Windows 10: Cant access BIOS - what to do now ?

Discus and support Cant access BIOS - what to do now ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my Gigabyte Z77-D3H rev1.0 motherboard based PC to Win10 without any problem and it ran for months very well. Recently I installed a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jules59, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Jules59 Win User

Cant access BIOS - what to do now ?

I upgraded my Gigabyte Z77-D3H rev1.0 motherboard based PC to Win10 without any problem and it ran for months very well.

Recently I installed a new graphics card MSI NVIDIA GTX970 and since then boot up has become very slow- On startup the motherboard graphic stays up for ages but I cant access the BIOS via the usual DEL keypress. After 3 (maybe 4) single beeps, each about 30 secs apart, I then get a blank screen for 20secs then the Win10 opening screen before it opens W10 proper. Once up, W10 runs ok.

Ive tried numerous ways to access the BIOS without success - inc turning off "fast startup"

Under PC settings - advanced options I have "System Restore, System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt, Startup Settings, Go back to previous build". I do NOT have the "UEFI Firmware setting" even though the motherboard has UEFI.

I dont know what to do next.

I have considered a clean reboot for W10 but havent found the time to devote to that task.

Any help will be gratefully received .

:)

Jules59, Feb 5, 2016
  2. Now-What- Win User

welcome screen and administrator

I purchased a display computer from a BJ's store that is relocating. (please, i'm already sort of regretting it). when I turn on the computer it welcomes me and says club 149 is my administrator, I don't want and would prefer to not have that as my administrator
    for this new laptop. can you reboot or remove and administrator. I look to the community for any help, and am thankful and hopeful in advance of resolving this issue.

Now-What-, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Operating system not found

I cant access bios, or my desktop at all in any way, how would i do this without either?

EthanKovach, Feb 5, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Try disconnecting all the hard drive(s) data cables and booting up without hard drives connected.

or remove the video card and try it with on board graphics.

NavyLCDR, Feb 5, 2016
  5. As for accessing the bios, if your keyboard is wireless, try a wired keyboard.

wreckwriter, Feb 5, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, and also make sure it is plugged into USB 2.0 port (black) rather than 3.0 (blue), if the motherboard has both.

NavyLCDR, Feb 5, 2016
  7. Jules59 Win User
    Thanks I'll try that first and let you know

Jules59, Feb 5, 2016
  8. Cant access BIOS - what to do now ?

Also, pay more attention to the beeps, they're codes which can help troubleshoot. Check this page for examples:

Computer POST and beep codes

wreckwriter, Feb 5, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    You could also try resetting the motherboard BIOS by removing the battery - your motherboard may have a button for this which is more convenient. Once you can enter the BIOS, select Load BIOS Defaults and check you can boot OK. The BIOS could be corrupt and need reflashing. Your Gigabyte motherboard has dual BIOS. There should be a switch on the motherboard to select the backup BIOS which may be worth a try. I read on a Forum that if you hold CTRL+F10 on boot you can copy from the Backup BIOS to the Main BIOS (ALT+F10) copies the Main BIOS to Backup BIOS.

I've enclosed my notes on Gigabyte BIOS recovery which may be useful.

Gigabyte BIOS Recovery Method.docx

Steve C, Feb 5, 2016
  10. If your still locked out, try this. Power down, unplug the power supply from the wall, press and hold the case power button for say 5 seconds to drain all power. Plug the power supply back into the wall outlet, boot up and spam your BIOS entry key on your keyboard.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant access BIOS - what to do now ? - Similar Threads - Cant access BIOS

2. Cant access BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access BIOS: When i restart my computer to access the BIOS or access via terminal it appears a black screen saying "input not supported" its working but i cant see nothing i can only select things random...
  3. Cant access BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access BIOS: When i restart my computer to access the BIOS or access via terminal it appears a black screen saying "input not supported" its working but i cant see nothing i can only select things random...
  4. I cant have a bios access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant have a bios access: Hey, recently i had a blue screen worth this error : whea uncorrectable error. After that i tried to restart my pc but i just have a black screen with an underscore at the middle left of my screen. I cant access to the bios and idk if my keyboard is working....
  5. cant access my bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant access my bios: when i restart and ch\lick the key on my keyboard it doesnt do anything. also when i restart through settings there is no option for bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-my-bios/35a6343d-8c96-4bc5-9da6-292898ff5677
  6. cant access my bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant access my bios: when i restart and ch\lick the key on my keyboard it doesnt do anything. also when i restart through settings there is no option for bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-my-bios/35a6343d-8c96-4bc5-9da6-292898ff5677
  7. cant access my bios

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cant access bios Dell Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant access bios Dell Desktop: I am trying to reinstall windows on my Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop PC. I have downloaded the media creation tool and prepared a bootab;le USB stick. However using F12 or F2 the optioons that pop up when I first power up I can't get into the Bios. 121426
  9. No bootable Device and Cant access BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    No bootable Device and Cant access BIOS: Hi I just downgrade my windows 8.1 toshiba laptop to windows 7. After reboot the notification was contastly appearing on my black screen and only stops when I press any key. I thought I done something in my Bios setting I think its the Bios setting option. I tried to access...
  10. No bootalbe Device and Cant access BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    No bootalbe Device and Cant access BIOS: Hi I just downgrade my windows 8.1 toshiba laptop to windows 7. After reboot the notification was contastly appearing on my black screen and only stops when I press any key. I thought I done something in my Bios setting I think its the Bios setting option. I tried to access...