest UEFI/BIOS I upgraded to.
    I want to reinstall windows 10 and hope this will cure the problem?
    Regards

thepurejem, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment

Can`t access the BIOS on my pc

I`m trying to access the BIOS of my pc that is running on Windows 10 OS, but I can`t access at all.

this is a old pc and still has the old style of the BIOS and not the newer ones UEFI. Is anyone knows how to do it? Please!

Fabio_ninja, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment

1. Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment - Similar Threads - Can't access BIOS

2. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.: My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black and never boots, I cannot even access uefi menu after pressing esc keyI was using dual boot: windows 10 and pheonix os before...
  3. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.: My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black and never boots, I cannot even access uefi menu after pressing esc keyI was using dual boot: windows 10 and pheonix os before...
  4. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access bios or UEFI: I do not know if i am asking at the correct place, but i cannot access my bios or use uefi to. When i launch my PC windows 10, i click the backspace, but it does not lead to bios. it instaed leads to something else, where it gives mutiply options, but none leading to bios....
  6. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access bios or UEFI: I do not know if i am asking at the correct place, but i cannot access my bios or use uefi to. When i launch my PC windows 10, i click the backspace, but it does not lead to bios. it instaed leads to something else, where it gives mutiply options, but none leading to bios....
  7. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Absolutely unable to access UEFI/BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Absolutely unable to access UEFI/BIOS: Hello, I am trying to access UEFI/BIOS to enable Virtualization, my BIOS mode is indeed UEFI, I turned off fast start-up mode, I have done all of the ways I could find to access UEFI but it just doesn't show up as an option in troubleshooting. I need help to access UEFI....
  9. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.: My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black and never boots, I cannot even access uefi menu after pressing esc key I was using dual boot: windows 10 and pheonix os...
  10. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...