Windows 10: Can't access BIOS at startup with Vive Pro plugged in

Discus and support Can't access BIOS at startup with Vive Pro plugged in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As title says, on Windows restart/reboot, I can't access BIOS at all when my Vive Pro is plugged in. No POST screen appears, I just go straight into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imacken, Nov 17, 2018.

1. imacken Win User

Can't access BIOS at startup with Vive Pro plugged in

As title says, on Windows restart/reboot, I can't access BIOS at all when my Vive Pro is plugged in. No POST screen appears, I just go straight into Windows. No amount of pressing DEL or F2 does anything.
    If I unplug the Vive, everything is back to normal.
    Any ideas?

:)

imacken, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 17, 2018
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Can't access BIOS at startup with Vive Pro plugged in

entering Bios settings

Hi Geoff,

To access BIOS settings under Windows 10 operating system, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Update & security, select Recovery then under
      Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, then click
      UEFI Firmware Settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Gemzon Mar, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't access BIOS at startup with Vive Pro plugged in

1. Can't access BIOS at startup with Vive Pro plugged in - Similar Threads - Can't access BIOS

2. Can't access bios or advanced startup on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access bios or advanced startup on windows 11: I don't know if its a bug or this is how windows 11 is, I just can't access my bios nor the advanced startup, if I boot the computer and spam the BIOS MODE delete key it just goes into a black screen and nothing happens it just stays black as long as I keep it running same...
  3. Can't access bios or advanced startup on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access bios or advanced startup on windows 11: I don't know if its a bug or this is how windows 11 is, I just can't access my bios nor the advanced startup, if I boot the computer and spam the BIOS MODE delete key it just goes into a black screen and nothing happens it just stays black as long as I keep it running same...
  4. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  5. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  6. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to access BIOS at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access BIOS at startup: I am converting from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, using a clean new disk and a new licence. I am having problems with a recent W 10 update, that introduced a problem with a 'PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller - Driver'. (See another thread). In Windows...
  8. Can't access bios anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access bios anymore: I was messing around trying to fix my dual booted windows 7 and now I can't access bios anymore. My pc is Asus with intel h110 chipset. I press f2 when restarting my pc and the bios password screen pops up I enter the password then continue pressing f2 but it just boots my...
  9. Can't access Startup Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access Startup Settings: I need to install an unsigned driver (MediaTek USB ports) into my desktop, a Lenovo ideacentre 510s-08ikl. When i boot to advanced boot options, everything works normally, but when i click "Restart" under Startup Settings, the screen goes black and the computer is still on as...
  10. I can't access BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't access BIOS: Hey... Yesterday I deleted ubuntu partition from my dual-boot system (windows 10). Just because ubuntu wouldn't disappear from my boot order in BIOS, I tried to drive it out by following this video : https://youtu.be/255ltqk7xDM Right after I finished, the problem broke...