Windows 10: cant access c drive

Discus and support cant access c drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is this a windows 10 problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmSelbourne, Jul 30, 2018.

1. cant access c drive

Is this a windows 10 problem?

:)

EmSelbourne, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (Ccant access c drive :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Jul 30, 2018
  4. cant access c drive

Can use any administation tools or access c drive

Hello,

Are you able to login to Admin account?

If yes, I suggest you to try the above steps from Step 2 and check if you can access files from C drive.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

cant access c drive

1. cant access c drive - Similar Threads - cant access drive

2. No access to C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access to C: Drive: So essentially, I was tryna give access to a file, and I messed with security permissions which ended up making me lose access to my hard drive altogether. I've tried reinstalling Windows completely, using cmd prompt, reinstalling Windows 10, and then upgrading to Windows 11...
  3. No access to C: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No access to C: Drive: So essentially, I was tryna give access to a file, and I messed with security permissions which ended up making me lose access to my hard drive altogether. I've tried reinstalling Windows completely, using cmd prompt, reinstalling Windows 10, and then upgrading to Windows 11...
  4. I cant access my external hard disk C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant access my external hard disk C drive: I have an internal hard disk which i cant access, when try to boot it, it says preparing to repair disk and will load forever, I kept it like for 36 hours and nothing happened, so i tried to repair it with a bootable win 10 usb, but the usb also wont load it will get stuck at...
  5. I cant access my external hard disk C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant access my external hard disk C drive: I have an internal hard disk which i cant access, when try to boot it, it says preparing to repair disk and will load forever, I kept it like for 36 hours and nothing happened, so i tried to repair it with a bootable win 10 usb, but the usb also wont load it will get stuck at...
  6. cant acces C drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant acces C drive: bitdefender wont synch if admin priviledge not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-acces-c-drive/fe406615-35eb-40b8-b77d-d8216df1b3e3
  7. C:/ Drive No Access At All

C:/ Drive No Access At All: I Have Tried Multiple Ways To Gain Access Back To My Main User Account And Non Of Them Have Worked Each Time "Access Is Denied" Even With Administror Account and Safe Mode Control Panel. I Accidently Disabled All Permissions But Read On My leepa user account on c drive and...
  8. No Access to C Drive

No Access to C Drive: I'm not good with computers so I need help with a permissions problem on my C Drive. I wiped my laptop recently and tried to add a folder on my C Drive and tried to change it from a read-only file but it wouldn't let me. I tried following a few guides to give myself C Drive...
  9. No access to C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No access to C Drive: Split from this thread. You think you have problems? My "c" Drive has not worked or giving me access to it, as a result of the Windows download or upload to help in my "Windows Experience", I have not...that's NOT received any upgrades for security, version updates, apps,...
  10. C Drive not accessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C Drive not accessible: Hi. Windows 10 is installed in C drive. By mistake i changed the security settings and now neither i can access it nor i can install anything on it. I've attached few of the pictures. If you can help me in solving this issue i'll be really thankful to you. Thanks,...