Windows 10: Can't access certain features of my computer

Discus and support Can't access certain features of my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I have attempted to use my laptop's computer, but it is unable to be found, stating that it possibly could be blocked by antivirus software.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by QConaway, Jan 23, 2020.

1. QConaway Win User

Can't access certain features of my computer

Recently I have attempted to use my laptop's computer, but it is unable to be found, stating that it possibly could be blocked by antivirus software. While I don't have any antivirus installed, I attempted to go to "Virus and Threat Protection" settings in my computer. I am then blocked by a notification stating "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available". I have no idea what it means by this, as this is my personal computer that I have had for less than 6 months. It seems these issues could possibly be related, but it seems I have attempted almost every suggested solution with no results or progress. Is there anything other than factory resetting my computer that could fix this?

:)

QConaway, Jan 23, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    I can't use certain features on Forza Horizon 3 due to parental control.

Hi,

If you're using a child account, there are certain limitations imposed on your Xbox account. This could be the reasons as to why you can't access certain features on the game. To resolve this issue, you need to manage the privacy and online safety settings
    of your child account by using the parent account associated to it. To give you an idea, only the parent account is eligible to manage the privacy and online safety settings of the child account. To get started, kindly perform the following steps:

• Sign in the parent account on this link.
    • Select the Child account.
    • Make the changes that you need on the privacy and online safety settings.

Let us know with the result after performing the suggested solution above.

Ariel Acu, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Can't access certain features of my computer

Can't access certain websites in Win10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• As I understand you are unable to access certain websites, what websites are you not able to access?
    • Have you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't access certain features of my computer

1. Can't access certain features of my computer - Similar Threads - Can't access certain

2. can't access certain areas of yankeecandle.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access certain areas of yankeecandle.com: i hope someone can help with this... i can access yankeecandle.com, but i can't access certain areas when i click on sign on or register, or any of the departments candles, home fragrance, sale, etc, nothing happens i have this issue on my desktop win10 and laptop win11, but...
  3. can't access certain areas of yankeecandle.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't access certain areas of yankeecandle.com: i hope someone can help with this... i can access yankeecandle.com, but i can't access certain areas when i click on sign on or register, or any of the departments candles, home fragrance, sale, etc, nothing happens i have this issue on my desktop win10 and laptop win11, but...
  4. My computer can't access certain websites and use some apps or features that requires wifi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer can't access certain websites and use some apps or features that requires wifi...: I got a horrible problem with my computeror probably my wifi network, or the link between them.When it is connected with a certain wifi network, it allowed me to access some websites and apps example : youtube.com, facebook.com, remnote.com.On the other hand, i couldn't...
  5. My computer can't access certain websites and use some apps or features that requires wifi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer can't access certain websites and use some apps or features that requires wifi...: I got a horrible problem with my computeror probably my wifi network, or the link between them.When it is connected with a certain wifi network, it allowed me to access some websites and apps example : youtube.com, facebook.com, remnote.com.On the other hand, i couldn't...
  6. My computer can't access certain websites and use some apps or features that requires wifi...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Sudden Access denied to certain websites on my computer

Sudden Access denied to certain websites on my computer: While on my PC at night, my computer all of sudden lost access to certain websites and I tried a going to reset now and do Clean boot, and still same thing.Such as login.live.com is a website that I can't access, won't allow me to login to my Microsoft account not matter what...
  8. Can't access my Settings and many other important features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access my Settings and many other important features: Hi, I've been having issues with my Windows 10 for some time now and have tried many different ways to try to fix the problem but they never work so I am hoping you can help me out! 1. The windows button in the bottom left does not work unless I right click on it. 2. Most...
  9. I can't access my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't access my computer.: After downloading what was supposed to be "DriverUpdatePlus" from Microsoft I can't access my computer. It won't let me enter my password or respond in any way. Have I made a bad mistake and downloaded a virus, malware or something?...
  10. Can't access my computer

Can't access my computer: New computer, set up networking to all the other computers (4) on my network, now trying to map some locations on my computer, click on the computer name and nothing happens, it doesn't expand. Network discovery is turned on as well as file and print sharing. This computer...