Windows 10: Can’t access boot options in BIOS

Discus and support Can’t access boot options in BIOS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the BIOS I can’t get into the boot settings unless I have my HDD plugged in. So I took the HDD out and installed e SSD so that it could only launch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VeggieHater9, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Can’t access boot options in BIOS

In the BIOS I can’t get into the boot settings unless I have my HDD plugged in. So I took the HDD out and installed e SSD so that it could only launch off SSD and now in the bios it’s not even letting me choose what to use as boot option 1. If I check the boot sequence by pressing f2 it shows my SSD (970 evo plus) and then below it windows boot manager. Usually if I have the HDD plugged in it says “windows boot manager (WDC... which is the HDD)”. So two questions. 1. How do I get windows boot manager to use the SSD and 2. How do I get to access the boot options without the HDD plugged in.

Notes: The HDD is my c drive and startup drive and the system doesn’t let me startup off the SSD if both are in. Also the system only boots up if windows boot manager is the #1 option.

BIOS Settings and unaccessible boot options

Windows boot sequence

submitted by /u/VeggieHater9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VeggieHater9, Oct 8, 2020

2. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Oct 8, 2020
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Can’t access boot options in BIOS

Can`t access the BIOS on my pc

hi Vanessa Oca,

thanks to answer my question, first of all...

but the problem is since I upgrade my pc to windows 10 I cant get access into the BIOS.

when i was using the windows 7 was able to access if i would press the "del" a few times while the pc was booting up.

But now it doesn`t work, not even f8 that before would let me get into the boot menu....

what should I do?

I already have tried to the option of the troubleshooting "start-up repair" and still did not work.

and again i want to mention that this is not a UEFI bios, is the old type of BIOS.

Fabio_ninja, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Can’t access boot options in BIOS

1. Can’t access boot options in BIOS - Similar Threads - Can’t access boot

2. No option to boot from SSD in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to boot from SSD in BIOS: Hi.Recently I installed a 128GB SSD in my HP Pavillion gaming 15 ec009ax which earlier only had 1TB HDD installed. I migrated the Windows from HDD to SSD using the mini tool partition wizard but I can not set the SSD as the boot device in the BIOS. It only shows the HDD as...
  3. Can’t access boot menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access boot menu.: I have a HP Pro 3500 computer .Did a factory reset, something got messed up and I can’t get past the setup screen which shows up every time I turn my computer on. Keyboard and mouse doesn’t work on this screenI was messing around with UEFI settings now the boot menu and...
  4. Can’t access boot menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t access boot menu.: I have a HP Pro 3500 computer .Did a factory reset, something got messed up and I can’t get past the setup screen which shows up every time I turn my computer on. Keyboard and mouse doesn’t work on this screenI was messing around with UEFI settings now the boot menu and...
  5. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  6. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  7. can’t access bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can’t access bios: hello all in windows10 community, So i cannot access my bios, as when I hold shift and press restart, I do get to the blue screen where I can restart my system again to get to change the firmware settings. But when I do that, my keyboard and mouse turn back on, but my...
  8. Will not boot, will not allow access to BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will not boot, will not allow access to BIOS: This is not a BSOD, but I could not find another forum that fits my situation. If I need to take this question elsewhere please let me know. I am trying to resurrect an old PC of my Dad's. It is an old i3-530 CPU on a ASRock H55M Pro motherboard. I believe I updated it from...
  9. Can’t boot after exiting BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t boot after exiting BIOS: So I’ve been running into problem after problem after problem. It started off when my laptop froze out of nowhere so I turned it off and back on again and I noticed I wasn’t able to connect to wifi. I soon figured out that the wifi adapter in device manager wasn’t enabled. So...
  10. Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS: Hi, got a new Lenovo Yoga 720 with Win 10, was doing all the updates. I think the Intel Management Engine firmware update had a failure. It’s not listed in device manager and I can’t manually or automatically install a driver or see it in device manager. If I set intel PTT...